Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Came across this site whilst searching for photos & info of the P*2 after ordering one mid July.

Looks like a great source of information, and great to see some fellow UK owners to be..!

I suspect like a fair few others who have signed up for one of these, being a die hard Petrolhead, this will be (our - as both my bus. partner & I) first EV, primarliy drawn by the lure of mea cheap BIK through the busines for the next 3 years.

We originally ordered Audi E-tron's, but cancelled them when Covid hit due to the uncertaincy - and then went to re-order 4 wks ago, to be told the quotes were out of date and that lease prices for the 50 launch ed. had jumped up due to worsening residuals. The result - nearly a £200/month increase in onthlies which was crazy..!

Not really a Tesla fan, so started looking at alternatives - and up popped the Polesatr 2!

I think theyve pitched the pricing just right TBH, and sub £550/ month for a Performance pack car with the benefit of no or minimal co. car tax is a no brainer, and enough to sway us away from our largish petrol ICE vehicles - and should also help with the Man maths of jusifying an even larger petrol engined older weekend toy to readress the balance (Yes I know thats not very "EV", but hey YOLO..!)

Colour choice wise - I persnally would have loved a deep cherry red met, or Polestar/ Maimi Blue, but with the rather conservative colour pallete we plumped for midnight/charcoal and (originally) Thunder/ slate.

I subsequenty changed from Thunder to Magnesium/Slate as I think the lighter colour lifts the car a bit (and its not a large car), but am still undecided TBH, so I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who's ordered Magnesium (Am I in the minority, I suspect Thunder Grey will be most popular in the UK?)

I've seen the colour on an XC40 in teh flesh and I thought it looked more "Suzuka Grey" in hue, as opposed to just plain old Met Silver, which if so would be ideal.

Anyway, fingers crossed we get our delivery dates soonish, and looking forward to picking up some good nuggets of info from this site in the meantime...!

Cheers,

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just a suggestion - even if you can't get on a test drive yet, why not find out where the next one is and swing by to get a look at the cars if its not too far away? They may not let you too near, but you should be able to check out the exterior colours

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, now I’ve seen the UK Polestar space is popping up in Westfield I may use it as an excuse to do some shopping and drop by once open.
maids law says they’ll have Thunder and Snow though..!
On the plus side if I don’t get to see one it’ll be a surprise one way or the other when it does finally arrive..:D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Westfield will not open until October, test drives are taking place now from Farnborough, Banbury and Salford. Depends on how impatient you are!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts