Polestar Forum banner
3661 - 3680 of 3725 Posts

·
Registered
MY23 Snow LRDM Pilot Plus
90 Posts
Many, many moons back a university friend took delivery of his new Golf, only to find that no-one had installed all the door rubber seals, or noticed it at the dealer. The door seal guy must have not pitched up for work that day....
I remember back in the day the saying that VN Commodores were built Tues to Thursday and the equivalnet Toyota Lexcen was built on Mondays and Fridays.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I remember back in the day the saying that VN Commodores were built Tues to Thursday and the equivalnet Toyota Lexcen was built on Mondays and Fridays.
Right now I'll even take a drunken Saturday build.

Just saw on FB where someone who ordered a LRDM with just the Pilot Lite pack in Snow got the email about their build starting. They ordered it a month before me though so don't know what that means for my order.

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
170 Posts
Right now I'll even take a drunken Saturday build.

Just saw on FB where someone who ordered a LRDM with just the Pilot Lite pack in Snow got the email about their build starting. They ordered it a month before me though so don't know what that means for my order.
You may have mentioned it previously ... but what's the history? i.e. when did you originally order and then re-order?

Have to say - I'm completely baffled why your vehicle hasn't even entered manufacturing!

·
Registered
682 Posts
You may have mentioned it previously ... but what's the history? i.e. when did you originally order and then re-order?

Have to say - I'm completely baffled why your vehicle hasn't even entered manufacturing!
Don't worry. I am baffled as well. But having seen these emails going around I believe mine should be around the corner as well.

Timeline:
16th Feb - reservation converted to an order with the full Pilot pack
2nd March - 14 day cooling off period done
16th April - confirmed I will not get the full Pilot pack and the car will finish build on the 10th of May
12th May - miscommunication and the car will start build on the 10th of May and finish 26th of May
30th May - receive email from Polestar to cancel the order and reorder MY23
31st May - confirm the order for MY23 model
8th June - order confirmed and cooling off period waived

Nothing after that. Fingers crossed this week or the next I get word that the build is starting.

·
Registered
Ordered: MY22 P2 SRSM Thunder w/Pilot Lite & Plus
31 Posts
Not sure whether this aligns with anyone else's order, but my order page just showed a VIN today.

30 May - reordered a MY23 after being told it would be 'prioritised' and price 'locked' to my original MY22 order
01 Aug - VIN and pro-forma invoice appear in order status

Order2delivery shows estimatedDeliveryDate: "2022-10-25"
Pro-forma shows Planned delivery date 12-10-2022

I didn't change anything. It's still specced as a SRSM Thunder with Pilot Lite + Plus Pack, 19" wheels, Slate leather

·
Registered
MY23 LRSM Midnight with Pilot Lite, Plush and 20.5" Wheels on order, delivering in August
17 Posts
Polestar just put the $500 order payment back into my account but I still don’t have a confirmed delivery date, just notes as August 2022.

wondering if the order refund was triggered by signing the sales contract 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
Ordered: MY22 P2 SRSM Thunder w/Pilot Lite & Plus
31 Posts
Good news today! Vehicle in production. Very excited! :D:D
Yep, same here. So now my timeline looks like:

30 May - reordered a MY23 after being told it would be 'prioritised' and price 'locked' to my original MY22 order
14 Jul - Price protection email for my order received
01 Aug - VIN and pro-forma invoice appear in order status page
02 Aug - Vehicle 'In production' email received

Order2delivery shows estimatedDeliveryDate: "2022-10-25"

But am half expecting my expected delivery to push out to Nov like a few others have....

·
Registered
682 Posts
So much for prioritisation :(

Together with the rising tensions in China (both economic and military) I do have a concern my car will not even see Australian shore :cautious:
I was told that November handover is because of them being prioritised. Otherwise the handover would be next year some time.

EDIT: I can't say anything about the growing tensions but I believe the cars should still make it here. In what condition is a different story.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Stat write-off - will be going to wreckers wont it?
I believe you can buy it for parts but not fix it and register it for road use. If it does have the Pixel lights then,I believe, you could get the chip and mechanism from the car, it looks like just one of the headlights is broken so buy one from PS, and replace that in a car with Pilot Lite. Then you have full Pilot pack but it will be expensive. Also you will need the space to leave the car on your front/backyard and strip for parts.

3661 - 3680 of 3725 Posts