Polestar Forum banner
1,321 - 1,340 of 2,537 Posts
Congratulations!
The new 19's look shmick with magnesium body.
Thank you. The 19" wheels definitely look much better in person than they do in the configurator photos. Same for the colours. I asked the guy at the handover if he had seen any Jupiter but not in Sydney. He had just only seen Moon.

One thing I noticed about the car is the turning circle. It is nacht güd. Now I have to do 3 point turns getting in and out of my carpark.

Congratulations chief!! Looks fantastic ... so please for you ... after everything ... enjoy the car!!
After driving the 60 odd kms all is forgiven. The car is just so quiet and smooth to drive. Now to just get over this stupid cold/flu so that I can truly enjoy the car.

Reading the issues surrounding the 12v battery, because I am going away for a couple of weeks, my car will be sitting in the garage doing nothing. I was worried that the 12v battery might suffer as a result, as my previous hybrid car did during Covid. I reached out to support for their advice. This is what I got back:

"Leaving your vehicle idle for 2 weeks will not cause any damage to your 12V battery. If the battery were to start to deplete, the traction battery would wake up and supply a small charge in the interim.
If you still have concerns with this matter you can disconnect the 12 volt negative pole on the battery which will mean the car is asleep the whole duration. Please note that this is not a service we can provide and only to be done if you feel comfortable doing so."

I didnt know about the "wake up and supply".

Morning All.

I contacted CS regarding the availability of the Performance Upgrade.

During the handover Simon @ Melbourne explained that the option to order it would become available after handover but that didn't seem to occur so, on the off-chance this was a SalesForce "feature", I contacted CS. Seems that's related to he pause in OTA updates.

Thank you for your enquiry. Normally the upgrade is available via the website however we have just been informed that Polestar HQ have decided to temporarily close down this option due to the pause in OTA deployments. The upgrade is delivered OTA therefore the delivery of the upgrade would be interrupted and we wish to avoid complications.

Please be assured that this option will open back up again as soon as possible and we apologise for any inconveniences this may cause.

Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend (in Melbourne) and of course "Go Cats !!"

PS. Simon is a Swans supporter ... so he does have his faults!

Reading the issues surrounding the 12v battery, because I am going away for a couple of weeks, my car will be sitting in the garage doing nothing. I was worried that the 12v battery might suffer as a result, as my previous hybrid car did during Covid. I reached out to support for their advice. This is what I got back:

"Leaving your vehicle idle for 2 weeks will not cause any damage to your 12V battery. If the battery were to start to deplete, the traction battery would wake up and supply a small charge in the interim.
If you still have concerns with this matter you can disconnect the 12 volt negative pole on the battery which will mean the car is asleep the whole duration. Please note that this is not a service we can provide and only to be done if you feel comfortable doing so."

I didnt know about the "wake up and supply".
I asked Liam at the handover the same question because we are going away for a month. He told us that the car has to be driven or turned on for the 12 volt to be topped up from the main battery. And if the main battery was being trickle charged then it would not charge the 12 volt.

So who knows. For 2 weeks wouldn't it be better to put the car in deep sleep? As in shutdown the car and leave it like that.

Has anyone been able to install ABRP off late? I tried it yesterday and the app did not show in the car and this morning when I try from my machine it tells me that the app is not compatible with the Car. I can definitely install other things like Youtube Music.

Yay. I can finally post something on this topic as an owner and not just a lurker. Picked this up yesterday evening.
Great news. I always said that there was a chance you would pull ahead of me at the last post, and indeed it was so. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy ! Glad to hear your expectations are being met after such a long wait.

Great news. I always said that there was a chance you would pull ahead of me at the last post, and indeed it was so. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy ! Glad to hear your expectations are being met after such a long wait.
Thanks mate. Here's hoping your car makes the trip north soon too.

Thank you. The 19" wheels definitely look much better in person than they do in the configurator photos. Same for the colours. I asked the guy at the handover if he had seen any Jupiter but not in Sydney. He had just only seen Moon.

One thing I noticed about the car is the turning circle. It is nacht güd. Now I have to do 3 point turns getting in and out of my carpark.
I hadn't noticed the turning circle to be honest. I can do a u-turn on my street so that's probably all I care about I guess :D

Congrats on finally getting the car. Looks awesome

Reactions: sarcastyx
I hadn't noticed the turning circle to be honest. I can do a u-turn on my street so that's probably all I care about I guess :D
Our car park entry is so tight that I have barely 6 inches from the wall when I am turning to go down one level. Even the sensors go absolutely crazy claiming I will the wall in front or on the side.

Congrats on finally getting the car. Looks awesome
I definitely notice the bigger turning circle. My ICE XC40 is way better, but supposed to be the same platform. Must be affected by engine/battery placement

Well update on the issues of last week. The saga continues. Went out shopping this morning - only about 12-15km. On the way back about 2km from home, I pull up at the lights. As the car comes to a stop, I get an acceleration reduced message and turtle mode. I think at least I'm not far from home and can limp home. But before the lights go green, I get a 12V failure message and the car is dead once again. The thing that has struck me in both of these breakdowns is the incredibly short time between "hey look out, something might not be quite right" and total failure.

So twice in 7 days I'm getting a lift home in a tow truck. They dropped the car on the street out front - facing the traffic - and I got a long extension lead and charged the 12V battery enough for me to get the car on the drive and lock it up.

Not happy Jan.

So twice in 7 days I'm getting a lift home in a tow truck. They dropped the car on the street out front - facing the traffic - and I got a long extension lead and charged the 12V battery enough for me to get the car on the drive and lock it up.

Not happy Jan.
Might need to do a battery health check on the 12v, sounds like she's dead, Jim.

My ICE XC40 is way better, but supposed to be the same platform.
The CMA platform is by its very nature very flexible in terms of sizes. The only thing that is fixed in place on CMA is the distance from the front axle to the pedal box. The Polestar 2 for example has a wheelbase that is 33mm longer than the XC40, which will make a difference to the turning circle, especially when by the numbers its 11.8m vs 11.9m

I get a 12V failure message and the car is dead once again.
Sorry to hear it mate, not the thing you want with your new toy. I hope you can get it resolved quickly.

As @lilstevie says yeah, i think your 12v is dead. Small chance it just needs a good long trickle charge 5-6 hrs at least. See if that sorts it out. The clue I guess is that you were driving so the DC to DC charger should have been doing it's job. There's a small chance it was just on the edge of charge but still doesn't sound likely. Likely be a replacement thing.
Hopefully support can help you with this. AGM's should last minimum 4 years.

I hope P* follow suit on what other car makers have been doing and replacing with a lithium battery, they have a longer lifetime 10+ years, hold better charge for running computers and frankly better suited than AGM's especially as there's no starter, just lots of computers wanting a few watts a piece.

Guess i'm adding a jumper battery to my shopping list in case this happens to me!
Thanks for sharing.

Sorry to hear it mate, not the thing you want with your new toy. I hope you can get it resolved quickly.

As @lilstevie says yeah, i think your 12v is dead. Small chance it just needs a good long trickle charge 5-6 hrs at least. See if that sorts it out. The clue I guess is that you were driving so the DC to DC charger should have been doing it's job. There's a small chance it was just on the edge of charge but still doesn't sound likely. Likely be a replacement thing.
Hopefully support can help you with this. AGM's should last minimum 4 years.

I hope P* follow suit on what other car makers have been doing and replacing with a lithium battery, they have a longer lifetime 10+ years, hold better charge for running computers and frankly better suited than AGM's especially as there's no starter, just lots of computers wanting a few watts a piece.

Guess i'm adding a jumper battery to my shopping list in case this happens to me!
Thanks for sharing.
I've added a jumper battery to my list too. Unfortunately I didn't pick it up today :D

I think it is likely the battery is dying / dead but I think there is more wrong here with the other warnings I've been getting the last few days.

I've added a jumper battery to my list too. Unfortunately I didn't pick it up today :D

I think it is likely the battery is dying / dead but I think there is more wrong here with the other warnings I've been getting the last few days.
A dodgy DC to DC charger maybe? Now you're absolutely in warranty territory.
P* said anything to you yet?

1,321 - 1,340 of 2,537 Posts