Polestar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interestingly this article is not the only one I’ve seen that says you have to pay road tax on an EV that costs more than £40k, but the gov.uk page specifically says zero emission vehicles are exempt from it:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Interestingly this article is not the only one I’ve seen that says you have to pay road tax on an EV that costs more than £40k, but the gov.uk page specifically says zero emission vehicles are exempt from it:
Probably because the rules changed recently.

The rules changed again on 6 April 2020. Before this date, electric vehicles costing more than £40,000 were liable for an annual road-tax charge the first five times the tax was renewed. Now, no new electric car pays VED, no matter its original list price.

Electric cars and road tax.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I really appreciate the call for transparency in publicly reporting lifetime emissions, inclusive of all sources. Let's see how much the varied manufacturers, including Polestar, heed that call. Supposedly Polestar will report their own estimates next week.
[as I say sitting under literally orange/red skies near noon...]

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think he should lead by example and be transparent about all issues in Polestar. Right now his armada of lawyers are blocking any type of information concerning OTAs, updates, bugs, fixes, deliveries etc. All their paying customers are in the blind, and he preaches of transparency for emissions... very convincing.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The environmental impact statement is now out.
First a press release summarizing that article:

And the report:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts