Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone of short stature who has driven a P2 give feedback on driving position?

Unable to get a test drive anywhere near me and my wife has struggled in some other cars.

She is 5'2" and is curious about:
Reaching the pedals
Seeing out the front over the dash
If the pedals are low to the floor

Anyone who can give their opinion?

Thanks

·
Registered
738 Posts
It's fine ... I'm 5'9 and the wife is 5'4. Plenty of adjustment in the seat and steering wheel. (just note the seats are automatic / electric ... where the Steering wheel is manual)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think she would be fine. The seat adjusts in various helpful ways. I find forward visibility excellent (I’m 5’6). If she is used to driving with gears/ a clutch she will probably be comfortable with having her legs straighter and more relaxed, so want to sit a bit further back anyway. It’s so lovely and easy to drive. Where are you located?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. Comforting to know. Now just to get the order progressed from 'pending
Sounds a lot like our current car where seats are paired to the keys - really lazy but so convenient.
Located near Wotton Under Edge M5 J14 so even if I could get a slot its a long way to go for a test drive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can anyone of short stature who has driven a P2 give feedback on driving position?
My partner and I had a test drive last weekend. she is 5ft 3 1/2".

I have asked her the questions...

Reaching the pedals
she says she had no problem reaching the pedals, in fact, she moved the seat too far forward initially. she says that there is plenty of adjustment on the seat for her needs.

Seeing out the front over the dash
She did feel that the windscreen was narrow in height ( it was my opinion too) but we are coming out of a BMW i3 which has a large panoramic windscreen, so it came as a bit of a shock peering through what seemed like a letterbox by comparison.

The test drive was rushed, so she didn't get sufficient time to fully adjust the seat to her requirements, her comment was that she felt that she was "sat in a bucket".

The side windows are also narrow and the central console is very high, and wide at the top ( to accommodate the portrait orientation of the central display), she didn't have the seat high enough to be fair and couldn't find the knob to adjust the height when we were on the move. She had the same opinion when she was the passenger, but felt a lot better once she had adjusted the seat height.

Even though the seat was too low during her drive she didn't have any issue seeing over the dash/bonnet.

Regarding rear visibility, she says forget about the visibility through the rear window, it is virtually non-existant. I have to say that it is very narrow and hindered by the centre headrest, I would remove this tbh. Unlike the Tesla, there was no facility for the rear camera to be operational whilst driving ( this needs to be a software update I would suggest)

If the pedals are low to the floor
my partner has size 3 1/2 feet, she reports that she didn't have any issue with pedal operation, her heel was always on the floor.

I highly recommend that you test drive the car before committing to purchase, we had a very different opinion of the car from our initial perception after the test drive.

I hope this is helpful to your wife.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the excellent feedback.
Really helps.
Will try and get a test drive beforehand.
Its a company lease so still plenty of time before they sort out the ordering mess.
Thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks for the excellent feedback.
Really helps.
Will try and get a test drive beforehand.
Its a company lease so still plenty of time before they sort out the ordering mess.
Thanks
mrs. polerad is 5'1" (on a good day). She liked the P*2 so much on the test drive she basically nixed looking at anything else (at least until a BEV Volvo S60/V60 or 90 comes out) and made doubly sure that her driving profile would be saved in the memory seats.

So I think you're good

Reactions: markgw

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife is ~5' 3" and said the visibility from the driver seat was really good and that all of the controls were a comfy distance after she adjusted from my session.

On the opposite end of the spectrum at 6' 1", I'll say that if you are in the back seat, you really don't want the person in front of you to have the seat down too low or there is nowhere for your toes.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
With four adults of diverse heights, we might have to play a bit of Polestar tetris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts