Polestar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure I am brave enough to have a go..... But am planning on getting the car a ceramic coating so will see if the guys doing that can do this at the same time - must be easy for the detailers...

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm feeling kinda smug after showing the detailer my console wrap this morning. He couldn't believe that it was a DIY job. They have done tons of console wraps on Teslas, so he understood the process well.

:cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm feeling kinda smug after showing the detailer my console wrap this morning. He couldn't believe that it was a DIY job. They have done tons of console wraps on Teslas, so he understood the process well.

:cool:
I still don't have the stones to do this myself, but really want it done--particularly with exceptional pictures of the finished product like you folks have posted. Sigh....

·
Registered
2021 2
1,331 Posts
I feel like the carbon fiber finish wouldn't match as well with the lighter wood accents of the leather interior.
Any thoughts of a wrap color/texture that would?
I'm already finding the smudginess of the piano black is annoying but don't know what I'd replace it with!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I feel like the carbon fiber finish wouldn't match as well with the lighter wood accents of the leather interior.
Any thoughts of a wrap color/texture that would?
I'm already finding the smudginess of the piano black is annoying but don't know what I'd replace it with!
Take a look at mine - it's a bit more modern/subtle than carbon fibre?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I asked the guy who did the window tint on my last car if he would wrap the console and he said no. (I sent him this forum link)

I am way too scared to do it myself. Would a detail place normally do this?

·
Registered
600 Posts
My place was wary about pulling the panel off because they'd never seen a Polestar before and didn't want to break anything, so I pulled it off and handed it to them, then they did it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those that don't want the carbon fiber look, a decent looking alternative is black wood. I did mine, and it turned out like this:
ps2_wrap1.jpg
ps2_wrap2.jpg

It looks way more glossy on the pictures than in real life. Photos taken in daylight would have looked way better. It blends fairly nicely with the wooden look that's already there, although the "wood grain" doesn't look exaclty the same.

This is actually quite cheap, and targeted mainly for home refurbishing, I think. I bought it locally here in Norway, but it is also available on Amazon.

·
Registered
442 Posts
And a Clas ohlson product number?

·
Registered
P2, Magnesium on Charcoal, performance pack
59 Posts
I really like the brushed satin black wrap I have seen a number of people have done in other groups. It looks very neutral, the pattern is very subtle and complements with the rest of the interior very well. I will probably go with that.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts