Polestar Forum banner
4161 - 4180 of 4299 Posts

·
Registered
MY23 P2 SRSM Thunder w/Pilot Lite & Plus
70 Posts
Woohoo. Payment showed up. All done and now no stress but eagerness to get the car sooner.
Great to hear! Literally at the finish line :cool:

I can understand the eagerness though. Despite my repeated comments along the lines of not being fussed how long before I get mine, knowing that it's in country and just 'going through the motions' of delivery makes it that much harder to ignore. I spoke with CS yesterday just to clarify a couple of things and they said that my car hasn't even completed PDS yet. So it looks like it definitely won't be until Oct before I see mine.

I bought a Type 2 cable and it was delivered quick, so now it's sitting there and taunting me.... :LOL:

·
Registered
Order: SRSM Mag Pilot Lite Towbar Fluffy Dice
42 Posts
Oh man. Now I am getting worried. I made the full payment on Monday and that is still not showing up on the order page. Strange how a $20 payment showed up in 3 business days and a full car payment has not shown up in 5 business days.
I would normally do this, just to confirm that the payment went to the right account. However, as CS said there was a 10 business day turn around, I just went the whole hog and paid the full amount.
I wouldn't be surprised if they saw your $20 payment and updated your account immediately so you knew that you had sent the money to the right account. But, for the final amount, they are probably taking their time to finalise your finance, because, I am guessing, the handovers are still a few weeks away :(
Their payment instructions say up to 5 business days to process, so it is a bit rude to sit on the payments for longer than this.

·
Registered
(On re-order, handover booked Oct10) 2023 LRDM - Magnesium - Plus & Pilot Lite
32 Posts
Woohoo. Payment showed up. All done and now no stress but eagerness to get the car sooner.
Confirmed, same timeline as yours, Deposit left my bank Monday, in-system Friday. Now to hopefully see my car leave Erskine Park and get down to Melbourne.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I would normally do this, just to confirm that the payment went to the right account. However, as CS said there was a 10 business day turn around, I just went the whole hog and paid the full amount.
I wouldn't be surprised if they saw your $20 payment and updated your account immediately so you knew that you had sent the money to the right account. But, for the final amount, they are probably taking their time to finalise your finance, because, I am guessing, the handovers are still a few weeks away :(
Their payment instructions say up to 5 business days to process, so it is a bit rude to sit on the payments for longer than this.
Not going through finance. Paid for the car in cash and now the handover is good to go on the 22nd. They’re just having to deal with HQ finalising payments in Sweden. That’s where the slowness lies. Otherwise money transfers in Australia happen pretty quick.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Great to hear! Literally at the finish line :cool:

I can understand the eagerness though. Despite my repeated comments along the lines of not being fussed how long before I get mine, knowing that it's in country and just 'going through the motions' of delivery makes it that much harder to ignore. I spoke with CS yesterday just to clarify a couple of things and they said that my car hasn't even completed PDS yet. So it looks like it definitely won't be until Oct before I see mine.

I bought a Type 2 cable and it was delivered quick, so now it's sitting there and taunting me.... :LOL:
Yeah sorry for posting about it almost being done. Feel for all the people here. Here’s hoping you guys get to the finish line soon too. Positive for you is that you get it in October and get to enjoy it the whole time while I will miss the car for a month.

Speaking of type 2 cable, I got mine delivered today. So Tesla we’re pretty quick too. Hate to give Tesla money but they were slightly cheaper.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah sorry for posting about it almost being done. Feel for all the people here. Here’s hoping you guys get to the finish line soon too. Positive for you is that you get it in October and get to enjoy it the whole time while I will miss the car for a month.

Speaking of type 2 cable, I got mine delivered today. So Tesla we’re pretty quick too. Hate to give Tesla money but they were slightly cheaper.
Yeah all good. There's plenty still to be organised so having a bit of extra time helps to get that stuff done (and keeps me distracted).

Well, except for that blue Type 2 cable. Also from Tesla because it was cheaper. Also delivered today. Was yours packed in a box 3 times bigger than needed, Amazon-style?

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
335 Posts
Yup. That box was huge. At first I thought I ordered the wrong thing. Lots of empty space.
The cables are mighty chunky ... since I bought the Type-2-to-Type-1 adapter, I also bough the bag and makes it quite manageable. I'll be popping out to Bunnings at some point this weekend to get some of those Velcro straps that can be used to type the cable together, making it easier to put-in-pull-out of the bag :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Not going through finance. Paid for the car in cash and now the handover is good to go on the 22nd. They’re just having to deal with HQ finalising payments in Sweden. That’s where the slowness lies. Otherwise money transfers in Australia happen pretty quick.
If it was one payment then, since it's the first payment and Polestar use CitiBank, you'll notice a more extended delay than you would normally be used to. I paid cash as well but did it as A$3k and then the balance. Despite making the second payment 3 days after the first, they came in on the same day.

As you know, I fucked up with my payments and so did a 3rd for $0.01 (because I'm an idiot) and that took 24 hours :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
The cables are mighty chunky ... since I bought the Type-2-to-Type-1 adapter, I also bough the bag and makes it quite manageable. I'll be popping out to Bunnings at some point this weekend to get some of those Velcro straps that can be used to type the cable together, making it easier to put-in-pull-out of the bag :)
Yeah I got the bag as well. Makes or much easier to carry it around. Velcro straps is a good idea.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If it was one payment then, since it's the first payment and Polestar use CitiBank, you'll notice a more extended delay than you would normally be used to. I paid cash as well but did it as A$3k and then the balance. Despite making the second payment 3 days after the first, they came in on the same day.

As you know, I fucked up with my payments and so did a 3rd for $0.01 (because I'm an idiot) and that took 24 hours :)
That’s where I am confused. The first $20 payment took only 3 business days. Presuming no one in Sweden is working on the weekend. But the final payment took 5 business days. So the opposite outcome from yours. Either way it looks to be about 5 calendar days. But who knows.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That’s where I am confused. The first $20 payment took only 3 business days. Presuming no one in Sweden is working on the weekend. But the final payment took 5 business days. So the opposite outcome from yours. Either way it looks to be about 5 calendar days. But who knows.
I believe transaction amounts above a certain threshold go through a different process. They may be subject to more scrutiny due to AML/CTF (Anti Money Laundering/Counter Terrorism Financing) rules, and could take longer as a result. Or I could just be totally wrong and it's just completely random. Actually it's probably just up to someone getting around to clicking a button on a form! :LOL:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I believe transaction amounts above a certain threshold go through a different process. They may be subject to more scrutiny due to AML/CTF (Anti Money Laundering/Counter Terrorism Financing) rules, and could take longer as a result. Or I could just be totally wrong and it's just completely random. Actually it's probably just up to someone getting around to clicking a button on a form! :LOL:
Yes, I was just about tho mention that .... the AML/CTF thresholds have changed a lot over the last number of years (thank CBA and Westpac for that) but anything up to A$3k is usually ok, although the compliance system now include checks against transaction patterns etc etc (there's also some "machine learning" in there, but to be honest that's really just the vendors pushing features).

The added complication is that Polestar bank with CitiGroup which had it's ASFL revoked by APRA back in June 2022. The consumer accounts were transferred to NAB's ASFL (there are still branded CitiGroup I think, but could be wrong). Citi AU is down as a "branch of a foreign bank" so I'd expect tighter AML/CTF rules.

In any case, making a small payment ($3k in my case) can sometimes help "clear the path" for future transactions. Not sure why your $20 didn't work, but could be that the jump from $20 to $100k raised it's own flags ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I doubt it has anything to do with actual time to hit their account. More likely it's the time it takes for the bean counters to match the deposit with a contract and update the details.

4161 - 4180 of 4299 Posts