Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t have my PS2 yet (soon!) but I have seen a YouTube video demonstrating, like any android version, that one can click on the Build number in the about software menu and this will enable developer options.

Has anyone done this on the PS2? What happened/changed?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Nope, it's disabled on the configuration of Android Automotive installed on the PS2.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Thanks. Any Easter eggs if you click on the android version?
Doesn't look like it. There are only a few things that are tappable, and I've tapped them all quite a lot. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doesn't look like it. There are only a few things that are tappable, and I've tapped them all quite a lot. :)
If you find any of the installed systems app that can be deactivated in order to bypass it, let me know ;)
There are quite a lot of them however I haven’t find any which could help bypass it. Don’t think one can, but it’s worth a try :p

·
Registered
482 Posts
Press release today. Looks like they want folks to develop with the emulator rather than an actual 2. Strangely, the headline mentions a game and then I saw no further mention in the press release.

Sometimes I wonder how the relationship with Google is really going. The one car that runs AA is rife with software issues and the automaker is having to support developers because the Play store is otherwise a wasteland.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes, developer mode and sideloading are disabled. The emulator is the only current developer option.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Press release today. Looks like they want folks to develop with the emulator rather than an actual 2. Strangely, the headline mentions a game and then I saw no further mention in the press release.

Sometimes I wonder how the relationship with Google is really going. The one car that runs AA is rife with software issues and the automaker is having to support developers because the Play store is otherwise a wasteland.

Seems like the relationship is solid from some of the other things they've mentioned, but they are a small fry in a big (heavily regulated) pool. Plus they're first out of the gate, so...

FWIW, Android Auto has been out for a while and it only recently got access to parking, nav, and charging apps as well, so Automotive isn't really that far behind relatively speaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts