Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a very long wait my Polestar 2 arrived today. Everything seems to be working fine and the car drives great but sadly the software hasn鈥檛 been updated since September so no preconditioning which would be great in this weather 馃ザ.

Bearing in mind my VIN is 66xx I assumed all the rework had been carried out. I called Polestar support to ask about booking the car in for the software update and asked what work had been carried out. She said she couldn鈥檛 tell me and that I should ask my local Volvo dealer when it goes in for the software update. She also said no OTA updates are possible at the moment.

Who should I talk to ask about the recall work?

Registered
2021 Polestar 2
After a very long wait my Polestar 2 arrived today. Everything seems to be working fine and the car drives great but sadly the software hasn鈥檛 been updated since September so no preconditioning which would be great in this weather 馃ザ.

Bearing in mind my VIN is 66xx I assumed all the rework had been carried out. I called Polestar support to ask about booking the car in for the software update and asked what work had been carried out. She said she couldn鈥檛 tell me and that I should ask my local Volvo dealer when it goes in for the software update. She also said no OTA updates are possible at the moment.

View attachment 2948

View attachment 2945 View attachment 2946

View attachment 2947
Glad you鈥檙e chuffed with your purchase. It鈥檚 a shame they haven鈥檛 completed the software update prior to recall and you would need the October release before OTA would have worked for you. Get PS to book you in for software and when booked in ask the Volvo dealership to check recall status. They were able to tell me that mine had been done before delivery as they have access to the master record.

well done on the car and joining this motley group.

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's

View attachment 2948

View attachment 2947

View attachment 2948

View attachment 2947
I just ain鈥檛 right that they鈥檙e shipping out of date cars. At least offer you the choice- take it now & update when we fit you in, or wait till it鈥檚 ready. Then you know where you stand.
Whether it鈥檚 Leaseplan or Polestar that made that decision, I think they should be held accountable.

Registered
Snow, Charcoal, non-PP
Could it be that this varies on the dealer that delivers the car or maybe even per country. I read on a Dutch forum that dealers where getting less than 500 euro for delivering one car. As an update takes approximately one hour perhaps they decide not to do it. I do have to say that in Holland Polestar has created a pickup center (very well organised) and they make sure that the cars are made for delivery at least with he update that allows OTA updates. I picked up mine second week of December and they deliver it with the November Update.

Registered
I just got my Polestar 2 today and also needed a software update. Fortunately a very nice lady at the Customer Service arranged for me to take my car to a Volvo dealer in Twickenham next week.

So they can book an appointment for you!

Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got my Polestar 2 today and also needed a software update. Fortunately a very nice lady at the Customer Service arranged for me to take my car to a Volvo dealer in Twickenham next week.

So they can book an appointment for you!
Thanks all for the comments. It's booked into Volvo Warrington next Friday for the updates. The Volvo service rep said all the recall work had been carried out so it's a bit strange they didn't update the software att the same time but hey ho, onwards and upwards!!

Registered
Thanks all for the comments. It's booked into Volvo Warrington next Friday for the updates. The Volvo service rep said all the recall work had been carried out so it's a bit strange they didn't update the software att the same time but hey ho, onwards and upwards!!
I wonder if yours was on the same truck as mine? My driver said he had a white one to do next. Delivered a couple of days ago and my software is also out of date (sep build) and booked into Warrington for its update next Wednesday.

Registered

View attachment 2948

View attachment 2947
By the look of the background you are very close to me, I have never seen another Polestar since I took delivery of mine in Thunder in October. I鈥檒l give you a wave if I see you, you鈥檒l love the car.

Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if yours was on the same truck as mine? My driver said he had a white one to do next. Delivered a couple of days ago and my software is also out of date (sep build) and booked into Warrington for its update next Wednesday.

View attachment 2969
No my car was on a 2 car transporter and the guy was delivering a Thunder one to a lucky custmer next. Your car looks great by the way.

Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
By the look of the background you are very close to me, I have never seen another Polestar since I took delivery of mine in Thunder in October. I鈥檒l give you a wave if I see you, you鈥檒l love the car.
Thats Knowsley. not far from QVC. I've not seen another Polestar myself so I'll have a look out for you.

Registered
I saw a lovely shiny PS2 Thunder pull out onto the A59 near Rufford just before Christmas when I was out walking with a mate who lives in Burscough.
That was probably me. You should be excited it鈥檚 a fantastic car, what colour have you gone for ? I will keep an eye out for you.

Registered
That was probably me. You should be excited it鈥檚 a fantastic car, what colour have you gone for ? I will keep an eye out for you.
I鈥檝e gone for Void...last few cars have been black...creature of habit. I鈥檓 making the switch from a Volvo S90 to PS2...I was sold on the test drive back in Sept in Salford. I鈥檒l keep an eye out too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts