Polestar Forum banner
1721 - 1740 of 1813 Posts

·
Registered
MY23 SRSM Magnesium Plus/Pilot Lite
23 Posts
This might be old news but Polestar service centres are now listed for Australia on the polestar website.
It seems they are all at Volvo dealers.
Seems Volvo Sutherland is the only option for "Sydney" right now - hopefully my local Volvo is onboard before I need help (be it a "service" or a workshop only software update)

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,419 Posts
This might be old news but Polestar service centres are now listed for Australia on the polestar website.
Slightly annoying that the only one in Melbourne at the moment is Waverley Volvo but ¯\(ツ)/¯ does explain why they were so interested in my car when we were looking at XC40 colours

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
317 Posts
I was very torn between Magnesium & Snow … it’s such more than white IMO … the whole storm trooper look is VERY compelling, especially if you’ve tinted … I cant recall if you have @FarOut, or whether you have those 19inch wheels … they divide opinion but I think they look awesome, especially on snow … I have serious wheel jealousy!!
Thanks. Yep- tinted to the max legal. In a nice 3M ceramic- which in the high IR blocking tints seemed to be the closest to black, rather than an ever so slight green shade. The white, black trim, and deep tints do give a very cohesive look.

I have the MY 19” rims. I think they are better than the MY22 19s, but the 20” PPs are the best by far. If they were a stand-alone option I would have been tempted….

·
Registered
317 Posts
It’s news to me- so thanks for sharing. No surprises for the Brissie one, but how come Sleepy Perth needs two? Must be dirty electrons from their local coal fired power stations giving rise to blocked filters /s.

·
Registered
443 Posts
It’s news to me- so thanks for sharing. No surprises for the Brissie one, but how come Sleepy Perth needs two? Must be dirty electrons from their local coal fired power stations giving rise to blocked filters /s.
Perth has just the one Volvo dealer, just happens they have two locations. SHame they didn't get all this sorted before starting to sell cars. Might have got mine 2 months earlier.

As for coal fired power stations, we've got way less than you lot and, if you've been following the WA news, ours are about to run out of coal! Interesting theory though, had no problems at all on mine so far, maybe because it's been fed pure organic electrons straight from the sun it's whole life.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Perth has just the one Volvo dealer, just happens they have two locations.

As for coal fired power stations, we've got way less than you lot and, if you've been following the WA news, ours are about to run out of coal! Interesting theory though, had no problems at all on mine so far, maybe because it's been fed pure organic electrons straight from the sun it's whole life.
Ok - thanks for that - the website didn’t make it clear.

We should have more coal fired stations in QLD, but at the rate they are exploding and collapsing their numbers are dwindling rapidly.

I too only use 100% free range electrons, nothing but the best for my baby.

·
Registered
914 Posts
It's the number of available units.
Right. So it shows how many are available to use. In which case if it said 0/2 then that would indicate both being occupied. I guess it is confusing because it shows that in green with no information on what it means. I read it as 2 chargers but both being used. It would be better (and they have the space in the UI) to display it in 2 lines as:
  • Total: 2
  • In use: 2

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I guess it is confusing because it shows that in green with no information on what it means.
When its 0/x its red, so it will be easier to understand when you come across one in use.

• Total: 2
  • In use: 2
Technically that would be inaccurate. 0/2 doesn't mean 2 are in use, it means 0 are available. It might seem like a distinction without a difference, but in-use implies that it will be available at some point soon, where unavailable includes broken units.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Technically that would be inaccurate. 0/2 doesn't mean 2 are in use, it means 0 are available. It might seem like a distinction without a difference, but in-use implies that it will be available at some point soon, where unavailable includes broken units.
Fair enough. They can change it to Total and Available. This would make it easy for users to understand what it means. Haven't come across a 0/x yet so never saw it change colour to red.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Really interested in your feedback on the car.
it’s only been a day so not comprehensive, but so far:

2 cup holders ✅
Decent sized centre console ✅
Mini bin at front of centre console ✅
No manual holder in glove box ❌
Pilot assist activation through touchscreen only ❌❌❌

·
Registered
130 Posts

2 cup holders ✅
Nice!
You are so fortunate to have 2 EVs.
If you have some spare time could you please post a pic of your matte PS2 and C40 boot to boot with side profile shot?
It would be interesting to compare the different side profiles.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Nice!
You are so fortunate to have 2 EVs.
If you have some spare time could you please post a pic of your matte PS2 and C40 boot to boot with side profile shot?
It would be interesting to compare the different side profiles.
I don’t think the wife will approve of photos but I’ll see what I can do

·
Registered
914 Posts

2 cup holders ✅
Nice. How’s the efficiency on the C40? Is it a DM or a SM? The UI of the Volvo’s definitely was not as polished as the Polestar’s. At least that is what I found during the test drive.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Nice. How’s the efficiency on the C40? Is it a DM or a SM? The UI of the Volvo’s definitely was not as polished as the Polestar’s. At least that is what I found during the test drive.
It’s only been a day, but slightly worse than my P*2 but not by much. It’s the SM like my car.

There are some elements of the Volvo UI I prefer, mainly in the instrument cluster. For example the trip meters box has a close button on it, but for the IHU I definitely prefer the Polestar implementation. It’s also missing the basic (non-HK) EQ settings, giving you only treble and bass sliders, nothing too major though.

honestly the biggest UX difference is the control for pilot assist. For the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel the direction arrows do absolutely nothing

1721 - 1740 of 1813 Posts