Polestar Forum banner

241 - 260 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I am aware of the limitations. However if I am checking at 9pm at night to see if the car needs to be plugged in, it will do until the official app gets released.
How so? The app will not transmit data while the car is sleeping and cannot wake it up.

Reactions: krheinwald

·
Registered
29 Posts
How so? The app will not transmit data while the car is sleeping and cannot wake it up.
You don't know that. It is obvious that Polestar will have additional functionality within the system - it might already be sending information to Polestar when it is charging (for example) or they will introduce it in an OTA update that is released when the app is released. We just don't know.
Once the app is released then it will get reverse engineered as they always do and that additional functionality will be available to others.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You don't know that. It is obvious that Polestar will have additional functionality within the system - it might already be sending information to Polestar when it is charging (for example) or they will introduce it in an OTA update that is released when the app is released. We just don't know.
Once the app is released then it will get reverse engineered as they always do and that additional functionality will be available to others.
Seb, in this thread, has pointed out that the app stops sending data when the car sleeps and he can't wake it up. It's likely that the official app will have access to lower level functions to wake the car so it can pull data or control it while it's sleeping, but that functionality probably won't be made available to Play store apps since a bug in some music app could kill the 12v.

Android Automotive runs the infotainment system, which has access to lots of features, but it doesn't control the whole car.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,010 Posts
For me, the most useful thing (once we're allowed to go anywhere) will be to watch how my rapid charging is doing, so I can aim to be back at the car when it hits 80%. Plus I get OCD willing the kW charging rate to keep going up :).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another lack of update to report unfortuantely. Just been out to do some errands which meant the car was stopped and left four times while I was out and the update time is still from yesterday morning when I last rebooted the system. The app was open when I first started the car as well.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The app updated itself sometime over the last few days for me - if you tap towards the lower right of the settings screen, you get a piano you can play (one fingered)! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry my week was super bus, I was on the test track last Friday to test a new vehicle and there is a lot to do... I hope to get it done tomorrow afternoon, I had to replace the vehicle sounds. I bought it a sound platform to use it in the app, but I don't have permission to upload to GitHub of course. And I broke the build with a small change to detect the Volvo Recharge :-(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, here is the repository. Please have mercy with my code, I wanted to clean it up... munichseb/AudioCrate - Feel free to modify whatever you like, no copyright whatsoever. I will also add the server parts, quick & dirty PHP.

We can also use this as ticketing service. So even if you are not a developer feel free to add any bugs or requests or whatever.
It's already useful - after getting my car back (dealer repairing their piss poor prep work), it works well for monitoring the charge level. I've ran it a few times and although the app says something like 4.2342348 as the charging parameter, multiplied by 10 it is pretty accurate to the charger rate (within 2-3%) - so giving for some overheads getting syphoned off by the rest of the car it seems to be giving a true picture of the amount of KWhs going into the battery

Interestingly the "-" number for charging lines up pretty nicely with the power draw during driving as well (with some decimal point movement) - on my data it shows in the low hundreds of Whs during the sedated part of the journey, rising to 1.3KWh (actually looked again closer - the highest would be 3.4KWh :oops:) when I do remember giving it some beans. I think the charging parameter should be read as mWh (either + or -) and it lines up with reality pretty well for the power going in or out of the battery
Ignore the above - I forgot how maths worked for a moment - the output number is still interesting - my ramblings about what it could be are flawed completely :(

Keep up the great work!!!! 👍

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another lack of update to report unfortuantely. Just been out to do some errands which meant the car was stopped and left four times while I was out and the update time is still from yesterday morning when I last rebooted the system. The app was open when I first started the car as well.
I’ve got the same but was not sure if this was a feature or not. I appear to have to re-scan the qr code to get the info downloaded after the car has gone to sleep.

keep up the good work BTW

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I’ve got the same but was not sure if this was a feature or not. I appear to have to re-scan the qr code to get the info downloaded after the car has gone to sleep.

keep up the good work BTW
I'm going to try a re-scan as well to see if it will update.

·
Registered
Midnight Charcoal 20” nonPP waiting for delivery date
132 Posts
Seb, whilst it is commendable that you are developing an improved telemetric app, and we all agree this will be invaluable. However it would perhaps time better spent if you develop the app that is so obviously missing and impairing the usefulness of the car.....the whoopee cushion app!

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you could supply 1-3 sounds I would be super happy to include them :) To really match the experience we need a sounds that play on the left or right speaker only. What would be an appropriate name? "Thors Revenge"? "Invisible Mjölnir?" :)

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I reinstalled the app, re-scaned it to get the data on my phone, and I get the same static data just with an updated date :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had my car upgraded to the new OS on Friday. Been out and about today with it and it updated twice in its own without the app being open. However updates are unpredictable unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Had my car upgraded to the new OS on Friday. Been out and about today with it and it updated twice in its own without the app being open. However updates are unpredictable unfortunately.
I thought that the car wouldn't update unless you say it's ok.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I think he means updated data coming from the app being tested...

241 - 260 of 267 Posts