Polestar Forum banner
1,281 - 1,300 of 2,537 Posts
Saw a Model Y in the wild today. How's the saying go? A face only a mother could love?
I couldn't agree more BUT

TMY has a very slick software, all common apps unlike AAOS drip feeding an half finish app every 6 months. It even has Netflix.
It's spacious, has good storage. No need to 3D print your own coffee cup holder and what not.
It has camping mode, drive well, good range etc and many clever features.

So would I have one? Hell no! 🤣

So would I have one? Hell no! 🤣
TBF, just the looks of the Model Y and that was enough for both my and the wife to say no thank you. Don't care about anything else when the car looks like a hunched frog.

I find it incredibly difficult to distinguish a TM3 or the Model Y- to my eyes they look practically identical. I can only tell them apart by looking at their roofline relative to adjacent cars.

I am now up to 4 Polestar sightings but never seen an EV6 or a Ioniq 5.
I have only seen one Polestar in Brisbane that wasn't associated with the test drives.
I did meet a new Polestar owner in Childers when we stopped to have a look at the charging station. They even let us have a look around it. It was a week before our test drive and their enthusiasm sealed the deal. I forced my wife to have a look at the Model 3 in the showroom and she didn't like it, but was suitably impressed by the Polestar.

I have seen a couple of Ioniq 5s around Brisbane (or the same one a few times). There is one that lives in West End.
If it wasn't for the Polestar, we would probably consider the Ioniq 5. I dig the pixel vibe.

I find it incredibly difficult to distinguish a TM3 or the Model Y- to my eyes they look practically identical. I can only tell them apart by looking at their roofline relative to adjacent cars.

I am now up to 4 Polestar sightings but never seen an EV6 or a Ioniq 5.
FWIW, I can now cross EV6 off my spotters bingo card. Looks quite nice in the deep metallic blue. But I see it’s price (AWD GT line) has crept up to above my price-protected MY23 order (and I have the leather), it’s not compelling value.

A short trip to Chadstone Shopping Centre this morning and single digit consumption for 15 mins of driving with the climate control on 21deg and low speed fan (outside was 12 deg)!

About 10mins in to the drive, it was averaging about 7.5kwh/100km but couldn't pull over to mark the occasion with a photo.

Font Technology Electronic device Gas Display device

FWIW, I can now cross EV6 off my spotters bingo card. Looks quite nice in the deep metallic blue. But I see it’s price (AWD GT line) has crept up to above my price-protected MY23 order (and I have the leather), it’s not compelling value.
I crossed off an EV6 yesterday too.

✅ EV6
✅ Ioniq 5
✅ Model Y
❔iX
❌ Polestar 2

A short trip to Chadstone Shopping Centre this morning and single digit consumption for 15 mins of driving with the climate control on 21deg and low speed fan (outside was 12 deg)!

About 10mins in to the drive, it was averaging about 7.5kwh/100km but couldn't pull over to mark the occasion with a photo.

View attachment 17569
You should've taken a photo while driving and explained to the officer that you wanted to document the moment when the consumption was super low. It would be the equivalent of his ICE patrol car using 1l of petrol for 100 km. :)

I crossed off an EV6 yesterday too.

✅ EV6
✅ Ioniq 5
✅ Model Y
❔iX
❌ Polestar 2
This is my list:

✅ Model Y (saw 5 different ones yesterday)
✅ Polestar 2
✅ Ioniq 5
✅ EV6
✅ iX
✅ iX3
✅ i4
✅ Taycan
✅ XC40 Recharge
✅ EQC
✅ EQA
❌ Audi eTron
❌ BYD Atto 4

Also, while not an EV, the Cupra dealership is setup in Artarmon and lots of cars out there on the lot. Hoping to see the Cupra Born there at some point.

This is my list:
This might incur the wrath of the mods for thread drift (but luckily they don't seem to visit us much here in the antipodes) but my full EV list cutting and pasting from other's hard work is:

✅ Model Y
✅ Polestar 2
❌ Ioniq 5
✅ EV6
✅ iX
✅ i4
✅ Taycan
✅ XC40 Recharge
✅ EQC
✅ EQA
✅Lexus UX
✅Jaguar iPace
✅ Audi eTron
✅ Baby Hyundai EV's (Kona, original Ioniq)
❌ BYD Atto 4
❌ C40
❓ MG's, Mini's and MX-30 (they all look the same as the ICE)

The iPace belonged to an admin lady in the office who parked behind me, so I could ogle regularly. It had cool carbon fibre (maybe faux) aero inserts in the rims.....

Jeez they are some lists! Mine was much shorter when I was still in the market to upgrade my Ioniq EV:
Polestar 2
Ioniq 5
EV6
GV60
EQA

Edit: Forgot the XC40.

Pretty sure you mean Atto 3 ;)
Had a look at an Atto 3 in the flesh the other day and spoke to the owner. It's a really nice car and if they can bring some kind of volume I think it will sell well. He paid $49k OTR and got $3k rebate so not bad in the scheme of things.

Reactions: FarOut

View attachment 17569
I don't know how you managed this on such a short journey. Since 2.2, it takes me that long to offset down to 20 from the 150+ (seen it as high as 350) it starts with when I pull off my drive.

I don't know how you managed this on such a short journey. Since 2.2, it takes me that long to offset down to 20 from the 150+ (seen it as high as 350) it starts with when I pull off my drive.
I have no idea how or why. I just happened to look down and see it hover around the mid 7s and then took the photo when I got to the car park. It must either be a bug or a rare one off.

Tried to repeat the same route that afternoon and got 12.8 kWh/100km. Still impressive.

I have no idea how or why. I just happened to look down and see it hover around the mid 7s and then took the photo when I got to the car park. It must either be a bug or a rare one off.

Tried to repeat the same route that afternoon and got 12.8 kWh/100km. Still impressive.
Certainly is. I'm definitely seeing an improvement since 2.3.

1,281 - 1,300 of 2,537 Posts