Polestar Forum banner
881 - 900 of 922 Posts

·
Registered
Thunder LRSM Pilot/Plus - CBR
173 Posts
Every study I've seen says OPD in blended brake EVs is more efficient though not by a lot. Varies from 2% to 5%. I've used OPD exclusively since new and have averaged 18.5kWH/100km for those 1500km.
My average went from just under 22 to just over 18 for identical journeys (in cold Canberra weather). I'm sure those studies are great, but I have the Journey Log from the car itself that I think I'll trust.

Edit: OPD on full was over 21 too. But this was over a short period of time (because it was not for me)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Standing enjoying the sunset waiting for a taxi.
Update 2.2 killed my polestar. Full turtle, propulsion system failure, no forward movement only juddering. Managed to roll in reverse to park.
Car being transported tomorrow to Brisbane autonexus from Gladstone. View attachment 15003
Wowsers. Makes my decision to update in car park near work a risky one in hindsight. Just driven home and everything seems OK (other than the Trip Auto being on 50kmh/100 to start with which I've never seen before. % of battery used to get home seemed to be the same as usual, so just seemed to cause the TA to look higher than I'd expect).

·
Registered
2022 Dual Motor P2 Snow, Plus Pack
37 Posts
P2.2 delivered to me this morning. Installing now.
Have installed. Forgot how much I like CarPlay! Only thing is it’s not wireless.
Have installed 2.2 today. Forgot how much I like CarPlay. Only thing is you need to plug in a cable.

For those that have the Performance Software update, the Performance app that comes with 2.2 is nice, with Launch and G-Force functions. A bit of fun!

·
Registered
46 Posts
My efficiency is so So much worse but here in Canberra we are working with rubbish temperatures that don’t get above 8-9C all day… I’m over 20kwh/100 right now I’m sure of it.. but my trips would be lucky to be 22km each way and it’s warming up at each end of the day, so the drag on useage by seat warmers and hell even the steering wheel warmer is (i suspect) significant too.. I would never have thought that I would ever use a steering wheel warmer… but wow.. amazing for here. After lunch today I left it installing the update too so that’s a win..
now to sign up for the performance upgrade hmmmmmm..
Been getting about the same, only a bit better reducing the OPD

Haven’t gotten the indication that the upgrade is ready but I didn’t seem to get it for the last upgrade, let alone I get a 404 page not found for the performance upgrade 🤣

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
962 Posts
Have installed. Forgot how much I like CarPlay! Only thing is it’s not wireless.
I honestly didn’t think I would use CarPlay anymore, but the moment I started some atmos tracks on tidal and had some guitar coming from the rear speakers and not as much centre bias I was sold. Also my HomeKit garage door opener.

For those that have the Performance Software update, the Performance app that comes with 2.2 is nice, with Launch and G-Force functions. A bit of fun!
The performance app isn’t exclusively with 2.2 or performance upgrade, it can be downloaded from the play store, but you only get launch with both 2.2 and performance upgrade from what it looks like

·
Registered
2022 Dual Motor P2 Snow, Plus Pack
37 Posts
I honestly didn’t think I would use CarPlay anymore, but the moment I started some atmos tracks on tidal and had some guitar coming from the rear speakers and not as much centre bias I was sold. Also my HomeKit garage door opener.

The performance app isn’t exclusively with 2.2 or performance upgrade, it can be downloaded from the play store, but you only get launch with both 2.2 and performance upgrade from what it looks like
Agree, lilstevie. Tidal is awesome for audiophile SQ.

·
Registered
2022 LRDM PPP Mg
60 Posts
I’d note mine is single motor so that will help, as for the rest, both driver and passenger seat warmers on 3, and steering wheel heat on 2 (because 3 would give 3rd degree burns 😂)
lol I only ever use 1 for both and the wheel is on for 5-8 mins max before my hands are toasty and I switch it back off..

and yeah I’m not moaning about the range at all, was just noting it.. I’m sure it will improve when we stop getting below zero starts for my 5 drive to gym first thing lol..
the average on a longer drive will no doubt be far better..
Oh and for the record there seems little difference so far when there’s little chunks of… enthusiasm ….when getting ahead of cars on the parkway 😎
Has had no effect good or bad on useage..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sure do… waaaait is this the heavy OPD? I used the middle setting but very very rarely need to use the brake anyway.. it’s only ever regent on deceleration..🤷🏼‍♂️
As I have mentioned. My huge improvement on efficiency is compared to the middle setting.
Try turning it off. It still regens on braking plus you get way more freewheeling than you think.

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #893 ·
As I have mentioned. My huge improvement on efficiency is compared to the middle setting.
Try turning it off. It still regens on braking plus you get way more freewheeling than you think.
I think adjusting to how well the car coasts and driving accordingly is key for OPD off. I'll give OPD a go again now that they've made the ACC transition a lot smoother.

·
Registered
2022 LRDM PPP Mg
60 Posts
2.2 installed fine yesterday afternoon while I was at work.. no problems for me.. and I guess I should try CarPlay after all the noise people were making about it.. never used it tbh and haven’t really had an issue with the native streaming app.. guess I’m not in it for long at the moment on the way to work and podcasts don’t need much lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Did my first regular commute with P2.2 this morning and consumption rate lowest since I had the car (significantly). Just a single journey so far, but promising.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'll give OPD a go again now that they've made the ACC transition a lot smoother.
That was definitely the one annoying bit to OPD though it's become automatic for me now to match throttle before cancelling the ACC.

Might be just me but the ACC seems to have more leeway now. E.g. going down a long hill it's maintaining 3-4kmh above the set speed. Previously it sat right on it.

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
962 Posts
That was definitely the one annoying bit to OPD though it's become automatic for me now to match throttle before cancelling the ACC.
I’ve only been on one smallish drive since updating but it’s definitely a smoother transition out now.

Might be just me but the ACC seems to have more leeway now. E.g. going down a long hill it's maintaining 3-4kmh above the set speed. Previously it sat right on it.
For me it always sat 1 or 2 over down and 1 or 2 under on the way up

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #898 ·
With OPD on, our behaviour is the same as @lilstevie. With it off, it like to drift up to 5kph over on downhills, and about 3kph under on uphills. I'd just assumed due to the fact that it's trying to maximise the amount of coasting.

·
Registered
LRSM Pilot & Plus Pack
1 Posts
Still waiting for P2.2. Currently on P2.0 and being told it is the latest version. I've got LRSM but strangely, the performance app has appeared without me choosing to download it.

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #900 ·
Still waiting for P2.2. Currently on P2.0 and being told it is the latest version. I've got LRSM but strangely, the performance app has appeared without me choosing to download it.
Have you tried a demister TCAM reset straight after an IHU reset? Maybe it might give the update detection a kick 🤷‍♂️

I think for others in the same position overseas, they've had to visit a space to get it manually updated, then have been fine with auto-update after that. A bit more problematic with no spaces here in AU though.

881 - 900 of 922 Posts