Polestar Forum banner

Australian Polestar Owners

181K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  sarcastyx 
Picked up my P2 (LRSM, Snow, Pilot, Plus) in Sydney this week. Handover was very thorough, with the battery at 93%, 12km on the clock, and software v2.0. Good trip home with no issues. Then you get home, and you really get to check it out. No major issues at all, but some learnings for me:
  • no Homelink (apparently not supported in Australia - didn’t know that)
  • curiously no AM radio, only FM
  • not many apps to download whilst in the car, so used Google Play Store on my iPad to find apps that were compatible and downloaded from there. Still very limited, no surprise there - I expected that and I am sure it will get better. Using ABRP, PlugShare, Vivaldi (ensuring BOM and SMH are tabs :) )
  • wifi does not pick up my home wifi, but it did pick up my air conditioner….. Tried lots of different things that I saw on the forums, but nothing has worked yet.
  • upgraded from v2.0 to v2.1 - no issues to report (didn’t change wifi situation)

But overall just fantastic to drive ;)

I have solar panels and a tethered Zappi v2 charger. First charge today was very smooth. Next is a decent trip whilst I get used to the slowly growing recharger infrastructure. The information in the forums has been really helpful, and any negatives are dwarfed by the positives!

Picked up my P2 (LRSM, Snow, Pilot, Plus) in Sydney this week. Handover was very thorough, with the battery at 93%, 12km on the clock, and software v2.0. Good trip home with no issues. Then you get home, and you really get to check it out. No major issues at all, but some learnings for me:
  • no Homelink (apparently not supported in Australia - didn’t know that)
  • curiously no AM radio, only FM
  • not many apps to download whilst in the car, so used Google Play Store on my iPad to find apps that were compatible and downloaded from there. Still very limited, no surprise there - I expected that and I am sure it will get better. Using ABRP, PlugShare, Vivaldi (ensuring BOM and SMH are tabs :) )
  • wifi does not pick up my home wifi, but it did pick up my air conditioner….. Tried lots of different things that I saw on the forums, but nothing has worked yet.
  • upgraded from v2.0 to v2.1 - no issues to report (didn’t change wifi situation)

But overall just fantastic to drive ;)

I have solar panels and a tethered Zappi v2 charger. First charge today was very smooth. Next is a decent trip whilst I get used to the slowly growing recharger infrastructure. The information in the forums has been really helpful, and any negatives are dwarfed by the positives!
WIFI fix - Just solved the wifi issue, although I do not understand why. The car‘s wifi would only see my air conditioner (that’s pretty cool…..), and not the other networks in the house. After reading the forums I tried adding Guest SSID using 2.4ghz, and the car saw it immediately. But I still only see Guest and my air conditioner. So it’s a fix for now, and one day I will understand the why….
No issues with the car - everything is as expected - so much power - not sure what I would do with a second motor :)

Just need someone riding shotgun, with a few high-powered LED torches.
Thanks for the posts. I have not checked out the granny charger as I had a Zappi installed (which works perfectly), but I do need to test the Granny before I need it.
Biggest issue I have come across so far is unthinking non-Polestar drivers hooked up to charging stations, 100% charged and nowhere in sight. Annoying but that’s the way it is until charging stations multiply. The car is wonderful, but glad I have my own charging setup at home.

Zappi v2 for me. Puts solar in during the day (eco ++) and then if I need more I just switch to fast charging. I’m on single phase. No issues so far. I try to ensure the car is charged by solar as much as I can. The rest just goes back to the grid (at 6 cents….). Still a little worried by charger availability and reliability, but it going to get better.

Successfully installed P2.2. My son was super excited last night being able to use Apple CarPlay. He has playlists set up on our Apple Music. All seemed to work

had some strange behaviour with my wipers initially (first couple of times driving - the wipers would come on for no reason?), but now seems to have resolved itself.

the other big win in my opinion is the transition from cruise control after applying the brakes (or cancelling cruise). It was so abrupt previously, but the gradual pace at which my car now slows is perfect.
as you say, cancelling cruise control was so abrupt, I changed to just pressing the button to turn off CC, which worked so much better. Looking forward to 2.2 to see the difference. I’d rather press the brake than the button!

Have installed. Forgot how much I like CarPlay! Only thing is it’s not wireless.

Have installed 2.2 today. Forgot how much I like CarPlay. Only thing is you need to plug in a cable.

For those that have the Performance Software update, the Performance app that comes with 2.2 is nice, with Launch and G-Force functions. A bit of fun!
A cable? Oh, that is disappointing…..

My first real problem with the car and its smarts.
Heaps of leaves in gutters on roadside in Canberra at the moment. Doing a u-turn into and out of a driveway (which had a heap of leaves in gutter and on road - like they’d been swept there intentionally).
The car kept engaging the auto-brake mechanism as I assume it determined the piles of leaves to be a solid obstruction. Took me several goes to reverse out of driveway - and only after realising I could simply override the auto-brake by keeping engaging the accelerator.
weird situation, and the auto brake really does kick in. Even at very slow speeds.
I am in Canberra at the moment, but I just drive around the leaves! Haven’t had that happen to me yet, but I’ll watch out for it. Had a good charge outside the Law Courts this morning. 50kW charger and got 50kW, but I had to pay for parking. The lawyers always get their cut….

Just completed a round trip Katoomba to Canberra. 16.8kW/100km - very happy with that. Most of the trip was on freeways at 110kph, using adaptive cruise control. No charging stress, although fast chargers are not as fast as I hoped. However it didn’t get in the way of the trip. Looks like the car could have done 480-490km if I had been prepared to challenge 0% (which I would never do..). Cool conditions, and it was freezing in Canberra. I am on v2.1, so if v2.2 improves efficiency, happy days :)

View attachment 15200

Overdue post, I guess! Picked up my PS2 last week. SMSR Full Pilot and Plus.

I’ve noticed a few kinks, and was wondering if anyone has had similar issues:

• There’s a rattle in the window (especially on the driver side but I don’t sit on the passenger side so I don’t know if it’s also there). I believe it’s a problem with the seal?
  • First time I used a faster charger was in Berry (NRMA), after charging my sound was all crackled up and I couldn’t play music, only Google responded to me. A reste of the entertainment unit fixed it.

Other then that I’m super happy. I’ve had it coated in SystemX Max from the guys at Proto Car Care in Unanderra. Total legends as well. Car drives amazing.

Vyro was great to deal with as well (I bought the car through them as they had vehicles ready for delivery).
I have a slight rattle in a couple of the windows but haven’t worried about it. I put it down to winter, and the rubber not sealing as well, but I am sure there is something we should be able to do - I have seen other posts in this forum referring to it. The other thing I noticed was when driving on the freeway, you know the sound/vibration you get when you wind down a window slightly? That happened, not major but noticeable. Part of this is because the car is so quiet, you get to hear everything. No problems with the sound.

Hi All.
I went looking for the new chargers (10?) at the Law Courts in Canberra. I drove the loop around the RBA building, law courts and cop show 3 times, but couldn’t see any sign of them. From an image I found online - they appear in an enclosed car park?
I also can’t find any information on PlugShare (also a reason I was keen to go - so I could post some info there for everyone).
Some tips to find these charging spots would be appreciated!
(I’m sure someone posted recently they’d used them)
right next to the road. It’s marked on Google maps:
ActewAGL Charging Station
1300 463 843

right next to the road. It’s marked on Google maps:
ActewAGL Charging Station
1300 463 843
PlugShare has most of the charging locations. I use Chargefox, PlugShare, Evie and Jolt. Also ABRP is useful. Typically Google Maps will show the charging stations as well.

Got the update yesterday, no problems, except maybe some jumping in youtube music. (not sure if that was mobile connectivity or the firmware) was a bit warmer today but def saw some increase in range performance.
Got mine yesterday as well. A trip planned tomorrow to see if my already good range is even better.

I read this article with interest, which might help answer some of your questions.

I only have a 4kW solar and no battery but being Melbourne winter I haven't really been exporting much to notice.
Solarquotes is just the best site. I used it to learn about solar solutions, and evaluate the solar solution I have. if You want to learn about panels, batteries, inverters, installers etc this is where you should go.

Doubtful, as my experience mirrors yours. I will usually beat Google Maps arrival prediction by about 1 or 2%. Best I've done/worst it has done is 3% and that was just once, and I think I got lucky with traffic basically giving me a hypermiling advantage 🤣
When I was on 2.1, the Google Maps prediction could easily be out by 10%. But now with 2.2 it is much better, and is within 1-2%. Depending on how you drive, there is always going to be a difference.

Thanks buddy. I'll certainly feel more confident if my type 2 cable arrives. You guys have also given me more confidence that I'll find the necessary chargers to make the trip enjoyable.

I have Evie (and card) and Chargefox app. I'll get Jolt now too.
Just got back from Blue Mountains/Canberra/Blue Mountains day trip. 700km. Biggest disappointment = Sally’s Corner/Suttons Forest Fast charger. In maintenance. Damn. Knowing that was the case, tried Mittagong. Busy with an unoccupied Tesla. So on to Goulburn. Thankfully 2 of the 3 chargers were up and running, which allowed me to get to Canberra and back. Charged again, this time 150kW (for a good period of time before dropping to 49kW), which got me back home. A long day of driving. Hanging out for the day when there are more reliable chargers. Best news 16.9kWh per 100km, average speed 85kmh. Damn this car is good :)

Have had a couple of minor charging glitches like that, where limit was set to 80%, and it went to 90%. I have no idea why, as I don’t think I did anything wrong. Having said that, 99% of the time it has worked perfectly.