Polestar Forum banner
1761 - 1780 of 1813 Posts

·
Registered
MY23 SRSM Magnesium Plus/Pilot Lite
23 Posts
Getting a bit excited for delivery, I have custom vic euro plates that I want to slap on the car as soon as I get home. What’s the plate situation? The vic euro plates don’t come with screw holes so I need to DIY them.
Do the holes suit the vic general issue plates or slimline plates?Also want to put tamperproof torx screws on the plates so if anyone knows the plate screw size that would be awesome!
Did you manage to pop the euro plates on your Polestar 2?
I am wanting to do the same for the NSW plates, but not sure how to mount them (and same up in NSW, it's drill your own holes - or at least mount it yourself)

·
Registered
MY23 LRDM, Space, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
34 Posts
I am wanting to do the same for the NSW plates, but not sure how to mount them (and same up in NSW, it's drill your own holes - or at least mount it yourself)
I reused the mounts from my previous Volvo (giving the dealer some promo!), but you can pick up mounts like this
From Supercheap. They are a great way to not add excess holes to your bumper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I reused the mounts from my previous Volvo (giving the dealer some promo!), but you can pick up mounts like this
From Supercheap. They are a great way to not add excess holes to your bumper.
Thanks!

I will suss things out (still trying to find a Service NSW that has stock of the plates), but was worried just a backing plate mount like that might not tilt 'forward' enough to be compliant - hence wondering if there's a bigger wedge/mount thing like there currently is on the car.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Only delivered 19 Oct :cry:
Was painful to see that Facebook. Glad the owner came out unscathed.

The owner will have to wait another 6-8 months to get another Polestar (unless they can find a pre-config one) and the prices have gone up. Delivery fee is $2500 now. Right now a SRSM in Snow with Pilot Lite, Plus pack and 20" wheels costs more than my LRDM in Magnesium with Pilot lite and 19" wheels. And this SRSM comes over the stamp duty rebate cut off.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Question for people who have got fitcamx. I just got the camera and it says that the fitcamx app is not available in the Australia. This is on iOS. Have others got this app installed on their iPhones in Australia? If so then how?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Two weeks in and after an awesome trip to Radelaide the P2 is in for repairs 🥲 Passenger headlight started flashing and indicators wouldn’t work showing a malfunction on the dash. Got towed to Autonexus, God knows how long it will take to get repaired. Here’s to hoping it’s a simple fix.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I just used the provided plates as a template and marked holes on the Euro plate. Worked quite well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah I just used the provided plates as a template and marked holes on the Euro plate. Worked quite well.
Thanks - I'm still wanting to avoid drilling the plates, haha.
I ordered the plate holders from VicRoads (they were very confused to have someone from NSW ordering), and am making do with the "good" double sided tape until they arrive.

Failing that, drilling it is.

·
Registered
2023 LRDM - Magnesium - Plus & Pilot Lite
48 Posts
Question for people who have got fitcamx. I just got the camera and it says that the fitcamx app is not available in the Australia. This is on iOS. Have others got this app installed on their iPhones in Australia? If so then how?
Installed & (kinda) working for me, originally just got it from the app store. Out of curiosity, If i remember correctly there's a QR code to the app in the instruction pamphlet it came with, try that?

having said that, I can no longer see it as a new download, so they must have changed something / didn't allow in our region for some reason. Try their support they were mildly helpful when I reached out to them, took a couple back and forward notes but they were responsive.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Installed & (kinda) working for me, originally just got it from the app store. Out of curiosity, If i remember correctly there's a QR code to the app in the instruction pamphlet it came with, try that?

having said that, I can no longer see it as a new download, so they must have changed something / didn't allow in our region for some reason. Try their support they were mildly helpful when I reached out to them, took a couple back and forward notes but they were responsive.
I tried the QR code and that’s what said the app is not available in Australia. Found an app called Viidure which seems to be the same thing. Their auto chat feature even has a question about the iOS app and it points to this app but in in the Chinese App Store. Hoping this will work.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Last week I travelled to Melbourne and as usual hired a rental from Hertz. They gave me a crappy MG and on return I saw this. I checked the costs and it was only a few more $’s than the MG.

Does anyone know if the Hertz P2’s come with the Pilot pack in Oz? And/or do P2’s in Oz have variable speed limiters fitted as standard? If so I’m very tempted to get one of them next trip. Thanks!
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Reactions: Mooch

·
Registered
914 Posts
Does anyone know if the Hertz P2’s come with the Pilot pack in Oz? And/or do P2’s in Oz have variable speed limiters fitted as standard? If so I’m very tempted to get one of them next trip. Thanks!
From my understanding they have various trim levels. By variable speed limiters do you mean where the ACC adjusts the speed automatically? If so then my car does not do that and I am happy that it doesn't. I think the test drive cars did that and I remember one of them slamming on the brakes in a school zone to slow down to 40 in a 60 zone even though it was the weekend. My car still warns me about the school zone every time I drive past one even though the school is not in session or it is the weekend.

·
Registered
471 Posts
From my understanding they have various trim levels. By variable speed limiters do you mean where the ACC adjusts the speed automatically? If so then my car does not do that and I am happy that it doesn't. I think the test drive cars did that and I remember one of them slamming on the brakes in a school zone to slow down to 40 in a 60 zone even though it was the weekend. My car still warns me about the school zone every time I drive past one even though the school is not in session or it is the weekend.
Thanks. No, I mean when you set a maximum speed and the car will not accelerate past that unless you press the throttle to the floor. US delivered cars don’t have it at all, regardless of packs fitted.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Thanks. No, I mean when you set a maximum speed and the car will not accelerate past that unless you press the throttle to the floor. US delivered cars don’t have it at all, regardless of packs fitted.
Ahh yes that. You get the choice of either opting for the ACC, CC, or the speed limiter. I think the latter are standard and ACC is the only one that is added as part of the Pilot pack.

How can you tell from the outside?
Non Pilot pack cars don't have the front fog lights here in Australia.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ahh yes that. You get the choice of either opting for the ACC, CC, or the speed limiter. I think the latter are standard and ACC is the only one that is added as part of the Pilot pack.

Non Pilot pack cars don't have the front fog lights here in Australia.

1761 - 1780 of 1813 Posts