Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be nice to have an outdoor, max of 6 per group, bacon butty / cake / coffee / fry-up meet-up in central England - Lighthorne Pavilion Cafe, halfway between JLR Gaydon and Warwick, to be precise about 10 mins off the M40 midway between the Banbury and Warwick exits. We're 15 minutes from the big Banbury 125kW InstaVolt charger bank (South-East of us) if that's useful.

I propose Sunday, 2nd May from 10:30 till 1 or 2pm notionally but just come along when you feel like it. The only problem will be the deluge of cyclists that tend to take over, so if you fancy one of their bacon/sausage/similar butties (vegan sausages normally available too) or even a full cooked breakfast, it will be best to let me know in advance and I'll put an order in with the owner the day before. The cyclists generally have all left by 1pm though so whatever's left will be quick to arrive, once ordered!

Anyone up for this?

They do have a few things like a table tennis table, badminton net (normally) and a well-maintained but currently unused cricket pitch for kids and dogs to run around if they choose.

We could even have a quick Zoom link-up with anyone in other countries who fancies saying Hi and putting faces to names :).

Richard

·
Registered
420 Posts
Think I should be able to swing this, might not be able to get there for 10:30 but fashionably late should be in the cards.

·
Registered
Thunder, non PP, towbar
74 Posts
Bit far for me but enjoy and make sure you post some photos (not of Dave obviously, one image of a luminous codpiece is more than enough).

·
Registered
691 Posts
I might consider the Zoom thing, but that's still way early for me. 4:30AM - 10:30 there. :-/

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boston is only 2hr 10min away according to Google Maps 😉

Let's play it by ear for the Zoom chat then as we could do it at 12:30 (GMT+1) which is a bit less early for the North American folk, though still the middle of the night on the West coast!

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
535 Posts
This sounds great! I’ve pencilled it in - my wife sometimes has courses she needs to attend on Sundays.

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If the weather's anything like today, it'll be a treat 😁 Might pop up there this afternoon after F1 qualifying to have a chat and see if he'd prefer people to book food by phone if possible. You can book before setting off, for instance, so people can be spontaneous on the day (that's my hope).
He'll be fine with us lining up our Polestars alongside the cricket pitch too 👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
1,114 Posts
I might be returning my son to Warwick uni that weekend, so that could work out well... Will let you know closer to the time.

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That would be nice. You'd be the only person I'd actually recognise! (Unless Dave arrives. I suspect there's no missing him 🙂)

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Really? 🤔 Oh well. I'm sure he'll have tracked down lots of Polestar gear to wear by then, as I know he loves "the look".

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good point. Dave, the only person with stickerless branded hoodie, for ultimate stealth.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts