Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had app issues today? I appear to have been signed out of the account on the car but even when signing back in the app does not work. It looks like the Bluetooth connection has been lost but when I try and re-establish this from within the app I get the following message.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes - known issue that P* customer support claims will be fixed within 24 hours (as of my chat with them this morning).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - known issue that P* customer support claims will be fixed within 24 hours (as of my chat with them this morning).
Thanks.
Hope so. It went offline for me yesterday but I’ve only just got around to trying to fix it

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, I, too, made the cardinal sin of trying to fix something before checking that it wasn't something that I could fix on my end ;-). At least my car is all ready for a fresh Digital Key pairing with the app when the back-end servers are fixed.

Reactions: Byron

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks for posting - yes, I had this issue today as well. I'll sit back and wait for it to magically fix itself.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 | Snow | Performance Package
94 Posts
Currently having issues with Phone as key as well. Polestar account disconnected from car but when I check Digital Key, it still shows my phone. However, the phone app says I'm not connected to any car. Tried deleting Profile and uninstalling app, set everything up again and was able to connect. But the phone is stuck loading after I name the car and when I force close the app and restart it, I get failure to see connected devices to car, battery status, and door status. Can't remove phone from car since the app doesnt load devices so I guess I'll wait for this fix. Haven't updated car to current OTA update, im still on previous update

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same problem here . The app on my Iphone tells me that my car is not connected (again.....) I'm getting realy sick of all these software problems with Polestar . When I bought the car I was promised to get more and more features but after 3 months owning the only thing I've got are bugs. People in charge of development should be fired

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same thing has happened to me 2 days ago and Polestar support told me the same thing they told Gadge so I’m just sitting tight and waiting for it all to magically work again! 🙄

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still broken my end.
Currently having issues with Phone as key as well. Polestar account disconnected from car but when I check Digital Key, it still shows my phone. However, the phone app says I'm not connected to any car. Tried deleting Profile and uninstalling app, set everything up again and was able to connect. But the phone is stuck loading after I name the car and when I force close the app and restart it, I get failure to see connected devices to car, battery status, and door status. Can't remove phone from car since the app doesnt load devices so I guess I'll wait for this fix. Haven't updated car to current OTA update, im still on previous update View attachment 6792 View attachment 6793

Yep that’s what I’m seeing and it appears to still be broken. The PS software team seem to be particularly useless.

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
311 Posts
Just checked in with CS on chat, still broken with no update to CS from their tech guys. CS told me it probably wont be fixed until next week.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
199 Posts
Currently having issues with Phone as key as well. Polestar account disconnected from car but when I check Digital Key, it still shows my phone. However, the phone app says I'm not connected to any car. Tried deleting Profile and uninstalling app, set everything up again and was able to connect. But the phone is stuck loading after I name the car and when I force close the app and restart it, I get failure to see connected devices to car, battery status, and door status. Can't remove phone from car since the app doesnt load devices so I guess I'll wait for this fix. Haven't updated car to current OTA update, im still on previous update View attachment 6792 View attachment 6793
I have identical issues, so would like to know whether to contact Polestar to register the fault, or simply wait until it resolves itself ? 🤔

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks like PS can't develop a robust app. - They should simply pay someone else to do this and concentrate of stuff they're good at - I like the car but at this rate I don't think I'll be a returning customer?

·
Registered
2021 2, DM, Midnight, Non-PP, 20",Tow, Barley
58 Posts
CS told me it probably wont be fixed until next week.
Me too and also wasted several hours trying to get it to work before ringing CS. As almost the whole of Sweden takes all of July as holiday every year (and actually get paid extra 'ice cream money' to help with their additional holiday costs), you never know, there may be one or two back at their (virtual?) desks in Gothenburg next week.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Confirmed that the recent App issue (server side) has been corrected and I have been able to successfully pair to my car again with PAK support as well. iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 14.7.1, current Polestar app. FWIW, I did the "Profile Swap" process 2 days ago as part of my troubleshooting before realizing that the issue was server-side, so the car was fresh and ready to be paired again in my case. I logged out of the Polestar app, then logged back in and the "Pair with your car" process worked as expected. Of course, YMMV. ;-)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for this @gadgeTT Mine is working too. I was able to re-connect without re-pairing just needed to log out of the app & back in.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts