Polestar Forum banner

Australian Polestar Owners

181K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  sarcastyx 
The fitcamx is pretty good. It does obsure a bit of the vision in the upper part of the windscreen.
With the Fitcamx, is it only active when the car is moving or does it also come on when the car is parked and has been nudged/bumped and record that?

Also a really strange thing is the stereo is much meatier in the LRDM vs the LRSM. I was under the impression they were the same, but the difference was very noticeable on the exact same settings. Bass response is much stronger and extends deeper.
Did the single motor version not have the Plus pack? It could just have the standard stereo setup compared to the Harmon Kardon sound system you get with the Plus pack. That is one thing that I will be downgrading. My ICE has the Harmon Kardon sound system and I am not getting the Plus pack.

I asked about DAB+ with CS and got an email saying that the car has DAB+. This was earlier this year. I would be annoyed if they take it away without any notification. The specifications you can download off the order page doesn't have a full listing of all items (just the basics like pilot, wheels, seat trim)
Yeah, the order page doesn’t mention much. I looked at that multiple times when the Pilot pack saga was going on (which still is) and it shows bugger all information about the specs.

As long as you have an email then that can help. I don’t remember seeing DAB+ on the Australian specs sheet, not that I was looking too closely for that.

They do say DAB and not DAB+ which is useless in Australia. Unless they do mean DAB+. But then the website makes no mention of the radio antennas or I can’t find things on their site.
Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

Fingers crossed. I went out and tried the hatch. When I swipe/kick my feet under the sensor it beeps back at me.
Think I'll start a thread and see whether some of the gurus can help!
Sorry to hear about your issues. Did they find out what the problem was and is it fixed now?

Pretty sure they meant DAB+. When I test drove the car I checked the radio and I got all the DAB+ stations in Perth.
I saw the same the first time I test drove. But the last time I test drove the car it didn’t have any DAB+ stations. Same as @Caillin found with the spare car compared to his car.

In contrast my understanding with Kia and the EV6 was that they did an extensive technician and dealership training and outfitting program for 6 months before the vehicle was even able to be pre-ordered.
I guess Polestar would have done the same thing here if only they had signed the service contract before they came here and not the other way around. Polestar seem to just want to sell the car and not deal with any of the consequences.

It's actually making me reconsider my order because the Volvo dealership link was one of the key selling points for me, and the reason I was prepared to be an early adopter.
That is interesting. When i test drove the car I was told the same thing about the Volvo relationship and they were so proud that there are so many Volvo dealerships around Australia so nothing to worry about. And now they are looking for other partners.

I was also checking if Australia has any Lemon laws like in the US but unfortunately not. It is now on Polestar to do the right thing.

So so terrifying, my wife's gonna kill me if our car (that costs more than 2x any we've ever owned) results in this kind of experience. All the EV sceptics are gonna be like: yep, I'm buying a Nissan with a 10 year warranty thanks.
My wife would probably not kill me but hold that over my head for the rest of our lives.

Polestar really need a case manager for these issues that can talk to the disparate 3rd parties on your behalf and keep you posted on progress.
I guess this will come when the spaces are setup in Australia. But until then we truly are trailblazers for buying a Polestar and pretty much a glutton for pain and disappointment.

Also the 3 day loaner car seems to be from AutoNexus/Access Australia. Polestar would probably have given you a loner for a longer time as it was the case with @Caillin.

Yeah, I personally have no idea what is going to happen going forward, if they're seriously not going to do finance invoices for third party finance anymore I'm pretty much out. By no means have Polestar had a perfect start here, I just think its worth noting that many of these 'new' companies entering the AU market have a bad start. What happens over the next 6 months is pivotal, do they end up being just another Tesla with the cult following that won't accept criticism while delivering a consistently piss poor effort, or do they improve/take feedback seriously/still have active criticism in the wider community. Only time will tell.
Polestar will be shooting themselves in the foot if people are not allowed to use their choice of finance companies here. Not that they are not doing that right now with no support agreements in place and no training provided to roadside assistance companies.

In other news, apparently my car is in the production line already and the VIN is only assigned after the car has been built (which should be early May). This also means I do not get the full Pilot pack as cars still in the production line will only get the lite version. This is the first time I have received any decent information from Polestar CS. And he also confirmed that the service contract in NSW is AutoNexus.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the comments and feedback. Having a community to share information and experiences is so valuable, especially when you are an early adopter.
Don’t forget a place to vent as well. Pretty sure venting to the family is not going to go down well.

Glad to hear the issue is sorted.

I noticed this morning that I scared/startled one of my coworkers when came up behind him while I was parking. I checked and it doesn't look like the AVAS is working, is it just my car or is it not turned on in Australia?
Could it be that it is very quiet and cannot be heard over the outside noises? The video that @Caillin mentioned is . The road noise from the car was louder than AVAS.

Strange bug this morning. It went away the next time the 360 cam came on, still not what you want to see first thing in the morning View attachment 13291

Looks like the same thing that happens when a video cable isn't plugged in properly 😕
You just need to move the TV antenna to get better reception. :)

(Kids growing up in the digital age will not know about manually adjusting the antennas to get TV channels).

From the MY22 range I like the 19’s, it’s the 20’s that I’m not the biggest fan of, of course the PP 20’s are just the best.
I like neither option of the MY23 though
To me the MY23 wheels definitely look better depending on the exterior colour. Like the new 19's look so so with Snow or Magnesium and definitely look much better with Jupiter or Space. Same with the new 20's. That was the good thing about the MY22 wheels that they looked good with whatever colour you chose for the car. The PP 20's are the best but that could also be because of the gold brake calipers.

Hold yer horses, I just got a call back from Barbagello, apparently my towbar is at Volvo Perth, should be able to fit soon-as. Yeah!
I guess this is why you want a proper dealership looking after Polestar customers rather than AutoNexus who are not in the customer facing/servicing business.

Whoever would have thought that sleepy ol Perth is the only place in Australia where Polestar seem to have actually gotten a plan off the ground. Tempted to drive across the Nullabor for the scheduled service here!
I see a Polestar owners road trip to Perth every 2 years. ;-)

Getting them fitted next Monday, before a drive up to the Hunter region. Should be fun!
Ooh let me know when you head to the Hunter region for a test drive. I can join you in my ICE. It will be nice to see/follow a Polestar on the road that is not a test drive car.

Reactions: MalR
We've now started getting pretty frequent and long lived LTE dropouts over the last few days. Reboot of IHU doesn't work, reset TCAM via demister now actually does things since the BUB was replaced and all the software updated, but alas, doesn't bring back the LTE.

I can use bluetooth or wifi hotspot from the phone, but I don't want to have to do that every time.

Going to reach out to CS support today and see what can be done (likely not a lot as it seems a very common issue).
I am sure you have eliminated it but could it be because of spotty Optus network around your area?