Polestar Forum banner

Australian Polestar Owners

181K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  sarcastyx 
Talking about seat protection, what have you tried in the P2 owners club?
Spectrum geek recommends Auto finess which I'm tempted to get during my upcoming trip to the UK but would prefer sourcing a good product readily available locally.
I've had leather so far so I don't know how to clean fabric seats 😅

Attachments

Me too! I should have shares, I've bought so many of their products and I'm yet to try one that I didn't absolutely love.

Bottle Liquid Yellow Plastic bottle Shelving
Gotta love a neat coordinated selection of car care. I just used this coating on my current car. Very easy to DIY

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Shelving Automotive wheel system
OMG! you guys could start a shop! all my car products fit in the bucket I use to wash my current car 🤣

I was quoted ~2.2k for full front PPF (on the top of the ceramic coating and window tinting). I've never really considered doing it because I don't intend to keep the car for more than 4 years and I don't drive on the motoway daily. BUT, with the rise in petrol price, I expect to have to share my car with my hubby who does motorway driving 2 or 3 times a week.
I'm not so sure anymore ...

I got mine done at this place in Mitcham. Decided against PPF due to cost. Was also concerned about having visible dirt lines along the edges of the film as my car is a magnesium. $1,600 for tint, and Ceramic coating.
I spoke with Jacky back in January even before the order portal was open. I thought I would be his first polestar but he mentioned he did one in May. You must be the one that beat me to it lol.

I know it's not a competition,😊...but I am tempted to repost my best TA to date😁
Is there a category for the worst efficiency? I think this suits better my driving style lol
so far I hit 24kWh/100km but I think I can do better (I mean, worst)

Saw a Model Y in the wild today. How's the saying go? A face only a mother could love?
I couldn't agree more BUT

TMY has a very slick software, all common apps unlike AAOS drip feeding an half finish app every 6 months. It even has Netflix.
It's spacious, has good storage. No need to 3D print your own coffee cup holder and what not.
It has camping mode, drive well, good range etc and many clever features.

So would I have one? Hell no! 🤣

I'm looking at getting a bluetooth battery monitor so I can monitor charge from my phone. It's odd that you can't do this from the car itself.

So tomorrow I am going to run some tests on the 12v and get back on to Polestar. I wonder if running the battery flat on the weekend has killed it.
Is there a way to recharge the battery though? I didn't get this battery monitoring kit because I thought it wouldn't solve my problem if the battery was indeed flat. I guess it would help understanding how/ when the battery charges up.

Polestar did not rivet them on the number plates.
Mine was rivetted in but that's in VIC no NSW . Because I changed the plates I got some cheap EV sticker on eBay
In the end, I managed to reuse the stickers from the original plates and use 3M automotive double sided tape to stick it on. Probably wouldn't pass an audit or last forever but does the job well enough for me to not worry about it.

RE: Loan car / Tow bar / SMSR no pack vs DMLR performance upgrade
I want to share my recent experience with polestar as this could shed some light on some of the ongoing issues but also what to expect from after sale care.

After a 10 week wait, I was finally able to get my tow bar fitted. this was done at Autonext Altona, VIC and not at the Polestar Space in South Melbourne. I was downgraded to a SMSR no pack which was an interesting experience.
  • Significantly slower (in fact slower than my other ICE Megan RS) but most importantly the car would wheel spin coming out of my steep gravel driveway on a dry day!
  • The features I missed the most were the adaptive cruise control and somewhat the 360 camera in the pilot pack. IMO, the plus pack is not essential but then again, neither is the performance upgrade but both feel good lol
  • The car would charged to 100% ignoring the set limit even though in the exact same setting, my car charge stops at the set limit. The loaner was still at version 1.9 so I wonder if this glitch has been fixed in later versions.

Tow bar fitting was very neat but they did have to cut part of the under car and expose part of the bear metal. I got a adaptor from Repco but haven't tested it on the trailer yet. The infotainment and TCAM was a bit grumpy when I got the car back 4 days later (I couldn't have come back the same day but that didn't work for me).
No LTE for about 10 minutes and I had to reset the infotainment. The nice surprice was to have the rear sequence light being added but sofware is still at 2.2 not 2.3. Maybe they were able to do some selective software updates?? not sure

FInally som interesting info I got from the Autonexus staff:
  • They haven't had to replace a TCAM yet on any of the VIC cars.
  • They implied that the recent software upgrade (not sure if they were refering to 2.2 or 2.3) would solve the drain happening on the battery system.
  • They haven't receveid training about servicing yet. I guess they have a couple of years to worry about that.
Overall, experience was better than expected (OGs will remember the early days of chaos) and the Autonexus staff seem to be trying at least and there seem to be a process. I wish they could provide a loaner to your home instead of driving 2hr in traffic to Altona but maybe I'm asking too much.

OMG are you serious? I've been told that it is still on back order and I'm at 22 weeks...
That's unbelievable. They are fitting the MY23 with tow bar at delivery so they can't be any shortage. Mine was supposed to have been shipped early August, so 2 weeks wait turned into 10 and I had to escalate it.
The autonexus guys said they have plenty so they should be able to fit yours in. That's not acceptable.

There’s a video of a chap called Dale (Spectrum Geeks on YouTube) putting some edging on to finish it off if you’re interested ¯\(ツ)
Thanks @goulash1971, I've learnt something. I didn't know pretty up the underside of a car was a thing.
I was interested in adding some anti rust coating but I forgot that salt on the road is not a problem in Australia so probably unnecessary.

@Reg your cut is definitely neater than mine!
That's the problems of early adopters. You were one of the first P2 tow bar fitted in the country. It's not too bad though and at least it's under the car and nobody will know about it except your fellow Polestarians 😅

Also- has anyone found that wi-fi reception is pretty poor?
I use a 2.4Ghz signal for all my outdoor sensors and the P2 instead of the 5Ghz. Signal is stronger but not as fast. You could give it a go to see if that helps.