Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

Registered
I will end the beta phase soon, thanks so much to all testers for reporting issues and to all people who helped to translate the app into different languages! 馃憦
The public release of AudioWagon should appear to everyone in the Play Store when the release process is complete.
That is fantastic. Is it feasible/possible to have it ported for use in all Volvo AA cars too? I see on your website the Volvo XC40 Recharge is listed but will this app work on the XC60 (2022) as well?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Hmm, this doesn't seem to work in the US version of the Play Store. I'll mess around with it some more though.
hi, the app is released and is enabled for all countries by now. Not sure but it might take a couple of days before it will appear correctly on all Google servers in all countries? If it doesn't work, please let me know and describe what happens.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
That is fantastic. Is it feasible/possible to have it ported for use in all Volvo AA cars too? I see on your website the Volvo XC40 Recharge is listed but will this app work on the XC60 (2022) as well?
It should work in all cars that support "Android Automotive OS (AAOS)" (Please note that this is very different from "Android Auto"). Right now AAOS is in the Polestar 2, Volvo XC 40 Recharge, and maybe one or two more Volvos I am not aware of. GM and Renault/Peugeot have previously announced they will also use it, it should work in those cars as well in the future.

Registered
It should work in all cars that support "Android Automotive OS (AAOS)" (Please note that this is very different from "Android Auto"). Right now AAOS is in the Polestar 2, Volvo XC 40 Recharge, and maybe one or two more Volvos I am not aware of. GM and Renault/Peugeot have previously announced they will also use it, it should work in those cars as well in the future.
I believe the 2022 (albeit out now) model XC60 uses Android AutomotiveOS. I wonder has anyone tried your app?

Registered
Just pushed it to my car from the Play Store on my desktop - should be there when I drive next :cool: .

Big thanks, @MoleMan! If I find any issues I'll report on your Github if that works best for you.

Reactions: Abraham

Registered
Polestar 2
Just installed in my car too, thanks @MoleMan for your excellent work 馃憤

This is exactly the sort of effort we need to see (and hopefully will see from others too) to add functionality to Android Automotive and improve what's out there so far - hopefully Google will open up more features to be accessible for Devs as well.

Reactions: Abraham

Registered

Registered

Registered
Yeah, I looked for one like that - I have a USB-A "stick" where it is mostly connector and a little nub at the end that actually houses the flash memory. I didn't see any like that in USB-C. Only a matter of time, and didn't cost much. Will work fine for now.

Administrator
Yeah, I looked for one like that - I have a USB-A "stick" where it is mostly connector and a little nub at the end that actually houses the flash memory. I didn't see any like that in USB-C. Only a matter of time, and didn't cost much. Will work fine for now.
Sounds like me ;) Except for I don't think this will happen, as the USB-A sticks use the plug for the electronics. No chance to do this with USB-C.

Reactions: Snood

Registered
Exactly. I will post if I find anything.

Registered
So AudioWagon has been successfully installed in the 2022 XC60 B5 AWD. Further testing being done...
Sorry this was meant for Moleman privately (its not relevant to Polestar Owners so apologies)
Gadget Mobile phone Communication Device Audio equipment Portable communications device

Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
Ah sorry you are right. This is the wrong example. It is micro + USB-A

i meant to show this one which is also not that big
(I downloaded the Audiowagon app yesterday but did not have an USB-C stick yet 馃榿):

Font Gadget Output device Data storage device Technology

61 - 80 of 102 Posts