Polestar Forum banner
4481 - 4500 of 4547 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Get a lot of looks in this thing.
I really must live in an area where they don't care about cars at all. Never get any looks when driving the car around town. I get more people curious looking at chargers when I am charging around town. 2 weeks ago when I was charging at a DC station about 5 people walked straight past my car and checked out the charger and what that thing was. Didn't bother talking to me or asking me a question about the car or the charger.

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,419 Posts
I really must live in an area where they don't care about cars at all. Never get any looks when driving the car around town. I get more people curious looking at chargers when I am charging around town. 2 weeks ago when I was charging at a DC station about 5 people walked straight past my car and checked out the charger and what that thing was. Didn't bother talking to me or asking me a question about the car or the charger.
Maybe it’s a Melbourne thing, cause my car gets a lot of attention

·
Registered
MY23 SRSM Magnesium Plus/Pilot Lite
23 Posts
Handover cancelled by phone 40 minutes before appointment time today... apparently the car hadn't arrived as they expected on Friday/(Saturday?) - I kinda gathered that as it wasn't on CEVA but hoped that CEVA was wrong and didn't want to pester.

But it would have been nice to get a call on Saturday or even first thing this morning.

Sigh.

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,419 Posts
Handover cancelled by phone 40 minutes before appointment time today... apparently the car hadn't arrived as they expected on Friday/(Saturday?) - I kinda gathered that as it wasn't on CEVA but hoped that CEVA was wrong and didn't want to pester.

But it would have been nice to get a call on Saturday or even first thing this morning.

Sigh.
:( Mine wasn't transferred to the showgrounds for my handover appointment either, but they took it over separately for mine and it arrived like an hour before my appointment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe it’s a Melbourne thing, cause my car gets a lot of attention
It very well must be a Northern Suburbs of Melbourne thing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just an update to this - I still have no date for handover, although Polestar has confirmed that I've actually paid for the car, which is an improvement. Only other thing from them is an email trying to sell me on paint protection. 🤷‍♂️
I'm struggling a bit with my Polestar 2 delivery here in TAS and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
I:
  • Registered in January
  • Ordered in February
  • Re-ordered in May for MY23
  • Received the "We're building your car" email on Aug 3
  • Received the "Set sail" email on Aug 24
  • Finalised the sales contract on Aug 24
  • Got confirmation from Polestar customer support at the end of Sept that the car was in TAS.
I have yet to receive an updated invoice with price protection factored in, but I did get confirmation from Polestar on what the final amount should actually be and sent that full amount to them two weeks ago, but since then I haven't seen any payment show up on the website, and the email I received today is that:

"I have an update, which is the handover team in Tasmania is having a staff shortage due to illness at this time. The team are also doing handovers for multiple companies.

As of this time I am unable to confirm when your handover will be."

It just seems really strange to me that "handover" could take 5-6 weeks or more? I'm nervous that something either happened to the car, or it never really made it to TAS in the first place and they are just stalling. This lack of communication really makes me concerned about how well they are going to be able to support the car in the future - Tasmania isn't exactly a "prime market"...
Update on this - got the call for handover on Wednesday and picked the car up yesterday. Only minor hiccup is that it will have to go back into the Hobart Volvo dealership to get the tow bar added on, whenever that comes in. I was assured that it should only be a week or two.

The car seems great - no complaints there, I just wish the communication from Polestar had been way, way better during the entire process.

·
Registered
MY23 P2 SRSM Thunder w/Pilot Lite & Plus
95 Posts
And that got snapped up pretty quickly. Don't see any more MY22 models in the Pre configured list any more.
I expected my mate's cancelled preorder (FS: Brand New AT COST - MY23 Polestar 2 SRSM...) to show up eventually, but maybe they are moving older inventory first or it's been allocated elsewhere already. Regardless, with the high demand for EVs it's no surprise how quickly they are snapped up. Also seeing more Polestars now

·
Registered
Ordered: LRSM Space Pilot/Plus
26 Posts
Update on this - got the call for handover on Wednesday and picked the car up yesterday. Only minor hiccup is that it will have to go back into the Hobart Volvo dealership to get the tow bar added on, whenever that comes in. I was assured that it should only be a week or two.

The car seems great - no complaints there, I just wish the communication from Polestar had been way, way better during the entire process.
glad to hear you finally got it (y)

·
Registered
MY23 SRSM Magnesium Pilot/Plus with Nappa
13 Posts
Been scoping out the scene here for a little bit. I was wondering if anyone had a rough idea on how long it takes from receiving the "Your Polestar is on its way" email to getting the contract to finalise the order? I received the previous email about two and a bit weeks ago if that is any help. Whilst I am happy to wait, I'm just too keen to get into the car 😅.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Been scoping out the scene here for a little bit. I was wondering if anyone had a rough idea on how long it takes from receiving the "Your Polestar is on its way" email to getting the contract to finalise the order? I received the previous email about two and a bit weeks ago if that is any help. Whilst I am happy to wait, I'm just too keen to get into the car 😅.
we must be in a similar batch as i received that email about a week and half ago, was hoping i would get a follow up email by the end of this week.

·
Registered
MY23, LRDM, Magnesium, Pilot/Plus
2 Posts
Thought I'd also say hello, have been reading the forums for a while. Received the "we're starting to build your car" on the 17th Nov and "Your Polestar is on its way" on the 19th November. No updates since. Delivery still says "February", hopefully it will be a little earlier 🤞

·
Registered
MY23 SRSM Magnesium Pilot/Plus with Nappa
13 Posts
Thought I'd also say hello, have been reading the forums for a while. Received the "we're starting to build your car" on the 17th Nov and "Your Polestar is on its way" on the 19th November. No updates since. Delivery still says "February", hopefully it will be a little earlier 🤞
Whilst I still hold out hope for receiving an email tomorrow, I'm starting to reside in the reality that it may be more so December as to when we find out more. Would make my week if I did receive that email 😂

·
Registered
26 Posts
got the Your Polestar is on its way" on the 11th Nov, was hoping to sign the contract this week but doesnt look it unfortuately.

·
Registered
On Order : SRSM Space PP Nappa
21 Posts
Received the same email on the 6th November, nothing since.

Morning Cherry and Morning Crystal both arrive in Port Kembla this week, and based on previous advice the "set sail" email arrives the day before the ship does, so there may be some communication this week. Don Juan has been and gone, so it wasn't that one and Paganella is due 10/12.

4481 - 4500 of 4547 Posts