Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get my EV since February the 9th 2020. I had a Merc C350e for 3 years and it was due back in June so I made sure I ordered the replacement nice and early to avoid a gap in collection/delivery. Due to some IT issues with my company and the lease company (salary sacrifice) I couldn't order a new car before the old one was returned (???) So June came and went and the audi etron I ordered went from £480 - £700 per month. As Covid was in, I wasn't too worried about the delay in the new car as my wife has a nice A6. So car collected in June and so I order a Tesla M3 LR. Now this is where the fun started, the quote from the lease company is live for 30 days. The ordering system at work was taking upwards of 40 days. So by the time the order was placed, the price changed and the order was cancelled. It then takes 40 days to cancel the order on our system. The upside is that the Polestar was now available and despite a couple of later issues with systems I now have confirmation from both my company and the lease company that my order is in. I have a PS2 Thunder with the lighter cloth interior, 20" alloys and a tow bar. I haven't got a delivery date yet but I don't really mind if Jan /Feb is when it arrives. Despite the complete nightmare I have had, I am chuffed that I ended up with a Polestar rather than the Etron. I like the Etron but my parents live 100 miles away and I can to a round trip without having to recharge.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Welcome! Interesting experience.

I'm not that thrilled with the looks of the e-tron and other things I know about it. 'Seems fine. I'm sure owners love it. But I'm happy waiting for the Polestar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And todays update has put the date back to Jan 18 next year. TBH on surprises to me. Confirmed Thunder Grey, Slate interior and 20" diamond cut wheels

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And has now arrived. Very happy. The car is fabulous, but I can't drive it until the weekend so the poor chap had to do the hand over to both me and the wife. It was all going well until she tried to link her corporate google account (.org) and it all went south from there. The google system has been reset but still very flaky and the wife is reporting lots of "connection failure" responses when she is using the voice activation. I have the weekend to noddle so will update.
It s also worth mentioning that there were none of the reported issues on rear windows, scratches on the finish etc. Thunder grey is very interesting as the change in ambient light really affects the colour the car looks. When it was delivered at 10:00 AM it looked the same as my Typhoon grey A6, when the sun came out the car looked a flatter grey and much lighter than the Audi. It looked great. I have attached a very poor picture but all I had time to do as I had conference calls backing up due to the time the handover took.
image (16).jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts