Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
I watched this yesterday. I don’t get the regularly banging of the knee, but do understand that claustrophobic feeling on long drives. But my knees & ankles aren’t great through tennis at the best of times.
Over all a fair review I think. Good to see a little critique rather than some others which appear to be thinly veiled paid adverts

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Think they both hamming up the knee thing, did not have a problem on the test drive, must be the way Yorkshire Man drive there cars, 😂

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
I certainly noticed it on my test drive, and the first couple of drives once I got the car. But now it wouldn't even cross my mind to mention it. It's soon forgotten about.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
It hasn't been a problem for me at all.

The car doesn't strike me as an SUV, either.

Finally, they criticize it as not being a performance vehicle, but they really didn't test it. Fornuft and Kansla had the same criticism, but when they ran it on their track, they got a better time than any car but the Porsche 911s. The Polestar was faster than a Tesla, Audi, Mustang, and more.

I'd love to see more track tests, but right now, I think it IS arguably a performance car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
As soon as they started criticising the PS for having door handles, thought “Fan Boy” I’ve watched his other and earlier videos which have been good.

I think he must still be hung over from New Years Eve!

To ask for a performance model, from a car that does sub 5 seconds and only a few tenths off a TM3 Performance I think is a little rich.

Overall a biased review.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The thing that interested me was that he said he had been approached to help design the software.......but then didn't comment any further on how rubbish it is!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
All my cars have had an enclosed cockpit feel. It's what I like.

On a long drive I want to feel safe and cuddled, in colder days I feel warmer, and lucky for us hot days are few and far between!

The whole knee things was a running joke which got old fast.

And yes I understand most EV's copied the Tesla door handles but a lot still have normal usable ones that work when there is frost.

Other stuff like economy and other pros and cons were fair enough.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Magnesium, Slate WeaveTech, 19", no PP, Tow bar. Pickup end of December.
32 Posts
I've had the car since December 28th and did a few drives and never had the knee thing as well. The feeling is more enclosed when I compare it to the V60 T8 I still have and drive next to each other to feel the differences between the two. But it's nowhere near that it's claustrophobic or uncomfortable on a longer drive and I am 1m80. That's normal because the V60 is a bigger car and on a bigger platform (SPA). The screams are exaggerated indeed and got tiresome quickly. It's true it's not a ground up EV platform but it isn't true that it's an ICE platform that they slammed a battery in. The CMA and SPA were both developed with electrification in mind from the start, so it's not an afterthought. Semantics I know :)

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
12 more sleeps till expected delivery, so i will compare with the outlander (I know big difference in quality and ride), i too could do with a cuddle but that’s because of lockdown, self isolation and Covid, feeling excited 😛 just the tonic i be needing, free to leave the house and the open road.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
I think the criticisms around range, charging, and efficiency are all fair.

But I think he doesn't do as good a job in separating his preferences from what he states as objective.
Seen this sort of thing in a number of the reviews (e.g. Rory Reid). If you like or you've gotten used to the Model 3, then you've already said to yourself that normal door handles, a driver's dash, wiper controls on a stalk, etc are are unnecessary or even undesirable. You more want EVs to be more of a total departure from ICE conventions. And using a shared ICE/PHEV/BEV platform is sacrilege (even if it was designed for handling BEVs from the get go, like CMA).

In contrast, Tesla's design (or lack thereof...) basically kept me from getting an EV in the first place, and I imagine that's true for many of us. I'm glad that now going EV doesn't mean having to explain to my parents how to open a car's door.

That said as much as I love my car, I know it's not perfect. Luckily the most most glaringly imperfect things (range, charging, 4G stability, etc) can be handled by software updates (battery management on charge, charging curve, 4G radio initialization). I fully expect Polestar will improve/correct these over the next months.... and if they don't do so, I'll happy drive it for a while until a better option can be had after I trade it in.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Off topic- when driving an auto, especially the P2 with OPD, does anyone else tuck their left foot behind their right leg? I do this as I suffer with my left knee & need to keep changing position when driving. In the Polestar there’s a rise in the floor where my left foot rests. Maybe battery storage? It’s not very comfortable.
The rug is my girlfriend’s (we know her taste is questionable) and the socks were an Xmas gift from my son & I love them!!

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Off topic- when driving an auto, especially the P2 with OPD, does anyone else tuck their left foot behind their right leg? I do this as I suffer with my left knee & need to keep changing position when driving. In the Polestar there’s a rise in the floor where my left foot rests. Maybe battery storage? It’s not very comfortable.
The rug is my girlfriend’s (we know her taste is questionable) and the socks were an Xmas gift from my son & I love them!!
View attachment 2852
I definitely do this as one of the positions I switch between on longer drives. Though not because of any glamorous orthopedic issue as I am entirely unathletic. Haven’t noticed any issues in the car though that could be RHD vs LHD. Love the decor.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
I don't do that, but I do find it highly annoying that there's nowhere to the right of the accelerator pedal to rest my right foot when ACC is active. It's possible to drive for hours without needing to move your right foot on long journeys and just hovering it is painful after a while, but resting it on the accelerator causes it to start accelerating if you're not careful! Previous cars did have a right foot rest and it was a big help for general comfort, back comfort in particular.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Agreed i like a foot rest when setting the car onto auto, otherwise you do tent to push down on the peddle, like the shocks Dave. is there not a foot rest can not remember from the test drive.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Sadly not. It means I have to sort of turn my foot sideways and back, away from the accelerator, which I'm not really a fan of doing as it moves it further away from the brake pedal for emergencies...

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Sadly not. It means I have to sort of turn my foot sideways and back, away from the accelerator, which I'm not really a fan of doing as it moves it further away from the brake pedal for emergencies...
Thank you back to hanging foot in the air then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts