Polestar Forum banner
121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
MY 2022, Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
692 Posts
It really hurts my ears, even when I'm sitting in a different room. That kind of music will be banished from my Polestar as I won't be able to drive if it's playing.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It's weird and I never fully understood it, but shitty input on a good system always sounds worse than shitty input on a shitty system.

This thread got me at a bad moment, because it seems like quite a lot of music aimed at the mass market is tailored to shitty systems right from the mixing stage.

My granddaughter just finished listening to a horrible track that suffers from fake "My power supply is under-dimensioned" syndrome. The bass disappears at every drumbeat. It's like putting the listeners head in a pulsating decompression chamber where all the sound is sucked out at every beat. Drives me insane, but would probably sound perfect directly on a cellphone.
Exactly my point. I had to educate my daughter a little bit with her music as well and mastering if it. She got some shitty sources which then on a neutral system sounded terrible, so when mastering it was compensated for. Sounds great on a supermarket smart tv player via YouTube. But absolutely horrendous on a full club system, let alone our living room proper speakers.

So I showed her the above mentioned sites, got official music, deposited my debit card on the system 🤣, and she did her mixes again. Then on the studio monitors remastered to neutral. And bingo awesome quality music that sound great on great systems; but yes seems to lack bass on that super market TV ;)

But hey she was happy to play her tracks at WATF on stage and it still sounded as intended.

School and music lessons should bring this back on the curriculum.

Anyway long story to say that the Polestar system is a pretty decent balance in my opinion for in car use.

·
Registered
Midnight, Dual, Plus & Pilot, Charcoal, 19", Delivered Jan '22
36 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but does Audiowagon allow you to play one track on repeat?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Maybe I missed it, but does Audiowagon allow you to play one track on repeat?
There is a repeat function (play something, then in the big playback view tap on the three dots on the right, then on the repeat icon). But it will repeat everyting in the current playback queue, so it's more like "repeat all" not "repeat one" (to see the playback queue, tap on the icon in the top right in the big playback view). When you select a track or file, AudioWagon will add all items from the same album or the same directory to this queue. If you can manage to get a single track into this queue you can play only that one on repeat (e.g. by having only one file in a directory by itself or by adding only one track from a certain album to the USB drive).

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a repeat function (play something, then in the big playback view tap on the three dots on the right, then on the repeat icon). But it will repeat everyting in the current playback queue, so it's more like "repeat all" not "repeat one" (to see the playback queue, tap on the icon in the top right in the big playback view). When you select a track or file, AudioWagon will add all items from the same album or the same directory to this queue. If you can manage to get a single track into this queue you can play only that one on repeat (e.g. by having only one file in a directory by itself or by adding only one track from a certain album to the USB drive).
Thank you, Moleman! I had seen the repeat function, so thank you for the explanation!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone found a real low profile usb c stick yet? Or, did I see somewhere else in the forum (or here) that usb c sticks cannot be as tiny as some of the older usb sticks?

·
Registered
Thunder, Slate, PP
24 Posts
Thanks for creating Audiowagon, very impressive and worked first time.

A question: Is there a plan to support ALAC m4a files?

If not, then here's another question: What's the most efficient way to convert a 50Gb ALAC library to FLAC?

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
A warning for those updating AAOS to 11 / Car software 2.0:

⚠ 2022-03-31 ⚠: I have now gotten two reports where people have upgraded to the latest Android Automotive 11 in their cars (Volvo and Polestar update 2.0) and they say AudioWagon no longer works (USB drive not recognized) 😟 I am aware, I have no clue yet what they have done in that software for it to no longer work and I don’t have the upgrade in my own car yet to confirm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A warning for those updating AAOS to 11 / Car software 2.0:

⚠ 2022-03-31 ⚠: I have now gotten two reports where people have upgraded to the latest Android Automotive 11 in their cars (Volvo and Polestar update 2.0) and they say AudioWagon no longer works (USB drive not recognized) 😟 I am aware, I have no clue yet what they have done in that software for it to no longer work and I don’t have the upgrade in my own car yet to confirm.
Thanks for the heads up Moleman. I've been using AudioWagon regularly in the Volvo and hope its possible to make it compatible with the AAOS update. For what its worth, after updating the AAOS in the Volvo I will test AudioWagon and report back.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
On his Github, someone posted a link to a forum (in German) that implied that the data support for that USB port was disabled intentionally in the AAOS update for both Volvo and Polestar (if I interpreted the translation properly). That would suck, but then I imagine they would have to re-enable it for wired CarPlay so maybe it's only temporary. I guess we'll see. Anyone who has 2.0 and also uses AudioWagon can confirm that it no longer works for them?

·
Registered
California
1,511 Posts
On Facebook, Polestar support posted:
The latest update (P2.0) introduces the latest Android Automotive OS to Polestar 2 (Android R). This has temporarily limited the functionality available from the USB-C port in preparation for future functionality. This change is expected to be updated in the next software update (P2.1) and we apologise for the inconvenience in the interim.
Sounds like AudioWagon won’t be able to work with P2.0 and we’ll just have to wait for a new software update for the USB-C ports to transmit data again.

121 - 140 of 178 Posts