Polestar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I guess the e-tron GT will be more a Model S, Lucid Air, Taycan competitor. But in an initial video the RS variant looks pretty great!
Misha said something about it being relatively affordable, at least compared to the Taycan.

Something to think about after the P*2 lease is up!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
For prices starting at £100k for the base model and £130k for the RS it had better be extremely impressive.

Also knowing Audi you can probably add another £10-20k of options on them too!

Its basically a re-skinned Taycan, so unless I was Ana Audi fan boy I'd get one of them instead.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, what made my ears perk up is him mentioning that it should be significantly more affordable than the Taycan. Remains to be seen I guess!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
yeah, what made my ears perk up is him mentioning that it should be significantly more affordable than the Taycan. Remains to be seen I guess!
Base models maybe ... but Audi normally chop a lot more options off that you have to spec back so they end up being the same price ... well in the UK at least.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Sounds like that would make for a good discussion at the local establishment.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I’m excited for the GT. Positioning as a halo car makes sense - I believe they’re being produced in the same facility as R8, and probably are intended to fill the same niche, but electric. Once they hit the right mix of price/performance/range, I suspect something in the e-tron family will replace our S3.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carwow/Mat Watson tested it too

He says the regular etron GT will be 100k GBP and the RS version will be 130k GBP, so yeah, Taycan money basically.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Oh God... I'm realizing what a Polestar fan boi I've become. I mean... It looks fast and fun... And it looks pretty cool... But I'm not sure I'd get the Audi even if loads cheaper... It just doesn't look that special to me and far less useful as a daily driver.

'Guess I'm hopeless.

Reactions: charles42

·
Registered
275 Posts
Would love to see a smaller version, similar to the A5. I seems the GT is similar in size to the A7, right?

I was hooked on the first A5 when I saw the first pictured. Had that deja vu when I saw the first pictures of the P*2.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I saw a taycan turbo parked near our house today. First I’d seen in the flesh. Looked great!

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would love to see a smaller version, similar to the A5. I seems the GT is similar in size to the A7, right?

I was hooked on the first A5 when I saw the first pictured. Had that deja vu when I saw the first pictures of the P*2.
With Mat in the backseat, it looked awfully similar to the P*2. I'm wondering if functionally it's not that much bigger on the interior than smaller cars like the Model 3 or P*2.

The Taycan is pretty cramped in the backseat (allowed myself to see and sit in it at the local dealer - didn't test drive as I'd've been done for and mrs. p would have a few words...). I imagine this will be similar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts