Polestar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
For those of us with phones without inductive charging (according to this discussion maybe a bad idea anyway as the phone gets so hot), I have been wondering if anyone has come up with a way to bypass the USB-C sockets under the flap, to connect regular USB cables. The existing flaps and vertically connected cables get in the way of a second phone if using charging cables. If a suitable 12v or 5v power source could be found, somewhere under the selector/charging pad panels, some short USB cables could be left dangling, ready to connect one or two phones for charging.

Does anyone have an overview of the cables /pin-outs of the connectors under the panels, and if any might provide a suitable power source to tap into?

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
The USB charging module has a single multicore shielded cable which - my guess - goes to the left hand socket with the white ring around it and is wired to the infotainment system.

There are then an additional two wires which - my guess - power the charger for the other socket.

I'd be -really- surprised if those two wires are not a switched 12V supply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts