Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do we know if there is a maximum drive size? I've got an old 512gb m2. ssd in a usb-c caddy. would that work for my entire lossless collection?
Hi,
Re Max drive size, I think the limit is determined by the FAT32 format required for the USB drive.
8Tb is the max partition size (with a max file size of 4Gb).
So your 512Gb drive should be fine to use if 512Gb is enough for your entire lossless collection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wanted to thank the developer of this beautiful app so much.
I have been the owner of a Volvo XC60 T6 plug in Rdesign MY 2022 for 1 week, and unfortunately compared to MY 2021 I had no way to read Mp3 files with a USB stick.
With this application I solved my problem.
I don't understand how Volvo couldn't develop the ability to read Mp3 files with USB.
I ask you, is it possible to see videos with Mp4 files?
Greetings from Italy.
Ciao e grazie

·
Registered
895 Posts
I wanted to thank the developer of this beautiful app so much.
I have been the owner of a Volvo XC60 T6 plug in Rdesign MY 2022 for 1 week, and unfortunately compared to MY 2021 I had no way to read Mp3 files with a USB stick.
With this application I solved my problem.
I don't understand how Volvo couldn't develop the ability to read Mp3 files with USB.
I ask you, is it possible to see videos with Mp4 files?
Greetings from Italy.
Ciao e grazie
It's not that they couldn't, its that they wouldn't.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
36 Posts
Reading this thread and just so excited about the potential for creative folks making useful apps for Android Automotive. Right now this seems a major (currently untapped) advantage over the Tesla infotainment system that seems to be very closed.

I used to code and I'm very tempted to try and put something basic together in the emulator. It seems to me that one of the big drawbacks of the platform currently is that there is no whoopie cushion app... ;)

·
Registered
Polestar 2
258 Posts
I've been playing around with the code and trying to figure out what's doable and what's not - and tbh it seems quite limited so far.

There seems to clearly be a mix of data that Google makes available e.g. battery level which you can access and then information which Polestar is calculating e.g. the current kWh performance which you can't access.

I did notice that two figures, the battery level and range, are accessible from Google so that may explain why the figures in the dash are different than the Polestar range assistant app.

Saying that, I am trying to write a simple app that takes in distance and kWh/100 mi and calculates a variety of other figures e.g mi/kWh, with mixed results so far tbh ... 😂

Reactions: petrosal

·
Registered
591 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does AW save the file index on the thumb drive for next use? I don't plan on leaving my thumb drive plugged in 100% of the time and my drive has about 20GB of FLAC files that took quite a while on first use to index before I could play anything. Since I unplug the drive in between uses, does this long index process have to occur each time I re-insert the drive? If so, perhaps a future improvement would be save the index as a file on the drive and offer the user an option to re-index on-demand rather than doing it on each insertion?

BTW, I completely appreciate all the hard work to get this app written and published! In fact, I would be happy to donate to the author to express my appreciation, if a method to do so is made available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can always ask google to make a fart sound 😏
Yeah. Without wanting to take the thread too far off track (or sound like I've given this too much thought)... you need the positional element also but maybe four/five Dolby encoded surround sound fart noises in a playlist would be a suitable workaround.

However, if someone takes this project on I think it would need to go "above and beyond" what Tesla offer.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does AW save the file index on the thumb drive for next use? I don't plan on leaving my thumb drive plugged in 100% of the time and my drive has about 20GB of FLAC files that took quite a while on first use to index before I could play anything. Since I unplug the drive in between uses, does this long index process have to occur each time I re-insert the drive? If so, perhaps a future improvement would be save the index as a file on the drive and offer the user an option to re-index on-demand rather than doing it on each insertion?

BTW, I completely appreciate all the hard work to get this app written and published! In fact, I would be happy to donate to the author to express my appreciation, if a method to do so is made available.
I think the best thing to do is go to his Github and add a feature enhancement under Issues. I actually added a comment with a user story similar to this on one of the items.

Reactions: Lowrent

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Just out of curiosity, does AW save the file index on the thumb drive for next use? [...] perhaps a future improvement would be save the index as a file on the drive and offer the user an option to re-index on-demand rather than doing it on each insertion?
Hi, please check the frequently asked questions section on this topic. I would have liked to save it on the USB drive itself, but I don't know how to convince the Android Room database library to do so (if anyone knows, let me know).

·
Registered
591 Posts
@MoleMan Thanks! I'm generally an RTFM kinda guy but was not aware of that FAQ. It was very helpful. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Question: do any of you use AudioWagon successfully with a USB SD card reader? I got an error report where I suspect such a device as the culprit; also I have tried a couple of those readers myself now and none of them seem to work with the app...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Question: do any of you use AudioWagon successfully with a USB SD card reader? I got an error report where I suspect such a device as the culprit; also I have tried a couple of those readers myself now and none of them seem to work with the app...
I haven't tried with one yet, but I could take a USB-C to A adapter and then my USB 3.1 SD card adapter and see if that works. Just have to get some time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

for the last months I have been trying to develop a USB media player that will work with a Polestar 2... and I succeeded :cool:.
I am planning on releasing this project as free and open source software soon but I wanted to ask for some help first. I am currently looking for:
  • beta testers (to find issues that I can fix before releasing)
  • native speakers to volunteer to translate the app (right now I only have it in English and German)
If you are interested in this project or want to contribute as beta tester or translate something, you can find more information here:
Audiowagon documentation

Thanks and best regards,
MoleMan
Hi there,

for the last months I have been trying to develop a USB media player that will work with a Polestar 2... and I succeeded :cool:.
I am planning on releasing this project as free and open source software soon but I wanted to ask for some help first. I am currently looking for:
  • beta testers (to find issues that I can fix before releasing)
  • native speakers to volunteer to translate the app (right now I only have it in English and German)
If you are interested in this project or want to contribute as beta tester or translate something, you can find more information here:
Audiowagon documentation

Thanks and best regards,
MoleMan
Works like a charm (just testd it for a minute). Great app! I'm willing to do the translation in Dutch/French.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts