Polestar Forum banner

Australian Polestar Owners

181K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  sarcastyx 
View attachment 13660 Bulbous number plate delete completed.

Stickers removed, the car looks so much "cleaner" without them.

Had 2.0 update, android 11 downloaded. LTE dropped out afterwards. Quick LTE off and on in menu and all has been good since.
How was the number plate holder fixed to the car? Also, how have you attached the new one?

Ok, I've been watching this conversation regarding the front number plate mount and it's finally got the better of me, so I have to ask "What am I missing here?"
I realise that everyone has their own view, but I think that coupled with the Kingpin screw on protectors, they look great, same as on my XC40, and definitely better than the photo in post #344 (sorry mate, no offense intended, just my opinion).
So, again, what am I missing here?:unsure:
Ignore the colour as the photo was taken in low light.
Fire away 😊
View attachment 13694
Well for me it's the fact that the nice slim plate takes up about 50% of the surface area of the big piece of plastic it's attached to. I do agree that's yours being slightly lower with its own surround makes it less offensive though.

Had mine for a day now. So delighted with it! Way better than I thought (and the bar was high)

Here are some thoughts on things that were surprisingly better than I expected and a few things that are not so good.

Better:
Quality of build - just fantastic
Comfort - awesome seats, steering and controls
Infotainment system - so intuitive and responsive (although definite room for improvement in future updates)
Lights Sequence and pixelated high beams - I am sooo pleased I got a pre-config to get full pilot. Love the rear animation but the auto pixelated high beams are unbelievable

Not so good:
No Homelink - not mentioned when ordering but this one on plenty of YouTube videos reviewing the car.
360 Degree camera - terrible. Low quality images and nothing like the view I've had on previous cars.
WiFi - crap. Sees phone hotspot but not home wifi. Disabled WPS after seeing a tip on forum, connected successfully but not appearing when checked later.
LTE consistency - seems to be weak at connecting. Often has no signal then will return, even though phone has no connection issues. Renders Google and Spotify useless. They need to fix this.

Nice! Did you consider and even have the chance to test drive any other EVs before going with the Polestar 2?
I test drove an EQA. I originally wanted an Ioniq 5 but since the ordering debacle left me frustrated with them, I started doing research on alternatives. Polestar 2 was a no-brainer. Even without my hatred of Elon Musk and the dislike of the cult nature of a lot of owners, I really don't like the look or build quality of them, so that was never a consideration for me.

Exact same car spec 😍

I agree with most of what you have said too - Homelink was never a factor for me though. The 360 camera is particularly shite though, especially in low light or rain….and the WiFi issue is an annoying niggle….
Like you, pixel lights are incredible and very glad I went pre-config as I do quite a bit of driving at night. I love watching the high beams switch on and then isolate vehicles and the wave of light that follows as the other car moves 😍
Exactly the same? Nice. She's a beaut isn't she? Everyone I've shown the car has commented on how much they love the colour.
The issues are minor and pale into insignificance compared to the quality of everything else.
Going to try to fit the Fitcamx next.

Well. Installing the Fitcamx was even simpler than I thought. Anyone else got one?
Looks superb. Only downside is that it shows a little more of the dash than I'd hoped but that a small price to pay for that OEM look.

I've had mine for about 20 hours now, been for about 5 drives.

I must say, the minimalist design suits me exactly. There's just enough of everything to make it functional and comfortable - which is great (I'm coming from an Alfa - overly complicated and heaps of switches, then a Skoda and an Impreza).

I've had some minor glitches with a phone call dropping out and I couldn't end the call, the radio goes blank intermittently, minor glitch with google maps (which I was able to fix). Otherwise, the car is simply awesome to drive.

The camera does seem so odd...the representation that is presented on the screen. Reminds me of a computer game I might have played growing up. It's servicable, but the way the images are represented is so strange.....maybe they can fine tune this with software, and it's not the cameras?

Finally, I might have a go at documenting the different ways/methods to restart or reset various things. From resetting the infotainment unit (press on home button for >20secs), through to resetting the cars (simpliest being removing all keys from car, locking car, moving away 10mtres, waiting several minutes and then entering car again), other methods (??) to then detatching battery, etc. I'm sure all this info exists, but if it doesn't exist all in one place, might have a crack at collating it (maybe i should read the instructions first?)

Also just got notified a software update is required - I was on 2.0, so I assume 2.1 is ready to install.
Hopefully see you around town @Brentino. I'll be the one smiling in my thunder.
I did the 2.1 upgrade this arvo and looks to have worked with no problems. Hopefully they'll keep the AAOS updates coming to iron out these glitches.
Going to go for a drive to try out my Fitcamx now.

Likewise!
I was desperate today to check out some charging stations, however my Type2 cable is in the post.
I was Northside, Southside and around civic today. I might go for another drive tonight out Majura Park way to try to pilot pack lights.
You will be blown away by the lights. I understand that the Woden Westfield provide a cable for you (and the charge is free). Not tried charging other than on home Hypervolt yet. Don't have a Type2 cable yet.

Apps installed and key fob changed on first full day. Fitcamx and plate covers fitted yesterday. Autoglym polar treatment wash and Polestar stickers taken off today. I think I've finished all the things I've been planning for two months. I guess just enjoying the car even more is all that's left now. 🙂

Other interesting thing, the wireless charging would certainly warm my Pixel up nicely but didn't actually add any charge. Have discovered that if I reverse the orientation of the handset such that the top of the phone is closest to the driver, it charges fine and doesn't get noticeably warmer.
I'm glad you mentioned this. I found it strange that one time it charged fine, but other times it didn't seemed to add much/any charge but heated up phone (even though the wireless charge symbol indicated it was charging). Many thanks for the orientation tip. I'll give it a go.

Everything marked with a star is covered by:

Optional/accessory - The equipment described in the Manual is not available in all cars - they have different equipment depending on adaptations for 
 the needs of different markets and national or local laws and regulations.
I wonder why Homelink would be removed for Australia? Strange.