Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't think this is meant to be live yet, but this URL works!

It's a bit different to the UK version of that page, so I suspect this is what they will offer here. Not much detail.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
706 Posts
Really can't decide about the plus pack, I hate the panoramic roofs, but would like the HK sound system and the seats.
I've got a similar roof on my Mini and its just too hot and bright even with extra tint and IR coating, I never draw the shade back on it!
Going by our friends located in the hotter parts of the US (@Mick), the panoramic roof doesn't seem to add extra heat to the car.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yep, on mine in full sun on 100F ( ~38C) even for an extended time I couldn't feel any radiant heat and the climate system had no problem keeping the interior nice and cool. I was a bit worried as Memphis gets pretty hot and humid, but there were no problems for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I have some new information. I got a follow-up call regarding our test drive, and I asked again about when we'd get the chance to convert our reservations to orders. Apparently they now know that the order books will open "between the middle and end of February" with reservation holders getting access a week earlier.

Pre-configured stock will be available in about 4 weeks, and custom built orders will be about 12 weeks.

I'm unsure if this meant from today's date or once the order books open, but I'm assuming once the order books open.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Howdy all, adding to the data sets hahah my number is 111031xx and I was early Dec 2 😎👍🏻
I went for the LRDM in Magnesium, with slate weavetech, aaaaaand pilot, plus and Performance… just not the Nappa..

Drove them in Sydney and initially wanted Nappa but I ride, run,swim (triathlon and half marathons and trail stuff) have dog etc etc, so I genuinely think the Nappa will just end up creased and marked up the wazoo in that light color.. it was amazing leather, soft and even comfier than the weavetech but I have had light leather before and it was needing a clean 100% of the time for me..
I am one of the people surprised by how much I thought weavetech was great for me. If it had black leather ….. perhaps.
I also thought I’d be a Midnight guy but the one we drove in Syd was a Magnesium DM PPP with slate and it was blueish, a bit different to the dark blue Midnight and… works.. for me anyway.
so yeah I’m going for an almost fully loaded DM.. I’m not going for tow pack as I just won’t use it enough. For bikes I can fit one in the P* and my other half has an E-Tron 55 and it fits a ridiculous volume of crap in the back so 🤷🏼‍♂️ When more bikes needed, it’s the other car.
I definitely recommend driving before you order, the interior is perfect for me/us.. this is the first car I’ve ever test driven that has met and even exceeded my expectations prior. It’s not an E-Tron for comfort, or space, etc, but it feels smaller, lighter, perkier and more sport than luxo to me..
I’m coming from an F20 M135i into this and it feels faster, just as comfy, not too much bigger. It’s all personal perception tho.
If anyone is curious about finance, I’m going through Macquarie Bank. They are chasing EVs as a market, and they have 2.99% which isn’t too bad.. 🤷🏼‍♂️
there’s my 5c worth anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey there P2DownUnder, those are pretty much my exact sentiments as well. We have an RS4 Avant for cartage duties, so a small primary is perfect for us.

Also looking at the same spec as you except we fell in love with the Void colour when we drove it on the test drive. Also got the same offer from Macquarie, which was quite a bit lower than what brokers are offering. We're still going to see what the Polestar finance options are like with their guaranteed buy back pricing. It might make lease options tempting,

·
Registered
SMSR Reserved
40 Posts
So I have some new information. I got a follow-up call regarding our test drive, and I asked again about when we'd get the chance to convert our reservations to orders. Apparently they now know that the order books will open "between the middle and end of February" with reservation holders getting access a week earlier.

Pre-configured stock will be available in about 4 weeks, and custom built orders will be about 12 weeks.

I'm unsure if this meant from today's date or once the order books open, but I'm assuming once the order books open.
That's good to know. I wonder how many they will bring here this year? Clearly there is the demand. If all the stars align, some of us will be driving a P2 by the end of March. 🤞

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone else got any reservation dates and numbers they are prepared to share?
Please round down your reservation to the nearest 100 though, no need to post full numbers here for privacy sake.

From the seven listed so far it looks too much like a straight line - we need more data!! I would have expected more curves as test drives and marketing campaigns occur.

It's entirely possible the reservation system is padding the numbers up each day so that each day starts from a new 500 or something similar 🤷

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
SMSR Reserved
40 Posts
Has anyone else got any reservation dates and numbers they are prepared to share?
Please round down your reservation to the nearest 100 though, no need to post full numbers here for privacy sake.

From the seven listed so far it looks too much like a straight line - we need more data!! I would have expected more curves as test drives and marketing campaigns occur.

It's entirely possible the reservation system is padding the numbers up each day so that each day starts from a new 500 or something similar 🤷

View attachment 10800
That does just look a little too perfect doesn't it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
That does just look a little too perfect doesn't it?
It definitely seems implausible that they'd have that many reservations given they delivered 29k cars last year globally. It also makes sense to seed the reservation numbers along a set linear increase to make it more difficult to estimate reservation numbers. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, my first post, and I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

My reservation 30th November 111022xx.

In BNE my test drive is 14th February ( I hope I fall in love)

Napa for me as I dislike black interiors, for me, makes the interior look smaller, and feel hot in the tropics.

My real concern is in the update emails. First it declares 12 weeks, and I have no faith in that. But the potential deal breaker is the statement that full payment is required before manufacturing commences. That's a lot of money to entrust to a Chinese company with no real assets in Australia. No offices , no franchisee... nothing to take to court if it ever came to that.

Any advice?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
706 Posts
Hi all, my first post, and I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

My reservation 30th November 111022xx.

In BNE my test drive is 14th February ( I hope I fall in love)

Napa for me as I dislike black interiors, for me, makes the interior look smaller, and feel hot in the tropics.

My real concern is in the update emails. First it declares 12 weeks, and I have no faith in that. But the potential deal breaker is the statement that full payment is required before manufacturing commences. That's a lot of money to entrust to a Chinese company with no real assets in Australia. No offices , no franchisee... nothing to take to court if it ever came to that.

Any advice?
It's not a Chinese company, really. In the end it's owned by Geely, but the Polestar head offices are in Sweden.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Gary, good pickup, I hadn't noticed the timing in the Reservation Journey email. I just reached out to Polestar support on their website (the guys are seriously responsive to questions and have provided great service to me so far) and the operator confirmed that payment wouldn't be required until a week before delivery:

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Screenshot

They also requested a copy of the email so they can check on the wording as I suggested it suggests payment is required before production.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Gary, good pickup, I hadn't noticed the timing in the Reservation Journey email. I just reached out to Polestar support on their website (the guys are seriously responsive to questions and have provided great service to me so far) and the operator confirmed that payment wouldn't be required until a week before delivery:

View attachment 10826

They also requested a copy of the email so they can check on the wording as I suggested it suggests payment is required before production.
I agree the wording was ambiguous but definitely said they wanted full payment before production would begin, which is very different to a week before delivery!!

·
Registered
SMSR Reserved
40 Posts
I agree the wording was ambiguous but definitely said they wanted full payment before production would begin, which is very different to a week before delivery!!
I read that too but everywhere else says 1 week out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - first post,

I've ordered late - 02/01/22 and my number os 111126XX. I'm hoping they are padding the numbers and I'm not reservation ~12,000- I'm sure it will be a few years until Australian can get that many!

I've got a midnight with plus and pilot, single motor but will probably grab whatever preconfigured I can get my hands on (if offered). I've test driven both single and dual and the performance is great on the dual so would be happy with that too.

Hopefully only a few weeks now until we get a clearer picture of the ordering process

41 - 60 of 110 Posts