Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine due in for the recall on Nov 19th.
Received notice from Polestar of the recall via email on Nov 2nd.
I contacted Volvo who know nothing about it and asked me to forward them the email I'd received.
A few days went by as they tried to get a clear answer from Polestar on what needed replacing and when the parts would arrive.
They then booked it in, expecting to receive the parts they need around the end of this week.

Just wondering if anyone has had the new OTA capable software yet and any ideas on kernel or security patch level to expect.

Or if anyone noticed anything else new or different after the recall.

Vin: 46xx, delivered Sep 17th

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
651 Posts
Mine due in for the recall on Nov 19th.
Received notice from Polestar of the recall via email on Nov 2nd.
I contacted Volvo who know nothing about it and asked me to forward them the email I'd received.
A few days went by as they tried to get a clear answer from Polestar on what needed replacing and when the parts would arrive.
They then booked it in, expecting to receive the parts they need around the end of this week.

Just wondering if anyone has had the new OTA capable software yet and any ideas on kernel or security patch level to expect.

Or if anyone noticed anything else new or different after the recall.

Vin: 46xx, delivered Sep 17th
Hi @Nardable
Similar story for me. Email received, waited 5 or 6 days but no call from Volvo so I called them. They confirmed they had my details & booked me in- initially for 18th Nov but then put back to 25th due to a lack of parts in Sweden.
They knew all about the HVCH/Inverters but not about the prep for OTA. She assured me all scheduled work would be carried out and they'd need the car for 2 days. I was offered a choice of XC60, XC90 or S90.
And now we wait.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Same here. I sat back and waited for the dealer to call as I was aware of the parts delay.
I got a call yesterday, FRF Swansea, they have two cars to upgrade but due to the spares issue, mine is booked in for 1st December, a 3 week wait.
It is a 2 day job apparently, so I have reluctantly agreed to a collection and drop off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I also received the recall email on 2-Nov which said I didn't need to do anything as I would be contacted by my local Polestar Service Centre, nothing yet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Regarding the thread title. Yes and No. My car went in last Thursday for a charging issue but they kept hold of it to do the recall work (just the inverters applies to my VIN, not the HVCH). They were hoping to get the parts by Tuesday from Sweden and do the work Wednesday. They informed me today that the parts are delayed and they're not confident of getting them this week , so I'm collecting my car tomorrow and booking it back in a week or so when they've actually got the parts at site

·
Registered
195 Posts
Same here. No contact from Polestar (and still nothing. No emails) but on the day I took my car in to Volvo they said I appeared on their list of people to contact, so Volvo dealer would have contacted me within the next few days anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts