Polestar Forum banner

221 - 240 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I found it. This happens when the permissions are not there. You could check somewhere deep inside the device settings (App Permissions / Additional Permissions / Access car Information). But I can fix this in the next version this weekend that will also add speed recoding. Two more weeks and this is going to be the next TeslaFi. Thanks again to everyone testing it, the data really helps to improve it, even if it does not work for everyone right now. It's amazing, the cars are out there for four months now, and we already have a multitude of different operating system versions and vehicles..
Thank you for putting in this work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. Nice work @seb
Seems like i only get updates while i’m driving or just when i activate via the QR code. When the PS is parked and charging at home the info on charge state and range etc. just freeze. Maybe i missed something here...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi. Nice work @seb
Seems like i only get updates while i’m driving or just when i activate via the QR code. When the PS is parked and charging at home the info on charge state and range etc. just freeze. Maybe i missed something here...
It's buried a bit earlier in the thread, but when the car is sleeping it doesn't transmit any data.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ok, thanks👍 Long thread here so trying too keep up with all the info🤓
Good point! Probably worth another thread purely for seb's app.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
29 Posts
It needs to be done like on XDA Developers. Seb starts his own thread and modify the first post with install isntrutions, release information etc so that it is all at the top in a single place. At the moment the useful information is buried in odd posts - I had to go back a number of pages to work it all out. It will be easier for Seb and others to support and maintain it that way and easier for others to link to as well.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Haven't seen a QR code or anything. Found the app ok, it was top of the list when I searched. Installed, it loads the sounds effects and that is about it. I did get the permission prompt, which I accepted, and also confirmed through the main settings permissions list. Car is still on the November update if that makes a difference - it wasn't clear from the thread if it required the latest update or not.
This was exactly my experience. I restarted the app and got the QR code. I've now got the app running on my phone. Of course the range is in km and all the times are 7 hours off 😆. But for some reason the charge state says 69% when I really sitting at 100.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This was exactly my experience. I restarted the app and got the QR code. I've now got the app running on my phone. Of course the range is in km and all the times are 7 hours off 😆. But for some reason the charge state says 69% when I really sitting at 100.
Ni...fty app, huh?

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
297 Posts
Quick Update: AudioCrate Version 17 is live in the store. This is not the one from yeasterday sending all data, it's the one before (with the data cleanup).

For all the data lovers: you can download all logged data now when you use the "Download" option in the web app:
(@nikagl - rename your car is also fixed :)

The charging value seems to be charging / discharging while driving including recuperation.

View attachment 3730
I successfully downloaded the first version of the app in the car through the Store. Working fine after scanning code and comms are ok. However since a few days I can't see the app in the Store anymore. (Canada). Is that normal ?
Anything needs to be done to find version 17 ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
A reboot of the device appeared to have resolved the issue and the QR code came straight up.

Can I make a small feature request? I would like to get the current battery charge level and range in to my Home Assistant instance. The Download All Data link looks idea for that, but as it shows all of the history, it will be hard to get the right information. Can you add a field which is always the latest information? Current_battlevel and current_range or something. It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it is consistently the same data but with unique topic name. If not possible, perhaps a second page that shows JUST the latest information therefore making an integration straight forward.

Location would be nice as well... but I think there would be some security and liability concerns over that so probably not a good idea.

The web page showing just the number for the range confused me for a moment, until I realised it was in KM. Perhaps some units on there might help?

·
Registered
65 Posts
It needs to be done like on XDA Developers. Seb starts his own thread and modify the first post with install isntrutions, release information etc so that it is all at the top in a single place. At the moment the useful information is buried in odd posts - I had to go back a number of pages to work it all out. It will be easier for Seb and others to support and maintain it that way and easier for others to link to as well.
Yes, especially as the original post and title isn't even about this - any new member browsing by thread title isn't likely to find this (unless they're just clicking on everything like me!)

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,010 Posts
@seb If you'd like to start a new thread, I can make it sticky (pinned at the top) for a while, while it's such a hot topic? If people think that would be useful?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
A reboot of the device appeared to have resolved the issue and the QR code came straight up.

Can I make a small feature request? I would like to get the current battery charge level and range in to my Home Assistant instance. The Download All Data link looks idea for that, but as it shows all of the history, it will be hard to get the right information. Can you add a field which is always the latest information? Current_battlevel and current_range or something. It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it is consistently the same data but with unique topic name. If not possible, perhaps a second page that shows JUST the latest information therefore making an integration straight forward.

Location would be nice as well... but I think there would be some security and liability concerns over that so probably not a good idea.

The web page showing just the number for the range confused me for a moment, until I realised it was in KM. Perhaps some units on there might help?
You sound like you're working with Microsoft on this app 😋

I'm finding that the app is simply not updating even when I trigger the car and update the information. My range, percentage, and data appear to be static. :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
You sound like you're working with Microsoft on this app 😋

I'm finding that the app is simply not updating even when I trigger the car and update the information. My range, percentage, and data appear to be static. :confused:
Same issue for me, mostly. It seems it sends a few datapoints if I (re)start the app, but for the most part it sends nothing. And after leaving the car, it is definitely not sending anything. And sending the refresh command does nothing.

The car is connected to wifi at home, though. Perhaps it works better if wifi is turned off, so it has to use the cellular connection instead?

·
Registered
394 Posts
While the app is a cool step forward, I wouldn't use it for any automation or anything yet. It's a good step for building out something to see everything the car is doing while you're driving, but since it doesn't (can't) transmit when it's sleeping (~20 mins after its parked), it's not very useful for monitoring charge or anything like that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
While the app is a cool step forward, I wouldn't use it for any automation or anything yet. It's a good step for building out something to see everything the car is doing while you're driving, but since it doesn't (can't) transmit when it's sleeping (~20 mins after its parked), it's not very useful for monitoring charge or anything like that.
I am aware of the limitations. However if I am checking at 9pm at night to see if the car needs to be plugged in, it will do until the official app gets released.

221 - 240 of 267 Posts