Polestar Forum banner
1741 - 1760 of 1813 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
It’s only been a day, but slightly worse than my P*2 but not by much. It’s the SM like my car.

There are some elements of the Volvo UI I prefer, mainly in the instrument cluster. For example the trip meters box has a close button on it, but for the IHU I definitely prefer the Polestar implementation. It’s also missing the basic (non-HK) EQ settings, giving you only treble and bass sliders, nothing too major though.

honestly the biggest UX difference is the control for pilot assist. For the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel the direction arrows do absolutely nothing
Umm, the PS tripmeter has a close button...

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,419 Posts
View attachment 19640
This is the PS one, I don’t have a pic of the C40 one but it has a “close” on screen button on the box itself, and close is the default option, so if you press the centre button again it closes
just to clarify the difference, I took a picture of the C40 one this morning when I was swapping the charge cable between cars

Communication Device Gadget Mobile device Portable communications device Font

·
Registered
443 Posts
This is the PS one, I don’t have a pic of the C40 one but it has a “close” on screen button on the box itself, and close is the default option, so if you press the centre button again it closes
Prefer the PS approach, different button to perform each function. Centre button to reset, bottom left button to close. Not a fan of using arrow buttons to select what you want to do. Clunky and more difficult on the move IMO.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Prefer the PS approach, different button to perform each function. Centre button to reset, bottom left button to close. Not a fan of using arrow buttons to select what you want to do. Clunky and more difficult on the move IMO.
I bet those who have accidentally reset TM would disagree ;) but also there is no need for TM reset to be on the pop up on either car, there is a physical reset button on the end of the indicator stalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
I bet those who have accidentally reset TM would disagree ;) but also there is no need for TM reset to be on the pop up on either car, there is a physical reset button on the end of the indicator stalk
So they press buttons without reading what they do then double down and press it again when it asks are you sure.... Doesn't sound like an "accident" to me.

·
Registered
Magnesium LRSM with full Pilot Pack
102 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
317 Posts
So they press buttons without reading what they do then double down and press it again when it asks are you sure.... Doesn't sound like an "accident" to me.
I don't know about that. The user manual is remarkably vague about how to get trip meter screens to display on the drivers screen, and the only way I could get it to show it was by pressing buttons at random, ala monkeys & Shakespear. I could have easily overshot the mark.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Doesn't seem to be any in Canberra - nearest on the map is Sydney. Am I reading that right?
That's what owners have also been saying in other groups. Closest is Sutherland then Newcastle, both in NSW, is what I've been reading. Hopefully they will continue to work hard to bring more dealerships on board.

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
413 Posts
This might be old news but Polestar service centres are now listed for Australia on the polestar website.
It seems they are all at Volvo dealers.
That's great news ... hopefully I'll be able to get the Mulgrave dealership to fit the new steering wheel ... AutoNexus were being "difficult" ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
2023 LRDM - Magnesium - Plus & Pilot Lite
48 Posts
Re service dealerships, I wonder if it's training of the mechanics/engineers to get listed on the site, hence slow rollout. As more get trained up more Volvo dealerships will be listed?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re service dealerships, I wonder if it's training of the mechanics/engineers to get listed on the site, hence slow rollout. As more get trained up more Volvo dealerships will be listed?
You would think that there would be almost zero training required with the XC40 being out for some time now, and the C40 (the Volvo twin of the P2) deliveries commenced at the beginning of this month.

·
Registered
2023 LRDM - Magnesium - Plus & Pilot Lite
48 Posts
You would think that there would be almost zero training required with the XC40 being out for some time now, and the C40 (the Volvo twin of the P2) deliveries commenced at the beginning of this month.
I suspect it's less about that they share parts & other bits, and more about, here's where x & y is & here's the checks you need to perform but most of all that you sat with a Polestar trainer and got signed off after 2hrs of training.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Honestly there are a ton of tiny differences all over the vehicle which will require some training, but the main part, VIDA should be straight up transferable.

One thing I did see mentioned overseas is that from the dealerships side, they need a separate Polestar license for VIDA, which is potentially the main friction point here.

hopefully I'll be able to get the Mulgrave dealership to fit the new steering wheel ... AutoNexus were being "difficult" ¯\(ツ)
Volvo Waverly was definitely very interested in my car when we went past there a month ago, so I'm sure they'll have at least some interest in your car :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
Morning All - hope everyone is having an excellent weekend.

FWIW: SnapShades have started selling a fitted windscreen shade for the Polestar*2 ...

Thanks @goulash1971. Ordered these 2 days ago, arrived this morning.
A bit expensive, but they are a step up from the cheaper Supercheap types. Feel solid and fit well.
Reflections on the windscreen are not indents in the shades.
Tints and shades Electric blue Automotive exterior Composite material Denim
Sleeve Electric blue Automotive exterior Tints and shades Bumper

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
413 Posts
Thanks @goulash1971. Ordered these 2 days ago, arrived this morning.
A bit expensive, but they are a step up from the cheaper Supercheap types. Feel solid and fit well.
Reflections on the windscreen are not indents in the shades.
View attachment 19845 View attachment 19846

View attachment 19847
Yes, I've never bought a sunshade before ... and to be honest, I've found the car to be pretty "cool" with the OEM tint & UV protection, plus the extra tint I've had put on the side windows ... but I was pretty impressed with the SnapShade that was on a friend's car, teh build quality and the fact that it is easily packed into a storage bag ... good to hear that you've found it as advertised :)

1741 - 1760 of 1813 Posts