Polestar Forum banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
117 Posts
Yes, Jonathan has posted pictures on the official Polestar Facebook page and has sent me a message saying how great it was to meet such passionate owners and appreciated our fairness and honesty. I'm hoping to create a more concrete link from this forum to Polestar themselves so that we get more advanced notice of things, in a similar vein to what happens on the Facebook page. Early times yet but I'll try 👍🏻
As a non-Facebook user, hopefully Jonathan will take on board the request for parity between owners/enthusiasts.

As for yesterday: it was a refreshing way for an informal social event which we should all be very proud of.

Well done all 👏

·
Super Moderator
1,114 Posts
I don’t think he understood about this forum at first.

When I brought it up (as I’m sure you’ve noticed, it’s a bugbear of mine so it was impossible for me not to), he started talking about Bev who looks after the UK Facebook group.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
117 Posts
I don’t think he understood about this forum at first.

When I brought it up (as I’m sure you’ve noticed, it’s a bugbear of mine so it was impossible for me not to), he started talking about Bev who looks after the UK Facebook group.
Well done chap 👏
I wonder whether Bev is big boned ? 😉

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Yes, initially he thought we were talking about the UK Facebook page but in the end he realised we were talking about an enthusiast's discussion forum instead. I've sent him a link to this forum so that he can have a look.

We shouldn't get ideas above our station here - we are just one of dozens of online forums across the world for the Polestar. We happen to me more international than many, which is terrific, but at the end of the day we are about 50-odd people who post regularly and some hundreds that drift in and out. We can't compare to the 1700 members already on the Facebook page for UK owners so shouldn't feel too "entitled" on this one. That said, if he's happy for me to post announcements and so on, as they are doing on the Facebook page, then that would work I think. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Ah 😁 The wonders of humour on the internet! I think the some hundreds are probably about as odd as the regulars ;)

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,562 Posts
Yes, Jonathan has posted pictures on the official Polestar Facebook page and has sent me a message saying how great it was to meet such passionate owners and appreciated our fairness and honesty.
My girlfriend just text to say she’s seen the pic he posted & she wishes my personal package had the stature alluded to in the image.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
We kept to a strict 6 people socially distanced at (nearly) all times ! 😉
Hence why I said 8 Cars not 8 people 😉 (i.e. bad attempt at joke that it's the car breaching the rules!)

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,562 Posts
My brief thoughts on Sunday's meet-up

The café was great. Perfect for such a gathering & I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone passing remotely nearby. A nice, family vibe.

Our cars are quiet! I'm only used to driving one, so hearing them pull in, reverse & leave was a new experience which I enjoyed.

The rear light bar stays on all the time! I just kind of forgot it’s always illuminated. Looks great!

Pleased to finally see a Slate interior. Looked better than in photos. The different coloured stitching on Slate & Charcoal being the main thing which caught my eye. (side note- Jonathan the Polestar man said their photography in general needs work, as everyone is blown away when the see the car for the first time in the flesh. They need to find a way to convey the size & stature a little better in photos)

We didn't get a Moon or Magnesium attendee, but @stevelup 's Snow stood out. But in a row of Snow/Moon/Magnesiums, I'm sure a single darker colour would've been similarly impressive.

Non-PP 20's aren't as different looking from 19's as I expected. Had to concentrate to pick them out.

A fair few people came over to chat about the cars. A bloke who works for JLR was impressed with how the panels lined up. Especially this bit for some reason--

If money was no object, I still feel PP Magnesium Charcoal would be my option.

It was a relief that no one from the forum was too weird. Did we sum up the Polestar 'type'? Probably.

After all the whinges & gripes on this forum (especially mine), when asked by a man with his family (who are test driving a P2 this week), what is your main negative about this car, we all struggled to answer. It's an imperfect yet cool car by an imperfect yet cool company. For that, I'll try to cut them some slack.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts