Polestar Forum banner
4181 - 4200 of 4299 Posts

·
Registered
(On re-order, handover booked Oct10) 2023 LRDM - Magnesium - Plus & Pilot Lite
32 Posts
Well for those that may have been on the Paglia, I just got an update saying that the pre-delivery checks have been done and is on it's way down south (still nothing updated on CEVA yet).

In short I guess the cars are going to start moving soon and hopefully ready for pickup not long after.

·
Registered
MY23 Snow SRSM Pilot/Plus
16 Posts
Well for those that may have been on the Paglia, I just got an update saying that the pre-delivery checks have been done and is on it's way down south (still nothing updated on CEVA yet).

In short I guess the cars are going to start moving soon and hopefully ready for pickup not long after.
I got an email just now too:
Just a quick email today to provide an update on your new Polestar 2.

We have some exciting news! Your car has arrived at our processing facility in NSW and is just awaiting some pre-delivery checks and servicing before being transported to our Space in Victoria. We are working through these as quickly as we can to get you in your Polestar 2 as soon as possible!

In terms of next steps, please make sure you have filled out all the information within your order page on our website, and as we move forward, you will be contacted by a member of our handover team to organise a date & time, and to cover off any outstanding requirements.
Considering it actually arrived there more than 3 weeks ago , the email isn't really as exciting as they think it is :)

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
237 Posts
I got an email just now too:

Considering it actually arrived there more than 3 weeks ago , the email isn't really as exciting as they think it is :)
It seems like gravity is helping to move vehicles south to Victoria, but going up to Brisbane is taking more effort (no news here).

·
Registered
MY23 P2 SRSM Thunder w/Pilot Lite & Plus
70 Posts
It seems like gravity is helping to move vehicles south to Victoria, but going up to Brisbane is taking more effort (no news here).
Don't think gravity has much to do with it. I'm in Sydney and haven't heard anything yet. It's possible it might also be influenced by payment progress. I financed with Polestar Finance and I'm guessing they move slower than those of you who have much quicker payment options in place. Who knows.

I'm not around to do handover until end of month anyway so it doesn't really matter to me.

I hope you guys get your cars soon though. Looking forward to seeing the first pics :)

·
Registered
(On re-order, handover booked Oct10) 2023 LRDM - Magnesium - Plus & Pilot Lite
32 Posts
It's possible it might also be influenced by payment progress.
There may be something to this, I put my deposit in ahead of the date after i signed the contract, it's entirely possible that 2 business days after money deposit clearing they're moving it into the next stage in their systems and doesn't reflect actual car movements. Still not seeing anything on CEVA yet.
Site now says status "planned" / "Delivery preparation" again likely just a stage update post payment.

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
237 Posts
It's possible it might also be influenced by payment progress. I financed with Polestar Finance and I'm guessing they move slower than those of you who have much quicker payment options in place.
Payment methods aren't the decider - otherwise they would be clamouring for my cold hard cash !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Still no emails or anything, but just had a look at my order page and the Sales Contract section seems to have updated and no longer shows as completed. Similarly, the Payment section now shows a different (lower) driveaway price but it's neither the MY22 price as shown on the invoice nor the MY23 configured price when I re-ordered.

Confused much :unsure:

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,262 Posts
Similarly, the Payment section now shows a different (lower) driveaway price but it's neither the MY22 price as shown on the invoice nor the MY23 configured price when I re-ordered.
Rules changed between when you ordered and now for the stamp duty rebate in NSW, and also the registration amount has changed.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Similarly, the Payment section now shows a different (lower) driveaway price but it's neither the MY22 price as shown on the invoice nor the MY23 configured price when I re-ordered.
Also depends on the colour you ordered. For my order since Magnesium is the default colour in MY23 cars I didn't have to pay for that even though it was a $1400 option on the MY22 models.

And as @lilstevie mentioned it has to do with the change in rego costs and that the stamp duty rebate is automatically taken off the invoice if your order is eligible for it. Previously you still had to pay the stamp duty and then claim it back. Revenue NSW/Service NSW changed that process now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
[
Rules changed between when you ordered and now for the stamp duty rebate in NSW, and also the registration amount has changed.
Also depends on the colour you ordered. For my order since Magnesium is the default colour in MY23 cars I didn't have to pay for that even though it was a $1400 option on the MY22 models.

And as @lilstevie mentioned it has to do with the change in rego costs and that the stamp duty rebate is automatically taken off the invoice if your order is eligible for it. Previously you still had to pay the stamp duty and then claim it back. Revenue NSW/Service NSW changed that process now.
Thanks guys, yeah makes more sense now.

For what it's worth, I didn't change anything in my re-order. Same spec, colour, packs.

Also, I re-signed the contract anyway, even though the contents don't appear to have changed apart from dates. Theoretically it gives them more time to fulfil the order but also resets the cooling off period that I am eligible for.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ordered the Spigen screen protector from Amazon last week and it was delivered today. It looks alright with the box just slightly dinged (which is a plus for Amazon delivery from the US).

It only shows up on the American Amazon store and not on the Australian store, if anyone else wants to protect the Polestar screen.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Sales Contract section seems to have updated and no longer shows as completed.
This is really odd. I am doing the handover tomorrow and for some reason the Sales Contract section on my order page says not started. Umm, not sure what has happened here.

EDIT: and I still don't have a registration number and it doesn't show up on my Service NSW account either. I think someone has dropped a ball somewhere and forgotten that Service NSW is going to be closed tomorrow.

4181 - 4200 of 4299 Posts