Polestar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, considering the jump to EV and the Polestar tops the list (on paper).
Are there any members near Helensburgh/Glasgow that wouldn’t mind showing me around their car?
also interested In the real world practicalities, where they can be serviced etc.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 LRDM Thunder Grey with Pilot and Plus. Performance software u/g
27 Posts
Ally

I'm in Kilmacolm so probably not far from you. Message me and I'll be happy to let you see mine. LRDM 22 model with Pilot and Plus.
I've had zero problems with it and have covered over 3000 miles in it since Feb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ally

I'm in Kilmacolm so probably not far from you. Message me and I'll be happy to let you see mine. LRDM 22 model with Pilot and Plus.
I've had zero problems with it and have covered over 3000 miles in it since Feb.
Hi there FlyingScot - I'm in exactly the same position as the original poster, considering our first EV and very interested in the Polestar, and also happen to live in Kilmacolm as it happens. If the offer is still open would you be up for letting us have a wee look and a chat about how you've found it (maybe over a coffee in Cairn on us)? Particular keen to see the kind of space available in the back seat and boot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there FlyingScot - I'm in exactly the same position as the original poster, considering our first EV and very interested in the Polestar, and also happen to live in Kilmacolm as it happens. If the offer is still open would you be up for letting us have a wee look and a chat about how you've found it (maybe over a coffee in Cairn on us)? Particular keen to see the kind of space available in the back seat and boot.
Hi Gordon
If you give the arnold clark inovation centre a call they have a twin motor for test drive I went out in it on Sunday and was very impressed. They give you a 30min test drive and staff are super helpful almost like an apple shop experience no sales push they pass your details to their leading arm for quote again not pushy. It was my wife's suggestion I pass the centre at Whiteinch every day going to work and hadn't thought to check. I am contemplating ordering this weekend long range single motor twin motor is outrageously fast I would fear my licence and the stats are ax quick as my current Jaguar xe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Gordon
If you give the arnold clark inovation centre a call they have a twin motor for test drive I went out in it on Sunday and was very impressed. They give you a 30min test drive and staff are super helpful almost like an apple shop experience no sales push they pass your details to their leading arm for quote again not pushy. It was my wife's suggestion I pass the centre at Whiteinch every day going to work and hadn't thought to check. I am contemplating ordering this weekend long range single motor twin motor is outrageously fast I would fear my licence and the stats are ax quick as my current Jaguar xe.
Ah, perfect! That's what I'll do then. Didn't even realise the innovation centre was there! Many thanks!

·
Registered
Polestar 2 LRDM Thunder Grey with Pilot and Plus. Performance software u/g
27 Posts
Gordon

Feel free to stop me if you see me in the village and have a chat. I've now covered over 5k in mine and use it for both long and short distance trips.
The power is somewhat addictive especially as I added the performance software to mine.

Derek

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi folks - just joined the forum and keen to see if there’s anyone in Glasgow who can show me their Polestar 2.
Looking to book one soon but not seeing one before buying is making me nervous. I’ve tried looking for test drives, even tried looking for used cars around but none that I can find.
Is there a kind soul who can show their P*2? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Nikhil - as mentioned by another poster above, the Arnold Clark Inovation Centre is the place to go! It's just at the North end of the Clyde Tunnel. They have a Polestar 2 (and the best choice of other EVs to test I've seen anywhere), which I managed to book same day for a no-hassle 30 min test drive. Just give them a call. They are super friendly (thanks again Iain!), and not trying to sell you anything at that site. It's a fabulous concept. I know AC get a bad rap for a number of things, but they should be hugely applauded for this endeavour - it's a great facility, and apparently one of the first in the country, so we're lucky to have it so close to us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Nikhil - as mentioned by another poster above, the Arnold Clark Inovation Centre is the place to go! It's just at the North end of the Clyde Tunnel. They have a Polestar 2 (and the best choice of other EVs to test I've seen anywhere), which I managed to book same day for a no-hassle 30 min test drive. Just give them a call. They are super friendly (thanks again Iain!), and not trying to sell you anything at that site. It's a fabulous concept. I know AC get a bad rap for a number of things, but they should be hugely applauded for this endeavour - it's a great facility, and apparently one of the first in the country, so we're lucky to have it so close to us.
Hi Gordon. Thank you for your response. That’s great to hear. I did read about it on this thread last night and was planning to give them a call today. Glad to hear your validation too. It’s a shame there’s hardly any talk about it anywhere online.
Hoping to finally get to see, touch and feel a P*2 soon 😀

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Gordon and David for sharing the info about the Arnold Clark Innovation Centre. It's indeed a great place and they have an amazing variety of EVs on display, and for test drive. Great experience. I just went there today and finally got to see the Polestar 2 in real! Now the discussions begin! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll throw in another vote for the innovation centre - when I was living in Glasgow I'd quite often stopping by their CPS rapid charger. When they hadn't long opened and the P*2 was still quite new onthe market, the guys came out to me - a strange experience role reversal showing a car salesman round your own car. They had a VW XL1 as a showpiece inside which was interesting as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll throw in another vote for the innovation centre - when I was living in Glasgow I'd quite often stopping by their CPS rapid charger. When they hadn't long opened and the P*2 was still quite new onthe market, the guys came out to me - a strange experience role reversal showing a car salesman round your own car. They had a VW XL1 as a showpiece inside which was interesting as well.
Nice. They still have that VW XL1 as a showpiece, quite quirky :D Oh but now they have a great collection of EVs to test drive and take a look at.

For anyone interested, check their website - https://www.arnoldclark.com/innovation-centre

1 - 16 of 16 Posts