Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
I understand why they started with an SUV, and the etron seems nice, but I just don鈥檛 get SUVs.
It's all so stupid. SUVs are seen as safer, and more utilitarian than minivans, along with being "cooler," so they became super popular as family vehicles when gas was cheap. The irony, of course, is that none of that was really true. At least compact and mid-size SUVs are becoming the norm in the segment now, they're a good compromise.

I think I like the Audi styling a little bit better. I like the Taycan's general styling, but the Panamera is one of the ugliest cars on the road (it looks like the designer found out he got fired before he finished the rear and just said "fuck it" and cashed out), and the Taycan has too much of that aesthetic in it to push it past the Audi.

Registered
There's no accounting for taste. And for a lot of people, if it's more expensive it looks better by default.

Registered
2021 2
Discussion Starter #27
It's all so stupid. SUVs are seen as safer, and more utilitarian than minivans, along with being "cooler," so they became super popular as family vehicles when gas was cheap. The irony, of course, is that none of that was really true. At least compact and mid-size SUVs are becoming the norm in the segment now, they're a good compromise.

I think I like the Audi styling a little bit better. I like the Taycan's general styling, but the Panamera is one of the ugliest cars on the road (it looks like the designer found out he got fired before he finished the rear and just said "fuck it" and cashed out), and the Taycan has too much of that aesthetic in it to push it past the Audi.
I agree about the Panamera, but legit like the Taycan and just plain WANT the Taycan Cross Turismo:

I mean damn. hot damn.

Think they'll use that platform to make an etron Avant??

Volvo, c'mon, can't let Porsche scoop you so hard on making a BEV wagon!!

Registered
No doubt. But there is a cost penalty here.
Hmm I disagree.

You can get a Porsche Taycan for 拢80k - ok it lacks little features like seats, steering wheels, motor, batteries, a dashboard, etc ... you know those sort of things; where the E-Tron will start around 拢100k and probably come with some extra's.

Yes I'm fully away once you spec the Taycan to have some features and toys, you are more looking at 拢120k+ ... but knowing Audi I fully expect you can add another 拢20k of options on there with ease.

So I'd say yeah you can speck your Porsche to 拢180k ... but you would be mental to do that, but you can get a damm nice one for 拢120k and I'm sure it will only be lacking a few minor features over the Audi around the same cost.

Registered

Premium Member
$101,000 to start. Audi charges extra for lots of things, right? Like if you want a steering wheel and such... So realistically, $120,000?

Registered
2021 2
Discussion Starter #37
$101,000 to start. Audi charges extra for lots of things, right? Like if you want a steering wheel and such... So realistically, $120,000?
yeah - as much as I'll drool over them I doubt I'd spring for any car that is past or even is pushing the $100k boundary. Most I could see is getting a CPO model coming off lease. So no etron GT or Taycan variants for me for a few years!

Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
Indeed, it鈥檚 a different market segment though, it compares well with the RS6.

If they ever make an S5 priced/sized EV it might tempt me away from the Polestar 2, this is more a Model S competitor.

Registered
Thunder, non PP, towbar

I generally dislike Audis but this is definitely a step in the right direction. At the same time it makes the Polestar 2 look like even better value.

Registered
I've always hated Audis for this reason if nothing else. You just can't compare anything.

yeah - as much as I'll drool over them I doubt I'd spring for any car that is past or even is pushing the $100k boundary. Most I could see is getting a CPO model coming off lease. So no etron GT or Taycan variants for me for a few years!
You never know. Audi puts lots of money on the table after they've jacked the price through the roof with options. And with lease deals you can get into an expensive Audi for close to what you'd pay for a P2 or others. Many moons ago when I was looking at a 911, the numbers were not outrageous. There's a lot of things they can do to get you in the car.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts