Polestar Forum banner

Australian Polestar Owners

181K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  sarcastyx 
I had specifically asked twice if I can save the delivery fee if I pick the car up myself but was told it was essential that they deliver it. Now I have to pick it up but no decrease or waiver on the delivery fee. Anyone else asked about this.
I'm going to guess you've never purchased a new car before as it appears that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what dealer delivery is. Dealer Delivery can often be noted as a bit of a rip-off, and it is to a certain extent, but the short version is it covers the costs of getting the car ready for sale after it arrives in the country. Everyone charges DD, Polestar's is the same as Tesla's, and fairly in line with what other brands "recommend" (however many dealers inflate the DD, something we don't get in this case as Polestar themselves are the dealer).

The detailer (Bon Vivant) is coming to the party, refitting the ppf to the A-pillars and bumper, doing the PPF to the front of the roof and doing the tint.
I had the work inspected by another detailer and he said the quality of the work was good, just the gaps in the PPF due to the incorrect stencil and the overhang on the A-pillars was unfortunate. I think it's a bit of a teething issue for my particular detailer and the Polestar 2 as he hadn't seen one before and couldn't access the up to date stencil at the time.
You will have to let us know how it goes. Still unlikely to consider them based on your experience, but interested to see how well they do, and at least it seems like he's willing to make it right.

Anyone bought a type 2 cable through evse.com.au?

Less than $250 for a public type 2 cable compared to $1200 through Polestar.
I did, but I’m waiting on the car to arrive so I can use it

Elon wouldn't have it
A lot of this stuff happened in the first wave of Model S' released here, the Tesla model of "Tweet at Elon when you have a problem and magically they start trying to fix it" is not ideal either tbh.

What? Surely they won't take the loan car off you without a fixed car to replace it with?
IMO this is a big problem, clearly they weren't expecting a major failure in the first batch of cars, which was statistically improbable. From the 180 in the first batch of preconfigs, statistically speaking at least 1 or 2 will. It really feels like they had a plan to leverage their Volvo relationships, and just assumed it would be fine, only to have a majority (or possibly even a minority, but enough to derail any deal) of Volvo franchisee's be like "Nope, not happening bro", and as a result it was a scramble to cobble something together through third parties, which has ended with a less than ideal solution.

I'm selfishly hoping the Perth arrangement (with the company that houses the Volvo dealer) translates more into a dealer-direct type experience.
Honestly having that point of call will probably help.

So so terrifying, my wife's gonna kill me if our car (that costs more than 2x any we've ever owned) results in this kind of experience. All the EV sceptics are gonna be like: yep, I'm buying a Nissan with a 10 year warranty thanks.
At least on a positive note, when you look around here, other than an initial bunch of inverters on launch models, these drive unit issues are relatively uncommon. Unfortunately electronics do have random failures, and they are unpredictable, so a small number of units will have faults, the issues here purely are around the service provided, hopefully over the next few months they'll sort something out a little better than "we're using the pre-delivery contractor to handle servicing"

Whenever something went wrong with our BMW they'd give us a loaner for however long it took to fix,
That's highly dealer dependent. When I was having issues with my previous BMW I had the loaner for the day, but it was going to take potentially weeks for them to see a fault with my car, so the option was take my car back when dropping the loaner off, or not have my car or a loaner.

Further to the above by @jjabra, I was told in a call that if I had an issue which could not be resolved promptly I could refund the car. That is regardless of the age/km as long as it was during the warranty period. I can tell you the date and time of the call if it's something you want to pursue @thaddeusross
Yep, I would be preparing for that outcome myself. It certainly leaves a sour taste in the mouth having an experience like this, and I wouldn't blame @thaddeusross if they decided they don't want a Polestar after this experience.

When you look at Google maps for the address given, it shows an empty lot which doesn't inspire confidence.
This is Google Maps fault, autonexus is on the corner, the building up the other end of that empty lot, your screenshot is looking where the red line is, autonexus is the yellow outlined bit ;)
Property Map Infrastructure Urban design Font

When I rang Auto Nexus, reception told me they had never heard of Polestar.
It took some convincing that they had my car.
This is the problem with using AutoNexus as the servicing point. They are not a consumer facing business, and a receptionist has probably never heard of some of the rarer exotics that come through there either. AutoNexus Erskine Park is equipped to process 20,000 vehicles a month, except for the individual case manager its unlikely someone that you can easily call will know your car even exists. I really don't think they are to blame for any of this. They're not fit for purpose, this is not their usual job, and its a tough ask to expect them to deal with an end client when that is literally not their business. This one is really on Polestar, even if they do have to use AutoNexus temporarily to handle this stuff, it should be provided by Polestar's support, because they have the proper contact list.

Polestar really need a case manager for these issues that can talk to the disparate 3rd parties on your behalf and keep you posted on progress.
That is exactly what needs to be done. It's fine to outsource things, but they need to have someone/a team dedicated to handling all the correspondence between parties.

A very comprehensive response - I just wanted to say thanks to you, and all the others in this conversation. It's all food for thought, and I am hoping it will trend better. I have lost the cooling off opportunity, but if P* can't get their act together in the next few months, maybe a $500 loss in school fees may be better than the chance of getting a lemon & associated severe buggeration factor. Although I would have lost a large chunk of time and be at the back of a queue for an alternative.
Yeah, I personally have no idea what is going to happen going forward, if they're seriously not going to do finance invoices for third party finance anymore I'm pretty much out. By no means have Polestar had a perfect start here, I just think its worth noting that many of these 'new' companies entering the AU market have a bad start. What happens over the next 6 months is pivotal, do they end up being just another Tesla with the cult following that won't accept criticism while delivering a consistently piss poor effort, or do they improve/take feedback seriously/still have active criticism in the wider community. Only time will tell.

Polestar will be shooting themselves in the foot if people are not allowed to use their choice of finance companies here.
I posted an update in the other thread, but yeah, its infuriating. The problem here isn't my finance company, its 100% Polestar, my finance company are just asking for what they ask from anyone, and normally would get.

Overall though I feel much better about the brand and their commitment to support than I did a few days ago.
Glad to see they've done everything they can to try and make you feel better about everything. Still sucks that you've had to deal with this, but I guess that's the early adopter tax.

Polestar probably didn't expect a failure like this so early, so I got to test out their support processes end to end before they were quite ready.
Yeah, that was pretty much my assessment, albeit I delivered it in a very longwinded post 🤣

I'm really not a fan of the MY23 wheel options, the 19" I have weren't my first choice but at least they are better than what is offered now.

I got the go ahead from the wife to get some aftermarket wheels so the 19" might have a better chance of selling if I'm not alone in my thinking 😄
From the MY22 range I like the 19’s, it’s the 20’s that I’m not the biggest fan of, of course the PP 20’s are just the best.
I like neither option of the MY23 though