Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ordering in October, almost cancelling to change to a cash purchase from the lease (CS rep didn't know what they were doing), then a nervous wait this morning. mine arrived this morning.
Quick pic of it before it went out for a first drive, nice and clean. It wasn't when I got back. Wet day didn't help. Apparently the driver did a Snow earlier and it was brown when he took it off the lorry.

20210113_141235.jpg

Everything present and correct - First Aid kit etc was all there. Alas the wifi doesn't work at all. No MAC address listed in the about section. I will wait for the next OTA update before I contact customer services.

Anyone else thinks it sounds like a tube train when it starts off under heavy acceleration?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,863 Posts
Definitely a tube train or a tram, yes! What version of software is shown on the Infotainment screen, specifically the Android Security Patch Level? It should be November, or at the very least October for OTA updates to work. On the other hand, if the WiFi isn't working, it's almost certainly the November edition :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely a tube train or a tram, yes! What version of software is shown on the Infotainment screen, specifically the Android Security Patch Level? It should be November, or at the very least October for OTA updates to work. On the other hand, if the WiFi isn't working, it's almost certainly the November edition :rolleyes: .
Definately the November software, it was one of the things I checked. The other thing I noticed was that the trip computer was 41 days. I guess that means it was finished on 3rd December.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sounds like an elevator (sorry, lift!) motor to me. A subtle one. I gave my detailer a quick ride today and he compared it (especially the silent, immediate acceleration) to a roller coaster. That seems more fun!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sounds like an elevator (sorry, lift!) motor to me. A subtle one. I gave my detailer a quick ride today and he compared it (especially the silent, immediate acceleration) to a roller coaster. That seems more fun!
Ha, on my first drive yesterday where I was demonstrating the immediate acceleration to my teenagers, my wife described exactly that - a roller coaster feeling (could be my manic driving).

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
246 Posts
I used to do this on a certain section of road in my S4 that went from 30mph to 60mph, i would drop it into second, trundle along and then floor it as we passed the national speed limit sign. Kids love it. I really look forward to doing that when my P* arrives, it is something that I will never grow tired of 🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
We have drive through tolling. You're supposed to drive through at 20 mph or less. Now? I drive through at 10. 'Gives me more room for acceleration! (It's also kind of fun to zoom away from the guy behind.)

Reactions: Mick

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,863 Posts
Is that like drive-through trolling, where you pull up next to another driver, blow a raspberry at them and then boot it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts