Polestar Forum banner
861 - 880 of 922 Posts

·
Registered
Magnesium LRSM with full Pilot Pack
49 Posts
Which is more parroting overseas reviews and not as relevant here in Australia. Most Tesla users don't use the supercharger network in Australia and prefer the other networks.
:unsure: Still, I'm sure the investment in infrastructure to support their cars certainly contributed to the quicker uptake in Teslas. Smart if you ask me. Certainly beats having 1 charger that may or may not be working/occupied when you get to it. Just my opinion of course:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ha, in WA the Tesla supercharger network is 4 sites. 1 at an inner suburban shopping centre, and the other 3 in the south west.

The Williams one would be handy for road trips to Albany though. Hopefully they open that up before the State Government network comes online

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
962 Posts
Ha, in WA the Tesla supercharger network is 4 sites. 1 at an inner suburban shopping centre, and the other 3 in the south west.
The moral of the story here is that with Australian operations being based on the east coast for all these car brands that nobody seems to give a crap about WA. Hard to get your cars, hard to find somewhere to charge, and eastern based CSRs who don't seem to care.

·
Registered
Magnesium LRSM with full Pilot Pack
49 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Magnesium SRSM, Pilot. ICE Pajero Sport, heavily modified
21 Posts
There are so few EVs in the market in Australia, it makes sense to compare based on price mostly because some segments only have 1-2 cars in them. I know I cross shopped a Leaf, M3, Ioniq, the mini electric and, a Kona with the PS, so a pretty diverse list of cars. Pretty much any car that was eligible for both the stamp duty subsidy and the 3k nsw rebates was on my list.

·
Registered
Thunder LRSM Pilot/Plus - CBR
173 Posts
The Tesla and even fuglier EV6 were never options for me. I do like the Ioniq 5 and it's 80s vibe and would have looked at Mach-E if that had been an option but I got by far the pick of the bunch IMO. I test drove an EQA but its a joke that it was more expensive than the P2. Should be half the price.

·
Registered
2022 LRDM PPP Mg
60 Posts
My efficiency is so So much worse but here in Canberra we are working with rubbish temperatures that don’t get above 8-9C all day… I’m over 20kwh/100 right now I’m sure of it.. but my trips would be lucky to be 22km each way and it’s warming up at each end of the day, so the drag on useage by seat warmers and hell even the steering wheel warmer is (i suspect) significant too.. I would never have thought that I would ever use a steering wheel warmer… but wow.. amazing for here. After lunch today I left it installing the update too so that’s a win..
now to sign up for the performance upgrade hmmmmmm..

·
Registered
2022 Magnesium SRSM, Pilot. ICE Pajero Sport, heavily modified
21 Posts
I would imagine the SRSM with plus would be the most efficient, certainly more so than the heavier and more powerful LRDM

For what it's worth my SRSM, pilot only not plus, had its best run with preconditioned battery etc of 16.4/100km, going from Sydney to Gosford in the morning with temps around 10c. Short trips under 5km in the cold morning are more like 25/100km

·
Registered
962 Posts
My efficiency is so So much worse but here in Canberra we are working with rubbish temperatures that don’t get above 8-9C all day… I’m over 20kwh/100 right now I’m sure of it.. but my trips would be lucky to be 22km each way and it’s warming up at each end of the day, so the drag on useage by seat warmers and hell even the steering wheel warmer is (i suspect) significant too.. I would never have thought that I would ever use a steering wheel warmer… but wow.. amazing for here. After lunch today I left it installing the update too so that’s a win..
I’d note mine is single motor so that will help, as for the rest, both driver and passenger seat warmers on 3, and steering wheel heat on 2 (because 3 would give 3rd degree burns 😂)

·
Registered
962 Posts
For what it's worth my SRSM, pilot only not plus, had its best run with preconditioned battery etc of 16.4/100km, going from Sydney to Gosford in the morning with temps around 10c. Short trips under 5km in the cold morning are more like 25/100km
Short trips are killer on efficiency, but this had no preconditioning. The luck for me was temperature, 15 at the start, 16 at the end

·
Registered
173 Posts
Do you use OPD?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Every study I've seen says OPD in blended brake EVs is more efficient though not by a lot. Varies from 2% to 5%. I've used OPD exclusively since new and have averaged 18.5kWH/100km for those 1500km.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is significantly worse for me. About 15% better off than OPD on light. I cannot use OPD on full, it annoys me too much when performing slow manoeuvres.

861 - 880 of 922 Posts