Polestar Forum banner
901 - 920 of 922 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have you tried a demister TCAM reset straight after an IHU reset? Maybe it might give the update detection a kick 🤷‍♂️

I think for others in the same position overseas, they've had to visit a space to get it manually updated, then have been fine with auto-update after that. A bit more problematic with no spaces here in AU though.
Service guy said to reset the display a couple of times. 2.2 rollout has been suspended apparently so probably won't work anyway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Successfully installed P2.2. My son was super excited last night being able to use Apple CarPlay. He has playlists set up on our Apple Music. All seemed to work

had some strange behaviour with my wipers initially (first couple of times driving - the wipers would come on for no reason?), but now seems to have resolved itself.

the other big win in my opinion is the transition from cruise control after applying the brakes (or cancelling cruise). It was so abrupt previously, but the gradual pace at which my car now slows is perfect.

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
962 Posts
Did my first regular commute with P2.2 this morning and consumption rate lowest since I had the car (significantly). Just a single journey so far, but promising.
Did a short journey today that I do frequently, usually it’s on the border of 3-4%, just dropped 3% as I was pulling into my street. I don’t precondition and it’s ~5km round trip, normally the TA consumption is pretty high for the first couple of minutes. Will need to do a longer trip next week to a known location to see how that goes

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Single motor, Long range
16 Posts
Successfully installed P2.2. My son was super excited last night being able to use Apple CarPlay. He has playlists set up on our Apple Music. All seemed to work

had some strange behaviour with my wipers initially (first couple of times driving - the wipers would come on for no reason?), but now seems to have resolved itself.

the other big win in my opinion is the transition from cruise control after applying the brakes (or cancelling cruise). It was so abrupt previously, but the gradual pace at which my car now slows is perfect.
as you say, cancelling cruise control was so abrupt, I changed to just pressing the button to turn off CC, which worked so much better. Looking forward to 2.2 to see the difference. I’d rather press the brake than the button!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have installed. Forgot how much I like CarPlay! Only thing is it’s not wireless.

Have installed 2.2 today. Forgot how much I like CarPlay. Only thing is you need to plug in a cable.

For those that have the Performance Software update, the Performance app that comes with 2.2 is nice, with Launch and G-Force functions. A bit of fun!
A cable? Oh, that is disappointing…..

·
Registered
2022 LRDM PPP Mg
60 Posts
as you say, cancelling cruise control was so abrupt, I changed to just pressing the button to turn off CC, which worked so much better. Looking forward to 2.2 to see the difference. I’d rather press the brake than the button!
I was totally there with ya Peterf, I’d use the button to cancel it everytime… but I can report that with 2.2, it’s much much better, there’s a much smoother start before it blends in the regen now.. no need to pedal match for easing without biting the steering wheel..
CarPlay is great too, but this improvement just made my week..

·
Registered
42 Posts
My first real problem with the car and its smarts.
Heaps of leaves in gutters on roadside in Canberra at the moment. Doing a u-turn into and out of a driveway (which had a heap of leaves in gutter and on road - like they’d been swept there intentionally).
The car kept engaging the auto-brake mechanism as I assume it determined the piles of leaves to be a solid obstruction. Took me several goes to reverse out of driveway - and only after realising I could simply override the auto-brake by keeping engaging the accelerator.
weird situation, and the auto brake really does kick in. Even at very slow speeds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heaps of leaves in gutters on roadside in Canberra at the moment. Doing a u-turn into and out of a driveway (which had a heap of leaves in gutter and on road - like they’d been swept there intentionally).
The car kept engaging the auto-brake mechanism as I assume it determined the piles of leaves to be a solid obstruction. Took me several goes to reverse out of driveway - and only after realising I could simply override the auto-brake by keeping engaging the accelerator.
weird situation, and the auto brake really does kick in. Even at very slow speeds.
I am in Canberra at the moment, but I just drive around the leaves! Haven’t had that happen to me yet, but I’ll watch out for it. Had a good charge outside the Law Courts this morning. 50kW charger and got 50kW, but I had to pay for parking. The lawyers always get their cut….

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think the safer way would be to disable it from the settings rather than stamping on the accelerator which could just propel the car backwards really quickly. Pure progressive performance | Polestar

Keep in mind that these settings revert back to on every time you get in the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the safer way would be to disable it from the settings rather than stamping on the accelerator which could just propel the car backwards really quickly. Pure progressive performance | Polestar

Keep in mind that these settings revert back to on every time you get in the car.
Thanks, I’ll check it. I simply kept reversing slowly and all was good. I just wasn’t sure it would let me….but it did.

·
Registered
Magnesium LRSM with full Pilot Pack
49 Posts
I have the same issue when reversing out of my garage, I swing 90 degrees around on the pad in preparation of driving forwards down the driveway. It determines that the grass on the edge of the driveway is an obstacle. Not a big deal normally, as I always stop before backing onto the grass. One morning I mustn't have been paying close enough attention, and your right, auto braking really kicked in. Interestingly, my XC40 has the same system, same ground clearance, but no issue with it. :unsure:

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
962 Posts
First really significant drive since the 2.2 update, 11-13c and 140km achieved 16.5kWh/100km, so definitely seeing improved efficiency with the update.

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #919 ·
We've also just come back from our only decent drive since 2.2 to the North side of Brissy and back. Not a huge trip, but plenty of traffic. Efficiency is definitely much better than before:
Vehicle Automotive design Car Steering part Speedometer

Also in not so good news, just got a message that there is an issue with the parking sensors:
Automotive lighting Product Hood Mobile phone Automotive design

901 - 920 of 922 Posts