Polestar Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
For people who use office/public/out of home chargers regularly, it is VERY important to know when your car is changed. I move my car when it is full and let somebody else take advantage of the charger.

So far with the APP I am unable to do that, as it regularly does not work or update.
The only way to check is to go for a long walk and check the car.
Not bad in the summer, but now that it is getting cold...

State of Charge on the APP should be working by now.

I always hate to compare this to other car brands, but all other EV owners I talk to... their app works!

·
Registered
599 Posts
For me it does not update the SoC, but it does update the time it will finish and the status (charging, ). So I know when it will finish and when it has finished.

Yours does not update anything?

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
My last car used to send me a text when it was done charging :D

Otherwise, I would just make a good estimate, and go out to the car about then.

·
Registered
546 Posts
It doesn't take long to preheat. I can be in my house and hit the remote while the car is in the garage. Or at work while I'm walking to my car (maybe 50-100m away) or even through the office window, and hit the remote. The car is very much ready even in just a couple of minutes.
This is SOOO far away from my reality, so we'll just have to agree to having completely different use-cases.

To elaborate... I live in an apartment, and work in an office without on-site-parking, both of which are a decent distance and a few floors away from where my car is parked. Our cities (and even towns) don't have enough parking, so the car has to be parked in the outskirts, sometimes over a mile away. The outside temperatures here often reach -20 degree C (-4 degree F) and ice can form all over the car. It takes a good 30 minutes sometimes for the ice to thaw and the car to heat up, especially if it's fully loaded. It's definitely better in spring and autumn, but not necessarily in the summers. So, maybe for 3 months a year, I'd be okay with triggering pre-heating just with the keyfob.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
This is SOOO far away from my reality, so we'll just have to agree to having completely different use-cases.

To elaborate... I live in an apartment, and work in an office without on-site-parking, both of which are a decent distance and a few floors away from where my car is parked. Our cities (and even towns) don't have enough parking, so the car has to be parked in the outskirts, sometimes over a mile away. The outside temperatures here often reach -20 degree C (-4 degree F) and ice can form all over the car. It takes a good 30 minutes sometimes for the ice to thaw and the car to heat up, especially if it's fully loaded. It's definitely better in spring and autumn, but not necessarily in the summers. So, maybe for 3 months a year, I'd be okay with triggering pre-heating just with the keyfob.
Makes sense. I've used the key fob method when it's pretty cold out 10-20F, but I guess I'm already dressed for the cold and so even getting into a car that is even a little warmer seems like a real benefit.

Also, doesn't the preheating only work for about 15 minutes before shutting off?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Things just keep getting worse. At first it was just SoC that did not function. Now it is the door function.

I am so sick of the uninstall/re-install/reset/factory reset/change admin cycle!!!

All I am really asking for is basic functions. The small things that make your life so much easier and convenient.

I really think this is a bigger problem that they are not disclosing.

In my opinion it is how the car talks to the network and the extreme instability of this connection.

My guess? Shouldn’t this have been fixed by now?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Things just keep getting worse. At first it was just SoC that did not function. Now it is the door function.

I am so sick of the uninstall/re-install/reset/factory reset/change admin cycle!!!

All I am really asking for is basic functions. The small things that make your life so much easier and convenient.

I really think this is a bigger problem that they are not disclosing.

In my opinion it is how the car talks to the network and the extreme instability of this connection.

My guess? Shouldn’t this have been fixed by now?
I understand the frustration, a good car let down by poor software. However software these days is core to most products one way or another and Polestar seem to have missed this. My app, touch wood has been pretty stable the last few weeks. I think part of the problem is probably launching before the software was ready, partly relying on google who have a pretty poor reputation for releasing pre beta software and probably also a basic instability in the communications stack.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I should have been fixed by now. But truly the SW is the most complex part of the car. In this case the connection process also seems overly and unnecessarily complicated.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts