Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Dual Motor; Void/Slate; Pilot, Plus, Non-PP
62 Posts
Currently having issues with Phone as key as well. Polestar account disconnected from car but when I check Digital Key, it still shows my phone. However, the phone app says I'm not connected to any car. Tried deleting Profile and uninstalling app, set everything up again and was able to connect. But the phone is stuck loading after I name the car and when I force close the app and restart it, I get failure to see connected devices to car, battery status, and door status. Can't remove phone from car since the app doesnt load devices so I guess I'll wait for this fix. Haven't updated car to current OTA update, im still on previous update View attachment 6792 View attachment 6793
I have the exact same problem and same messages on the phone app an in the car. Good to know it it not just me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine is working now. I didn't have to do anything. It just started working.

·
Registered
2021 Dual Motor; Void/Slate; Pilot, Plus, Non-PP
62 Posts
Logging out and then back in did not work for me. Do I need to re-pair the car through the app first? I am not near the car right now.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I did not have to, but PAK won't work at the moment as the app (wtihin the Manage section of the app) is telling me to Activate but that is greyed out. Battery, climate and doors all there though.

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
311 Posts
Still not working for me.
The car thinks it’s paired but the app does not so I’m in no-mans land in terms of getting it working. When I trie to repair the app searches endlessly.
Delete your profile in the car, sign out and delete the app from your phone. Re-install App, create new profile, sign in and setup both car and phone
Its a bit of a pain, I had to do this last week to get mine back and working.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just to add … I had seen the messages on this board yesterday and therefore did not try re-pairing on etc…. I reloaded the app today and it all worked! Did not have to perform any pairing.

I also received a random google verification code on my phone today via SMS. related ?

So overall experience.. a minor 24hour annoyance. All good again 😀

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Delete your profile in the car, sign out and delete the app from your phone. Re-install App, create new profile, sign in and setup both car and phone
Its a bit of a pain, I had to do this last week to get mine back and working.
Thanks. I’d resigned myself to doing this but won’t bother now until the weekend.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Strange change today - app says to check power when state of charge is expanded (screenshot below). Went to the car and all appears well. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I had the same. Last night after the sun had gone down it told me this too. I use a zappi on eco+ so it’s often plugged in but not charging. I presume it’s a new feature which needs some more work to distinguish between legitimately not charging and an error.

Attachments

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
311 Posts
So, Mine was still working, but, the Polestar account had been removed from the car, again.
Need to try and re-activate the key as that is broken... Again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Currently having issues with Phone as key as well. Polestar account disconnected from car but when I check Digital Key, it still shows my phone. However, the phone app says I'm not connected to any car. Tried deleting Profile and uninstalling app, set everything up again and was able to connect. But the phone is stuck loading after I name the car and when I force close the app and restart it, I get failure to see connected devices to car, battery status, and door status. Can't remove phone from car since the app doesnt load devices so I guess I'll wait for this fix. Haven't updated car to current OTA update, im still on previous update View attachment 6792 View attachment 6793

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. After i name the car when connecting digital key, the phone just keep "spinning" and nothing happens. Have the latest update, both on car and app. Have had polestar
technician to look at it. And I have been on the polestar support for hours. Nobody seems to know what the problem here is, other than it just not working. For some. If it does not work, I bet it is the car. Cuz I have tried on severel phones, same problem. It has been this way since i drove the car from Polestar.

The app is a disaster

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I have the same problem. After i name the car when connecting digital key, the phone just keep "spinning" and nothing happens. Have the latest update, both on car and app. Have had polestar
technician to look at it. And I have been on the polestar support for hours. Nobody seems to know what the problem here is, other than it just not working. For some. If it does not work, I bet it is the car. Cuz I have tried on severel phones, same problem. It has been this way since i drove the car from Polestar.

The app is a disaster
do you have any other random bugs? Like, does your TCAM reset work (hold down front demist button until SOS flashes red then let go and that restarts the internet connections)?

If the TCAM reset doesn’t work, you might have the same issues as me and need the car’s software refreshed in person at a service point. Do this before you completely lose internet connectivity, and if possible I’d suggest avoiding charging to 100% in the meanwhile too.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 | Snow | Performance Package
94 Posts

The app is a disaster
I got my car back earlier this week for scheduled maintenance which also included a software update and have yet to try to reconnect my app. Although, my profile in the car still says my phone is connected as a key and the app doesn't. I will delete my profile in the car and try to reconnect my phone afterwards adding it back to see if that works.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 | Snow | Performance Package
94 Posts

The app is a disaster
Wanted to update you that my app works now. Deleted profile from the car and then reconnected app after setting up a new profile. No issues so far. Phone is a Samsung S20 FE if that helps in any way if Polestar is reading this

Reactions: KonaKen
21 - 40 of 68 Posts