Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

Registered
I have the same problem. After i name the car when connecting digital key, the phone just keep "spinning" and nothing happens. Have the latest update, both on car and app. Have had polestar
technician to look at it. And I have been on the polestar support for hours. Nobody seems to know what the problem here is, other than it just not working. For some. If it does not work, I bet it is the car. Cuz I have tried on severel phones, same problem. It has been this way since i drove the car from Polestar.

The app is a disaster
I think this happens when the car stops broadcasting the Bluetooth signal for digital key. I'm not sure it's a simple fix a user can do, but a workshop should be able to fix it I think.

Registered
App range just changed from KM to Miles! Happy days. 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
When charging the app does not seem to show the current charge, it starts ok but then appears to get stuck. I charged from 47% last night to 70% but the app showed 50% until I stopped charging at which point it updated to 70.

Registered
When charging the app does not seem to show the current charge, it starts ok but then appears to get stuck. I charged from 47% last night to 70% but the app showed 50% until I stopped charging at which point it updated to 70.
Indeed it does not regularly update, and you don't know when it did. I have walked back to the car for no reason. So don't look at the app and have faith.

Reactions: nbvolks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Indeed it does not regularly update, and you don't know when it did. I have walked back to the car for no reason. So don't look at the app and have faith.
Yes but I鈥檇 like to know, that鈥檚 the point of the app isn鈥檛 it?

Registered
Yes but I鈥檇 like to know, that鈥檚 the point of the app isn鈥檛 it?
Of course it is. Many things on the car don't work as intended or promised. It is disappointing. I have taken a relaxed attitude towards this, so I can enjoy the car. But clearly I have been taken for a ride by the Polestar marketing team.

Reactions: S_101 and gdotp

Registered
I have exactly the same problem when I charge at home. The start level is ok but it gets stuck. LTE and wifi connection are both in range on the location where I charge my car so uploading updated data should not be a problem.

Registered
I have the exact same issue! Did you managed to change it? My car's metrics are on Kilometres but the app is in miles after the update ...
i don鈥檛 want to change it! 馃槉 I want miles but it was always showing Km; it then changed to Miles with me doing anything.

Registered
Of course it is. Many things on the car don't work as intended or promised. It is disappointing. I have taken a relaxed attitude towards this, so I can enjoy the car. But clearly I have been taken for a ride by the Polestar marketing team.
Anyone who thinks this app is going to work in any reasonable fashion, any time soon, is living in a dream. A relaxed attitude is the only sane approach.

Folks, it is BETA! Polestar has said so. Stop dreaming. It is going to be doing weird things until Polestar says it is not beta, and even then it's likely to continue to hiccup.

Registered
But the phone is stuck loading after I name the car and when I force close the app and restart it, I get failure to see connected devices to car, battery status, and door status. Can't remove phone from car since the app doesnt load devices so I guess I'll wait for this fix
have the same problem. After i name the car when connecting digital key, the phone just keep "spinning" and nothing happens.
Did you guys get a fix for this? Mine is doing the same.

Registered
2021 Polestar 2 | Snow | Performance Package
Did you guys get a fix for this? Mine is doing the same.
Yeah I uninstalled the app and removed my account from the car. Reinstalled the app and set up the account again and connected it. Works fine now.

Reactions: whiteco3

Registered
Yeah I uninstalled the app and removed my account from the car. Reinstalled the app and set up the account again and connected it. Works fine now.
Thanks, I've tried that but didn't work for me. Also tried a factory reset on the car. Might need to wait if the next software update revives it

Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
My polestar account got removed from the car AGAIN. This one is starting to get old. When can they get to the point where they don鈥檛 silently make you question what is wrong. It鈥檚 really getting flipping annoying

Registered
I'm sorry this is such a problem for so many. Yet I have to say it doesn't bother me at all. I discounted the app a long time ago and will probably never rely on it for anything until threads like this go out of favor. That's to say nothing of PAK which I may never even play with again. Confidence is easily lost but not easily regained.

Registered
They could have implemented this on the remote, and then I'd really have no need for the app.
What do you mean? If you can get close enough for the remote to trigger pre-heating, you might as well get in the car and trigger pre-heating, no?

Remote pre-heating is by far the most useful feature in the app (for me). I can be shopping, or hiking, or getting dressed, while my car is parked over a mile away and yet get into a warm/cool car. And knock-on-recycled-wood, it's been working great so far.

Registered
What do you mean? If you can get close enough for the remote to trigger pre-heating, you might as well get in the car and trigger pre-heating, no?

Remote pre-heating is by far the most useful feature in the app (for me). I can be shopping, or hiking, or getting dressed, while my car is parked over a mile away and yet get into a warm/cool car. And knock-on-recycled-wood, it's been working great so far.
It doesn't take long to preheat. I can be in my house and hit the remote while the car is in the garage. Or at work while I'm walking to my car (maybe 50-100m away) or even through the office window, and hit the remote. The car is very much ready even in just a couple of minutes.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts