Polestar Forum banner
1,401 - 1,420 of 2,537 Posts
So is that a clear matte wrap over Magnesium? Absolutely sensational!
Yes, Xpel Stealth which gives it a satin look ... Magnesium works really well with it.

Someone else on the Australian form (can't remember if it's @lilstevie ??) had their Void wrapped with a matte PPF as well and posted some pictures (sorry but cannot find them at the moment) and that looked awesome too.

I'll post some pictures (and a couple of interesting learnings) when the car comes back from the detailer sometime this coming week.

Has anyone else had the 3.15.0 app update on iOS and finding it terrible for connection reliability? Up until now I’ve had a pretty good run with the app, but with the latest version every time I open it I get “more than one error occurred”

A query for the Brisbane owners who have had tinting and ceramic coating/detailing done.

As my time to be an owner is rapidly approaching (and my bank balance is rapidly dwindling as I pay for the darn thing in advance) it is time for me to get prepped for the next stage of the journey (I even revived my Google account I last used about 10 years ago....). I have trawled through this & related threads, and have seen a few people who have used Solar Style, and one or two other tinter recommendations. As people may have had theirs done for several months now, does anyone have any updates to their recommendations / feedback on the process they could share?

My planning is window tint & ceramic coating as minimums, and then optional is a PPF / wrap to the gloss console and PPF to the back bumper/ boot sill under the liftback lid (I always seem to scratch this).

As a lot of people seem complain of heat transfer though the windscreen, any thoughts on the utility of doing the QLD legal 10% coverage strip of tint at the top of the windscreen?

Ta !

Had a strange glitch yesterday. While driving around and running errands both my indicators and parking sensors stopped making any noise. Still had sound from the radio. An infotainment reset fixed it but it was absolutely bizarre.

Anyone in NSW wondering where their EV tags went from the plates. Well Polestar did not rivet them on the number plates. They are just stuck on. I only noticed them as I was drying my car after washing it and the rear EV tag was hanging sideways and at the bottom of the plate.

Might have to go get a rivet gun and properly fix them on the plates.

Has anyone else had the 3.15.0 app update on iOS and finding it terrible for connection reliability? Up until now I’ve had a pretty good run with the app, but with the latest version every time I open it I get “more than one error occurred”
I updated the app yesterday and yes the app is slower to connect and get the details of the car. Was better before the update. I still get the same errors but that’s because my car is parked in the basement.

Anyone in NSW wondering where their EV tags went from the plates. Well Polestar did not rivet them on the number plates. They are just stuck on. I only noticed them as I was drying my car after washing it and the rear EV tag was hanging sideways and at the bottom of the plate.

Might have to go get a rivet gun and properly fix them on the plates.
I really don't want an ugly rivet puncturing my plate. But this is the suggested process from VicRoads. In looking at other EVs (in particular Tesla) I'm not seeing rivets being used. And the blue background on some of the EV stickers (Tesla again) seems to be a darker less conspicuous blue - actually dark navy. I know this is a bit OCD - but what other EV sticker solutions are others using?

I think I have the new version. Not sure if the connectivity is any worse or just the way the UI updates. Not helping things is that as of this morning I have SOS Ecall error in the car and the app is not able to connect at all, and the infotainment is hung and won't reboot. I have just left it charging today and will try to do some resets tomorrow and hope for the best.

The ongoing software and TCAM issues are starting to grind me down.

Despite having the system set to use the timezone provided by the network provider and being well into QLD, my car this weekend decided that we were getting daylight savings. I wish we did. We've got plantation shutters throughout the house so the curtains fading won't be an issue for us.

Despite having the system set to use the timezone provided by the network provider and being well into QLD, my car this weekend decided that we were getting daylight savings. I wish we did. We've got plantation shutters throughout the house so the curtains fading won't be an issue for us.
I've found the cars auto-timezone system isn't very good. When I got the car it said it was 3am (picked up at 4pm) and at handover they said that it should resolve itself by the time I got home. It didn't, instead I had to turn off auto-timezone, manually set it, then flick it back to auto for it to pick up the correct time.

Polestar did not rivet them on the number plates.
Mine was rivetted in but that's in VIC no NSW . Because I changed the plates I got some cheap EV sticker on eBay
In the end, I managed to reuse the stickers from the original plates and use 3M automotive double sided tape to stick it on. Probably wouldn't pass an audit or last forever but does the job well enough for me to not worry about it.

So overnight the infotainment is working again but fobs are not working while digital key is. App is still not getting updates from the car and I am still getting SOS ecall service needed message. Called support and they are getting tech support to call me back but not today as it’s a public holiday. Quite similar issue to last time. I should probably try the macgyver TCAM reset I guess but would rather polestar deal with it and just replace any faulty components.

So overnight the infotainment is working again but fobs are not working while digital key is. App is still not getting updates from the car and I am still getting SOS ecall service needed message. Called support and they are getting tech support to call me back but not today as it’s a public holiday. Quite similar issue to last time. I should probably try the macgyver TCAM reset I guess but would rather polestar deal with it and just replace any faulty components.
The only time I've had the ecall service error was when the TCAM backup battery was flat. Plenty of threads on here about how to check it. I read at the time that a looong charging session should charge the BUB as well and that certainly appeared to do the trick for me.

Just bumping up my query for the Brisbane owners who have had tinting and ceramic coating/detailing done (in case lack of response is due to everyone being away on the long weekend).

As my time to be an owner is rapidly approaching (and my bank balance is rapidly dwindling as I pay for the darn thing in advance) it is time for me to get prepped for the next stage of the journey (I even revived my Google account I last used about 10 years ago....). I have trawled through this & related threads, and have seen a few people who have used Solar Style, and one or two other tinter recommendations. As people may have had theirs done for several months now, does anyone have any updates to their recommendations / feedback on the process they could share?

My planning is window tint & ceramic coating as minimums, and then optional is a PPF / wrap to the gloss console and PPF to the back bumper/ boot sill under the liftback lid (I always seem to scratch this).

As a lot of people seem complain of heat transfer though the windscreen, any thoughts on the utility of doing the QLD legal 10% coverage strip of tint at the top of the windscreen?

Ta

The only time I've had the ecall service error was when the TCAM backup battery was flat. Plenty of threads on here about how to check it. I read at the time that a looong charging session should charge the BUB as well and that certainly appeared to do the trick for me.
I've just had the ecall and related errors resolved by the Polestar Space tech in Melbourne. It required physical removal of the communication module to reset. That's the ultimate method as it removes the module from the back up power supply for a hard reset. I recommend contacting support to request that service at a PS Space. It was a 30 min exercise once I arrived at the Space.

1,401 - 1,420 of 2,537 Posts