Polestar Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1156 Posts

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,125 Posts
Just out of curiosity what was the ballpark figure to get the wrap? I am once again in considering getting the wrap or not after seeing about 5 stone chips on my car.
They're working on the quote at the moment as to go matte is a bit more work with bits needing to come off so that you don't end up with glossy lines around the headlights etc.

Doing the same when the car arrives ... keen too see what yours looks like
This place is in Brunswick, so might be interesting for fellow Melburnians

·
Registered
MY22 P*2 LRDM Thunder Plus/Pilot lite
74 Posts
I was quoted ~2.2k for full front PPF (on the top of the ceramic coating and window tinting). I've never really considered doing it because I don't intend to keep the car for more than 4 years and I don't drive on the motoway daily. BUT, with the rise in petrol price, I expect to have to share my car with my hubby who does motorway driving 2 or 3 times a week.
I'm not so sure anymore ...

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
170 Posts
They're working on the quote at the moment as to go matte is a bit more work with bits needing to come off so that you don't end up with glossy lines around the headlights etc.

This place is in Brunswick, so might be interesting for fellow Melburnians
I'm going to be using a detailing shop in Oakleigh, would be happy to contrast and compare - FYI: I've PPF'd a Tesla before but not in matte

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was quoted ~2.2k for full front PPF (on the top of the ceramic coating and window tinting). I've never really considered doing it because I don't intend to keep the car for more than 4 years and I don't drive on the motoway daily. BUT, with the rise in petrol price, I expect to have to share my car with my hubby who does motorway driving 2 or 3 times a week.
I'm not so sure anymore ...
FWIW .. I found that PPF was one of the best "investments" I have ever made with a car - whether it's protecting the paint from "love marks" (made when washing yourself), car park dings, malicious behaviour (thankfully not something I've experienced in Australia although I have had a cabriolet roof slashed twice), or just having the water / dirt run off ... it does it all.

·
Registered
2022 LRDM PPP Mg
66 Posts
FWIW .. I found that PPF was one of the best "investments" I have ever made with a car - whether it's protecting the paint from "love marks" (made when washing yourself), car park dings, malicious behaviour (thankfully not something I've experienced in Australia although I have had a cabriolet roof slashed twice), or just having the water / dirt run off ... it does it all.

100% agreed.. best investment in a car aftermarket..

Is there a type/brand of PPF that people have a good recommendation for?
I’m sure it’s all developing constantly like everything else..

The local guy who wrapped my partners old car uses Suntek Ultra and Avery SPF-XI Supreme as his options on PPF, I’m considering a whole car because if you’d seen the condition of the paint on the last car when I took the wrap off prior to sale, you’d understand.. the old car was an M135i and with 80k on the clock there was seriously not one mark on the car…. No scratches let alone any chips.. Amazing result….

For the record, the wrap was still in excellent condition for its age (was a green, gloss colored wrap) and had no lifting, bubbles, anything like that.. just the odd mark from stones bouncing off, or doors being opened on it, finger nails under door handles etc etc, but underneath.. showroom..

worth every penny..

Having said that, it took a whole weekend with a heat gun to get the damn wrap off and both hands were missing lots of skin. lol.. so you’ve been warned there hahah

oh and yeah his price is about 5.5-6k which is a full wrap and has apparently got an included ceramic coat as part of it.. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Unsure if anyone is considering/has gotten a full wrap or anything..

·
Registered
170 Posts
100% agreed.. best investment in a car aftermarket..

Is there a type/brand of PPF that people have a good recommendation for?
I’m sure it’s all developing constantly like everything else..

The local guy who wrapped my partners old car uses Suntek Ultra and Avery SPF-XI Supreme as his options on PPF, I’m considering a whole car because if you’d seen the condition of the paint on the last car when I took the wrap off prior to sale, you’d understand.. the old car was an M135i and with 80k on the clock there was seriously not one mark on the car…. No scratches let alone any chips.. Amazing result….

For the record, the wrap was still in excellent condition for its age (was a green, gloss colored wrap) and had no lifting, bubbles, anything like that.. just the odd mark from stones bouncing off, or doors being opened on it, finger nails under door handles etc etc, but underneath.. showroom..

worth every penny..

Having said that, it took a whole weekend with a heat gun to get the damn wrap off and both hands were missing lots of skin. lol.. so you’ve been warned there hahah

oh and yeah his price is about 5.5-6k which is a full wrap and has apparently got an included ceramic coat as part of it.. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Unsure if anyone is considering/has gotten a full wrap or anything..
I only have experience of the XPEL films and have no complaints, but they tend to be pricey ... I have heard good things about the Opticoat films but haven't had a car wrapped in that myself.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The quote I have is a bit higher than the upper end, but not sure how much of that is because of matte done right having a premium.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The quote I have is a bit higher than the upper end, but not sure how much of that is because of matte done right having a premium.
My quote is around $7.5k for (full) PPF + Ceramic
And $1.6k for the tint film (that's for the 3M Crystalline ... I haven't asked for a re-quote for Ceramic based upon your advice yet)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Mine is 8.5 full matte PPF, not sure if it has any coating over that.

And $1.6k for the tint film (that wa for the 3M Crystalline ... I haven't asked for a re-quote for Ceramic based upon your advice yet)
For the tints I was quoted $400ish (exact $ amount to be confirmed) for the side windows, as I have the plus pack and the rear windscreen is already tinted.

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,095 ·
And $1.6k for the tint film (that's for the 3M Crystalline ... I haven't asked for a re-quote for Ceramic based upon your advice yet)
Ours cost $7400 for Xpel Ultimate, full wrap around edges. Guys did an amazing job, and did the centre console for free in Xpel Stealth when we took it back in to get everything checked and a few little areas fixed up. The quotes around here seem about on the money. Definitely pays to make sure you find a good installer that has a good reputation.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Today has been absolutely insane for other peoples reactions. Have had people that are doing 10-20 over the limit fly up beside me, slow back down to near the limit to check out my car then once they finish going past, fly off again, including one Tesla driver who just couldn’t keep his eyes off my car, even once he finished passing, looking over his shoulder back at it 😂

can safely say since Thursday last week my car has had more intense attention than in the entire period from delivery until last Thursday.

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,097 ·
We've definitely had our share of random driving manoeuvres around the car lol. It's sometimes annoying as people like to fly up and sit right in your blind spot while they check out the car. Definitely get a lot of questions about what type of car it is, even coming from car people.

1081 - 1100 of 1156 Posts