Polestar Forum banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered PS2 | Long-range | AWD | Snow | Pilot | Plus
21 Posts
On Facebook, Polestar support posted:

Sounds like AudioWagon won’t be able to work with P2.0 and we’ll just have to wait for a new software update for the USB-C ports to transmit data again.
It is mind boggling why they'd need to remove functionality from version x-1 in version x to PREPARE for functionality in version x +1.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Long Range, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,470 Posts
Known and acknowledged by Polestar - and hopefully to be fixed for P2.1...

Organism Font Technology Terrestrial plant Photo caption

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It is mind boggling why they'd need to remove functionality from version x-1 in version x to PREPARE for functionality in version x +1.
Yup, I'd respect it a lot more if someone said I messed up and we'll fix it in our next update. But really they should do the right think and release 2.0.1 to reenable it...Well unless 2.1.0 is coming in the next 1-3 weeks then it could make sense not wanting to do another release...

I bet that port is needed for Apple Carplay ;) Still no excuse to disable it now...

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
You're assuming this was deliberate. It just goes to show that they need more beta testers... and I don't mean ten staff near head office...

I'm sure many of the problems they create for themselves could be avoided with some quality real world testing.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm near head office and not staff.... Would gladly test some things as a customer.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You're assuming this was deliberate. It just goes to show that they need more beta testers... and I don't mean ten staff near head office...

I'm sure many of the problems they create for themselves could be avoided with some quality real world testing.
I’m not sure how suggesting that I respect them more if someone said they messed up can be seen as assuming it was deliberate 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
Sorry, was a general observation on the thread aimed at more than one person, not meant as a direct reply to your specific comment.

I should have written 'you're all assuming it was deliberate' and that would have conveyed what I meant better.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Long Range, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,470 Posts
My suspicion is that either someone disabled it during testing, and forgot to re-enable it before the release; or that they've had to disable it because in moving to the latest version of Android, they'd not had chance to make sure it was locked down enough to stop hacking, debug access or side-loading of apps. Could be either (or something else!), I guess. Still very annoying!

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
962 Posts
My suspicion is that either someone disabled it during testing, and forgot to re-enable it before the release; or that they've had to disable it because in moving to the latest version of Android, they'd not had chance to make sure it was locked down enough to stop hacking, debug access or side-loading of apps. Could be either (or something else!), I guess. Still very annoying!
I have a theory that its probably related the changes they've made to support CarPlay. I posted this to Reddit less than an hour ago and I can't be bothered retyping it, so I'll just plagiarise myself :p

"CarPlay requires the iPhone be the USB host and the IHU to be the USB device. It is possible that this update, in preparing for CarPlay permanently switched the port to device mode, so when you plug in something like a USB stick it won't enumerate."

·
Registered
499 Posts
Facebook reply from Polestar explains that they have disabled it on purpose in preparation of new functionality with next update (Apple Play maybe ?)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have a theory that its probably related the changes they've made to support CarPlay. I posted this to Reddit less than an hour ago and I can't be bothered retyping it, so I'll just plagiarise myself :p

"CarPlay requires the iPhone be the USB host and the IHU to be the USB device. It is possible that this update, in preparing for CarPlay permanently switched the port to device mode, so when you plug in something like a USB stick it won't enumerate."
Indeed you are not alone in thinking that ;) AudioWagon: USB media player for Android Automotive OS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Miss to listen to my music files hope it will be soon available again. Yes apply car play in edition brings extra value.
Anyhow they will fix it
I could kinda care less about CarPlay....Nothing it really does you can't do with a bluetooth connection.

Audiowagon actually matters to me.

·
Registered
2022 DM Void Plus & Pilot 19 inch tires
110 Posts
I could kinda care less about CarPlay....Nothing it really does you can't do with a bluetooth connection.

Audiowagon actually matters to me.
That is technically not 100% accurate.
Can you listen to Apple music or a book on Audible while navigating and not have the navigation talk over the music or book while on bluetooth? Nope, you can not, but you can when using CarPlay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is technically not 100% accurate.
Can you listen to Apple music or a book on Audible while navigating and not have the navigation talk over the music or book while on bluetooth? Nope, you can not, but you can when using CarPlay.
You can mute voice guidance on navigation quite easily.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For sure, but than what is the point of the nav...? (I prefer to hear the nav and not rely on visuals only)
Maybe I am misunderstanding your original complaint. You said "Can you listen to Apple music or a book on Audible while navigating and not have the navigation talk over the music or book while on bluetooth? Nope, you can not, but you can when using CarPlay."

If you don't want the NAV to talk over the BT audio, just mute the NAV. What am I missing here?

• Sad
Reactions: in2insight
141 - 160 of 178 Posts