Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

for the last months I have been trying to develop a USB media player that will work with a Polestar 2... and I succeeded :cool:.
I am planning on releasing this project as free and open source software soon but I wanted to ask for some help first. I am currently looking for:
  • beta testers (to find issues that I can fix before releasing)
  • native speakers to volunteer to translate the app (right now I only have it in English and German)
If you are interested in this project or want to contribute as beta tester or translate something, you can find more information here:
Audiowagon documentation

Thanks and best regards,
MoleMan

·
Registered
807 Posts
Great project!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,328 Posts
What a great idea! I'm sure you'll have some willing beta testers on here as it's a topic that comes up regularly...

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
What a great idea! I'm sure you'll have some willing beta testers on here as it's a topic that comes up regularly...
Indeed... best not dwell on yet another broken promise from Polestar. This app proves it's entirely possible which makes it even more inexcusable that a year after first deliveries a third party app is needed!

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Thanks guys! I've put a quick post in the main forum area that points to this thread too, in case people don't frequent the Infotainment section...

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
177 Posts
Also happy to test (car should be with me on Wednesday)...

How much of a stretch to allow the app to read music off your Android attached phone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for doing this project.
You should post on other forums if you need help with the project. Volvo put AAOS in 2022 XC60, S90, V90 and V90 CC models.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Polestar have previously stated on their Facebook community that the USB port is not capable of data connection, only charging... So as they have said this I can't possibly see how you could have got this to work.

This sort of bulls*%t from Polestar really undermines their credibility. Why not just say "USB playback has been removed from our roadmap because we don't have the resources to do it" rather than "USB streaming is not possible, we focus on streaming services over 4G"

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
388 Posts
Thank you for the very welcome project!

I don't have a car yet, so can't test, but would be very happy to help translate to Norwegian.

Some suggestions for future roadmap:

Maybe plugins for less popular audio formats? I guess .flac is a given, some of the audio-freaks among us might have some dsd files (dsf/dff) in our collections.
A good place to look for file formats and ideas for plugins might be logitech media server, which is free and open source. I use it at home to handle my collection and access to the streaming services that I use. There's an excellent discussion forum here.

Apologising for pulling the thread off-topic and assuming that Polestar is not going to put any effort into improving the audio experience, one feature that might be really good to have would be access to something like Subsonic. That would allow us to connect to our home collections without copying over to USB.

Anyway, main reason for my post is to thank and offer translation help.

BR.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
Polestar have previously stated on their Facebook community that the USB port is not capable of data connection, only charging... So as they have said this I can't possibly see how you could have got this to work.

This sort of bulls*%t from Polestar really undermines their credibility. Why not just say "USB playback has been removed from our roadmap because we don't have the resources to do it" rather than "USB streaming is not possible, we focus on streaming services over 4G"
You can’t believe a thing they say to be honest.

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
388 Posts
Sign me up, would love to give it a whirl and help translate
I downloaded the labels xml sheet from audiowagon_beta/strings.xml at main · MoleMan1024/audiowagon_beta

Having taken a look, it's not that long, but I realised that as I'm not a native Norwegian, I'm not sure of how some of the audio-specific stuff should be translated.

Still happy to be a part of the translation effort, but it would be great to have some real Norwegians on-board too. May I send you a PM?

I can probably put together a first-draft this evening for any genuine Vikings to QC.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm a native Norwegian, and I can also help translate if necessary. I don't really have a need for this app, but I appreciate the effort, and I recognize that others would want to have it (and in their own language).

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Hi @MoleMan Are you monitoring this thread? Lots of offers of help here...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts