Polestar Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Anyone know if the home screen can be customized with shortcuts for particular settings? like toggling regen to standard vs off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone know if the home screen can be customized with shortcuts for particular settings? like toggling regen to standard vs off?
Toggling regen (off, low, standard) is already one button press in the Car tab.
I don't think you can create shortcuts for this anywhere else at the moment.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you are toggling this regularly then maybe you should rethink why. It's usually best to get used to driving with one operational mode for your accelerator. You don't want to get into a tight spot and then all of a sudden realize that your not getting the same deceleration you thought you might get when you lift off the pedal. Driving (especially after many years) is something we do instinctively without much thought. For example, getting used to driving with any amount of one pedal operation can make it unnerving to hop into an ICE rental car.

As I teach my kids to drive, I always tell them to ignore all the bells and whistles in the new cars. They first have to develop than instinct to go from the accelerator to the brake every time no matter what.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's a good point. In my P*2 I have it set to Standard 100% of the time, and you can one-pedal drive most of the time. Still, you do need the brake pedal to brake really hard, and the instinct needs to be there. With that said, I have been driving for so many years, that even when I go back to a standard car, the instinct to use the brake pedal is so strong, it has not yet been a problem.
This really is the wrong thread for this topic, but I also wanted to add that even with this setting set to Off or Low, when using the brake pedal, the car still uses regenerative braking as far as it can before switching to the regular brakes.

·
Registered
517 Posts
This really is the wrong thread for this topic, but I also wanted to add that even with this setting set to Off or Low, when using the brake pedal, the car still uses regenerative braking as far as it can before switching to the regular brakes.
This is a very important feature that Tesla does not support.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is a very important feature that Tesla does not support.
Yeah, it's fantastic. And if anyone wonders how to prevent rust on the discs from them getting used very little, that's automatically taken care of by the brake pads slightly brushing the discs every now and then (I think) without generating any heat or loss of range. Exactly how this works, I do not know, but Tesla has this same feature.

EDIT: suggestion, perhaps an admin can move these last 6 posts about regenerative braking to its own thread, if possible that is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you are a Spotify user, please consider voting here to suggest to Spotify that they increase the bitrate / audio quality for the Android Automotive version, or make it a user configurable setting:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, it's fantastic. And if anyone wonders how to prevent rust on the discs from them getting used very little, that's automatically taken care of by the brake pads slightly brushing the discs every now and then (I think) without generating any heat or loss of range. Exactly how this works, I do not know, but Tesla has this same feature.

EDIT: suggestion, perhaps an admin can move these last 6 posts about regenerative braking to its own thread, if possible that is.
I remember being called by the garage and shown the rusted up brakes of my wife's Cortina. She never used the brakes, and relied purely on engine braking. She got a lecture from him on, engines for acceleration, and brakes for braking. Interesting to hear there is a solution to rusted up brakes on these electric cars where brakes will be rarely used.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rust on discs is only one part of the problem.

Braking creates heat that gets rid of excess moisture in the pads. Leaving the pads full of moisture during the winter can lead to cracks.

I learned that in Bjorn's series about his Tesla brakes problems, it's really interesting.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Somewhat relevant:
Google commits to 'eliminating [their] entire carbon legacy' starting today, including sourcing only carbon-free energy by 2030 (using offsets for carbon neutrality until then):

21 - 31 of 31 Posts