Polestar Forum banner
4461 - 4480 of 4546 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Just an update to this - I still have no date for handover, although Polestar has confirmed that I've actually paid for the car, which is an improvement. Only other thing from them is an email trying to sell me on paint protection. 🤷‍♂️
Paint protection!? Never heard of that. Sounds like something new that they have added.

I actually waited till I got the handover date before transferring the money for the car. Give them a call and see if they can speed up the handover since it has been paid for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paint protection!? Never heard of that. Sounds like something new that they have added.

I actually waited till I got the handover date before transferring the money for the car. Give them a call and see if they can speed up the handover since it has been paid for.
Yeah, I've called and emailed them a bunch - they had indicated 3+ weeks ago that handover was going to happen shortly, which is why I've sent the money already, although it took them 2 1/2 weeks to even acknowledge payment, which could have delayed handover quite a bit. Since then, very little has happened.

The paint protection thing may be TAS only, maybe Polestar contracts with someone?

This was the email:

My name is Neesha, I am the Pre-Delivery Consultant for Polestar Hobart, I work closely with your consultant Sean and my role within the company is to get your vehicle ready, organise and prepare it for the delivery date.

Another part of role also includes offering our customers car care, Interior & Exterior Protections, Window Tinting and Scratch and Dint Memberships.

These products are great for keeping your new investment in the best condition and keeping the value of the vehicle for longer.

All the products are covered under warranty for environmental and accidental which go hand and hand with owning a vehicle.

I have attached options for your vehicle below with pricing.

If you are interested in any of these for your vehicle and would love to discuss your options, please give myself a call on the number below.

Neotek paint Protection:
20-years warranty.
Gives your vehicle an enhanced, prolonged colour, gloss and shine.
Rain Stain resistant
UV and heat resistant.
Stop cracking, peeling and fading of paint.
100% ceramic formular, hand applied panel by panel.
Surface scratches are covered in the 20-year warranty
Price for the Paint Protection: $1,450.00

Neotek Interior Protection:
Once off application.
Highly resistant to UV and heat damage
Protection from common food and drink spills, odors, stains etc.
Owners have peace of mind if they have pets, children or enjoy living an active lifestyle.
Price for Interior protection: $1,350.00

Neotek Pack:
Window tinting – lifetime warranty
Paint protection
Vinyl interior coating
Carpet and fabric coating
Car care gift pack
Paint and interior come with a 20-year warranty
Price for the pack: $3,300.00
Finance price on your weekly repayment: $10.00

Discloser: If you do decide that you like to add our interior and exterior protections to your vehicle after delivery, please note that we will need the vehicle in the same clean condition that it was in when being delivered. If you are unable to do so yourself, we can clean and detail it for you, but you will be charged our $250.00 cleaning fee. We need the vehicle clean to ensure the vehicle protection can be applied properly and work properly to protect the vehicle.

Tinting:
70% glare reduction.
99% UV Protection
Adds a safety and security bond to the glass.
Makes the glass shatter proof, no glass can cave into the vehicle.
Scratch resistant
Heat reduction-reduces the heat by 10 – 8 degrees.
Privacy glass isn’t tint (we put clear UV film on privacy.)
Helps the interior from fading in the car.
Lifetime warranty.
Price for Full Window Tinting: $695.00
Price for 2 Front Window Tinting: $350.00

Schmick:
Schmick scratch & dent assist is Australia’s fastest growing, most cost-effective and convenient solution for repairs, only costing $50.00 for each repair which could cost X5 if going to a bodyworks.
Our national fleet of mobile repair vans can come to you at your home, or at your place of work.
What is covered in our schmick membership has been attached to this email.
We offer 1, 2 -,3-, 4-, and 5-year memberships for your vehicle, within that time of you being a member with schmick you have unlimited repairs you can have fixed on your vehicle.

1-Year Membership: $450.00
2-Year Membership: $550.00
3-Year Membership: $825.00
4-Year Membership: $1,100.00
5-Year Membership: $1,375.00

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah, I've called and emailed them a bunch - they had indicated 3+ weeks ago that handover was going to happen shortly, which is why I've sent the money already, although it took them 2 1/2 weeks to even acknowledge payment, which could have delayed handover quite a bit. Since then, very little has happened.
Can't say anything that will help you here. We all just have to play the Polestar waiting game. I know that the payments delay is that they are sent to Sweden to be approved by HQ and attached to the account which can take time. When arranging the handover date the person mentioned the payment process as being one of the main frustrating points. And it was completely out of their hands.

The paint protection thing may be TAS only, maybe Polestar contracts with someone?
This sounds like a better setup than whatever we have in Sydney. My car was still dirty after the PDS and there were water marks on the inside as well as on the outside. My car was still better than some other people's at handover but it was only after the first wash that the car felt clean. Personally, I still wouldn't go for it and get all that done outside or do it yourself if you have the know-how. You could get some better pricing than the Polestar pricing outside.

·
Registered
On Order : SRSM Space PP Nappa
21 Posts
For those who may have just received the "Your car is on its way" email (as I did last weekend), Paganella docked this morning and looks like it might be the one brining the next batch to Aus. It has an ETA into Port Kembla of 7/12.

The next option is Morning Cherry, due into Shanghai on 11/11 but will get into Port Kembla on 29/11 (Paganella takes the scenic route via Korea, Japan and NZ).

Cheers

·
Registered
On Order : SRSM Space PP Nappa
21 Posts
It was this one:

" Your Polestar 2 has rolled off the production line and is about to begin its journey to Australia. We’ll keep you updated along the way!"

Is there a seperate "set sail" email or is this it?

·
Registered
914 Posts
It could still be on the Don Juan if your order is like mine where I got the set sail email on the 28th of August and then it showed up in Port Kembla on the 29th of August. In case anyone is wondering this is what the email looks like:
Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Font

·
Registered
Ordered: LRSM Space Pilot/Plus
26 Posts
received build notification and VIN today :D.

question, the planned delivery date (13th Jan) on the proforma invoice is that when its due to arrive in australia? On my account in the app it still down as Feb for delivery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd say Feb would be optimistic, March realistically, or later, based on my experience. For me, proforma invoice delivery date was Aug 23, my estimated delivery in app was October, and I have yet to receive the handover call to schedule that, so I'll likely have the car sometime in December? Maybe? Hopefully?

·
Registered
Ordered: LRSM Space Pilot/Plus
26 Posts
I'd say Feb would be optimistic, March realistically, or later, based on my experience. For me, proforma invoice delivery date was Aug 23, my estimated delivery in app was October, and I have yet to receive the handover call to schedule that, so I'll likely have the car sometime in December? Maybe? Hopefully?
Oh wow that would be disappointing. My ICE rego is due in Dec and was hoping a 3mth renewal would be enough, but may have to rethink that. Hope you get the call soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

It was my turn today! Huge shoutout to Polestar Melbourne for the great experience, even though I was a pest in the week leading up to the handover…not disappointed at all. Racked up 150 odd km in the first day just zooming around town.
This car is literally just awesome, I can’t describe it in a better way. Get a lot of looks in this thing.

·
Registered
MY23 LRDM, Space, Pilot lite, 350kw.
34 Posts
It was my turn today! Huge shoutout to Polestar Melbourne for the great experience, even though I was a pest in the week leading up to the handover…not disappointed at all. Racked up 150 odd km in the first day just zooming around town.
This car is literally just awesome, I can’t describe it in a better way. Get a lot of looks in this thing.
Love the look of Space, are you getting it wrapped or coated at all? I spent 500km and 6hrs in the car on day one and couldn't get enough!! 150km, I reckon you might need to see how the ultra chargers work up near Euroa and do a loop back through Yea, and get some more quality time in the car.. 😉

·
Registered
30 Posts
Love the look of Space, are you getting it wrapped or coated at all? I spent 500km and 6hrs in the car on day one and couldn't get enough!! 150km, I reckon you might need to see how the ultra chargers work up near Euroa and do a loop back through Yea, and get some more quality time in the car.. 😉
I’m planning to do the ceramic coating myself, bought CPro Quartz but I need to find a good day to wash the car thoroughly and actually get it coated but apparently a sunny day is a royalty in Melbourne right now.

The Space is very nice colour. The angles look sleek no matter what direction you look at it from.

Definitely sounds like I need to do some Professional Development around chargers ;) I am planning to hit the road to Adelaide for a few days in a couple of weeks so that should give me some experience with public charging too.

·
Registered
MY23 I LRDM I Thunder I Performance I Plus I Pilot I Charcoal I Australia
84 Posts
View attachment 19376
Looks amazing in Space. Congrats and completely agree on the driving experience. Second to none. I visited the Polestar Space in Stockholm today. It was kinda cool. The Swedes are clearly in love with the P2 but there are surprisingly few on the roads at the moment. Going to see them in Gotëburg on Wednesday 😊
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

4461 - 4480 of 4546 Posts