Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just creating a separate thread so that those lucky of us who have received our Polestar's can discuss our post delivery experience and any issues. Hopefully this will limit the non-delivery information gumming up the other thread.

Just to add on to my saga, last night I went to set up my daughter with her own profile in the car, and the LTE connection dropped out. It also looks like GPS bombed and I can no longer see any wifi networks, including my own phone hotspot sitting right next to it.

Reboot of IHU doesn't work.
TCAM reset trick doesn't work for me. Have tried it straight after an IHU reset, tried holding for 15, 20, 30, 60 seconds. The SOS light just never goes out or turns red, and if you hold the button long enough, it just turns on the demister.

So I'm at a loss.

I also have weird stuff happening like the camera option being greyed out and unselectable and the charge limit showing 90%, but amperage being greyed out, and the binnacle showing done at 90% (where it was set before the outage) but showing the limit as 100%. Man, my car is just possessed. I can't help but think it's related to the initial IHU being dead. Will have to reach out to tech support again today.

Gadget Audio equipment Vehicle Communication Device Font
Gadget Measuring instrument Font Electronic device Communication Device

·
Registered
211 Posts
They really have us by the short & curlys because if we invoke the satisfaction guarantee we can give the car back but then you cannot get another car any time soon or get a refund on another car if you have more issues.
I had a customer service call where they assured me TCAM issues would get better post-P2.0. I expressed my concern that I wouldn't get P2.0 before hitting the 500km/7Day mark. I was told that if I had a warranty issue they couldn't resolve after that threshold had passed they would still honour a refund. Something worth knowing.

All that said I think your issues are related to potentially some issues with a sensor or some wiring not being done correctly.

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Barley
103 Posts
Hi guys, just creating a separate thread so that those lucky of us who have received our Polestar's can discuss our post delivery experience and any issues. Hopefully this will limit the non-delivery information gumming up the other thread.

Reboot of IHU doesn't work.
TCAM reset trick doesn't work for me. Have tried it straight after an IHU reset, tried holding for 15, 20, 30, 60 seconds. The SOS light just never goes out or turns red, and if you hold the button long enough, it just turns on the demister.
Thanks for the new thread start and good luck on the fix. Looks like their Mr Wolf (Pulp Fiction reference) from tech support should not have flown back to Sydney. I would hope there would be more than one Mr Wolf in Australia, otherwise both his life and ours are likely going to suck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I hope this has a happy ending, but I'm feeling really nervous based on the weirdness of these issues.
Hi, apparently my vehicle is due mid April. I had specifically asked twice if I can save the delivery fee if I pick the car up myself but was told it was essential that they deliver it. Now I have to pick it up but no decrease or waiver on the delivery fee. Anyone else asked about this.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hey guys, FYI a factory reset all resets the tcam. The amperage limit is probably due to the TCAM issue other than it normally comes back on. I know it’s not always feasible and a pain, to do the factory resets but it’s easier than disconnecting the tcam battery or and 12v.

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
731 Posts
I had specifically asked twice if I can save the delivery fee if I pick the car up myself but was told it was essential that they deliver it. Now I have to pick it up but no decrease or waiver on the delivery fee. Anyone else asked about this.
I'm going to guess you've never purchased a new car before as it appears that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what dealer delivery is. Dealer Delivery can often be noted as a bit of a rip-off, and it is to a certain extent, but the short version is it covers the costs of getting the car ready for sale after it arrives in the country. Everyone charges DD, Polestar's is the same as Tesla's, and fairly in line with what other brands "recommend" (however many dealers inflate the DD, something we don't get in this case as Polestar themselves are the dealer).

·
Registered
211 Posts
The detailer (Bon Vivant) is coming to the party, refitting the ppf to the A-pillars and bumper, doing the PPF to the front of the roof and doing the tint.
I had the work inspected by another detailer and he said the quality of the work was good, just the gaps in the PPF due to the incorrect stencil and the overhang on the A-pillars was unfortunate. I think it's a bit of a teething issue for my particular detailer and the Polestar 2 as he hadn't seen one before and couldn't access the up to date stencil at the time.

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
731 Posts
The detailer (Bon Vivant) is coming to the party, refitting the ppf to the A-pillars and bumper, doing the PPF to the front of the roof and doing the tint.
I had the work inspected by another detailer and he said the quality of the work was good, just the gaps in the PPF due to the incorrect stencil and the overhang on the A-pillars was unfortunate. I think it's a bit of a teething issue for my particular detailer and the Polestar 2 as he hadn't seen one before and couldn't access the up to date stencil at the time.
You will have to let us know how it goes. Still unlikely to consider them based on your experience, but interested to see how well they do, and at least it seems like he's willing to make it right.

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to see it's working out well @Thrice, hopefully they follow through and your anxiety levels can start decreasing :) Good to know someone else has verified the rest of the work is up to snuff.

Polestar have said we can keep the loan car until they get ours sorted. There is a part on order that should be here in a few days to resolve our connectivity issue.

So far the loaner is working perfectly fine on P2.0 version and upgrade went perfectly smoothly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm going to guess you've never purchased a new car before as it appears that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what dealer delivery is. Dealer Delivery can often be noted as a bit of a rip-off, and it is to a certain extent, but the short version is it covers the costs of getting the car ready for sale after it arrives in the country. Everyone charges DD, Polestar's is the same as Tesla's, and fairly in line with what other brands "recommend" (however many dealers inflate the DD, something we don't get in this case as Polestar themselves are the dealer).
Hi, yes first new car and thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've ordered a FitcamX front + rear. Has anyone attempted rear camera install (taking the cable from the front camera to the rear)?
My main concern with this was getting the wire past the curtain airbags, so was looking at getting just the front. Would be good to see someone give it a go 🙂

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've ordered a FitcamX front + rear. Has anyone attempted rear camera install (taking the cable from the front camera to the rear)?
The FitcamX website mentions that results from the rear webcam may be disappointing due to the angle and size of the rear windscreen. Let us know your results as I would like to have a rear webcam also.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had front & rear dashcams in my previous car, and whilst it is reassuring you tend to capture almost everything you need evidence for using the front camera. You just need to make sure to back into parking spots and avoid parallel parking if you're worried about idiots hitting your parked car. Really Polestar should give the functionality Tesla does even if their cameras are crap.

1 - 20 of 554 Posts